McGregor has to rematch Aldo

literally nobody said that about serra gsp 2, why you lying?

You sure about that? This is what I heard a lot of "Serra is going to KO GSP again!" I not only argued with them about that conclusion but I also had to correct them in the fact that it was not a KO it was a TKO.

RDA who has been KO'd how many times now is not a worst match up on paper and neither was Alverez who has good not great wrestling and good not great boxing.

Lol at thinking that the guy who literally was going to try and attempt to strike with Conor was not an easier matchup than the two guys who weren't.

Eddie was FORCED to strike with Conor, Aldo CHOSE to. Both got KO'd. The guy who didn't want to strike with Conor in the first place and was trying to take the fight to the ground is obviously the tougher matchup than the guy who had no intention of doing anything else other than fighting the very type of fight McGregor wanted all along.

Aldo is a better fighter than RDA and Eddie sure, but that doesn't mean that he's a harder stylistic matchup. He's still going to try and strike with McGregor and McGregor already showed he's better than him at it.

You sure about that? This is what I heard a lot of "Serra is going to KO GSP again!" I not only argued with them about that conclusion but I also had to correct them in the fact that it was not a KO it was a TKO.
I'm sure there was some small fringe, but the overwhelming opinion was that GSP takes the rematch. Serra was a known journeyman commodity.

After that fight, there would be a group of people that predict GSP gets KO'd in every fight. but the educated opinion was GSP wins.

One was the champion for YEARS and cleared out the division.

Aldo has 3 wins over the current top 15, and one is from 7 1/2 years go.

Yup, but Conor got an immediate "run it back" fight didn't he? Aldo who was most dominant FW champ ever did not. You can try, but its indefensible friendo.

Conor actually won most of the Diaz fight badly. Aldo just got KO'd.

If you can't see the difference you're an idiot.

I'm sure there was some small fringe, but the overwhelming opinion was that GSP takes the rematch. Serra was a known journeyman commodity.

After that fight, there would be a group of people that predict GSP gets KO'd in every fight. but the educated opinion was GSP wins.

My point is that just because Aldo got knocked out in 13 seconds does not mean it will go the same way in the second fight. Now if he loses then that is that but I believe he can beat Conor.

He cleared the division over and over again.

Because there were much bigger fights at 155. Conor went after the more exciting matches because that's what sells. You and OP can think he's a pussy all you want, but it was good business and numbers bear that out.
i never said he was a pussy, or it wasn't good business.

You think winning the first round of a 5 round fight, then being choked out in the 2nd round earns you an immediate rematch? i think you're staring at the idiot in the mirror friendo.

If you think what conor did at FW is anywhere close to what Aldo did dominating that division for 6 years ... again take a look in the mirror and there's your idiot. no comparison at all. Conor beat 2 top ranked FWs, Mendes and Aldo. Aldo beat all the top FWs for years. Brown, Frankie, Lamas, Swanson, Mendes, Faber, Florian, Hominick. The only name absent on Aldo's record is Denis Siever.

You better believe that when Aldo beats Conor, he'll be calling out Denis Siever immediately.

Last edited:
You think winning the first round of a 5 round fight, then being choked out in the 2nd round earns you an immediate rematch?

I think it does a hell of a lot more to warrant a rematch than getting KO'd in the very first exchange of the fight.

If you think what conor did at FW is anywhere close to what Aldo did

I never said that, thanks for listing a wall of irrelevant text.

I think it does a hell of a lot more to warrant a rematch than getting KO'd in the very first exchange of the fight.

I never said that, thanks for listing a wall of irrelevant text.
Aldo deserves a rematch because he was dominant champ for years, regardless of getting ko'd. winning 1 round of 5 doesn't earn you jack shit. No one said Aldo deserved a rematch because of 194, but years and years as dominant champ. Same as Anderson, Rousey or any dominant champ. you're conflating two arguments to make your narrative support your position.

if you weren't comparing Conor at FW to Aldo, what did this mean?
"Aldo has 3 wins over the current top 15, and one is from 7 1/2 years go."
that's exactly what you were doing. Pre conor, Aldo had actually cleared out FW. Conor did nothing even close. At least own your bullshit friendo. Aldo has wins over 3/4 top FWs (chad would be in there but he's suspended), and he's fighting Max next if Max ever signs the fucking contract.
your argument is bullshit, and you know it. You can be damn sure, that as long as Aldo has the belt, he'll fight every contender they put in front of him.

Even if it was a fluke KO (it wasn't), getting absolutely splattered like that means you have to build up your resume again before the fans will get excited to see a rematch. That's the bottom line. And the Frankie UD just did not cut it. Put on a dominant finish against Max and then we have an actual debate. Right now, it's just a bunch of whining for something that *might* make sense from a pure sport angle, but just does not from a business angle. And we all know which of those two dictates McGregor matchmaking. That's not him being a pussy, that's him being a business, man.

*Edit: BEFORE HE RETIRES

He will be the pussy of the story if he retires before it, more so if he loses at LW (what will likely happen).

The only scenario where he could do it is if Aldo enter in a losing streak and Conor keep winning
He doesnt have to rematch Aldo for anything you fucking turd.

He KOed the dude in less than 13 seconds, knocked out cold.

Prior to that, Aldo pulled out of the fight how many times?

GTFO

Maybe not.
But it sure isn't defending.
It's winning tougher fights. Who gives a fuck if it's defending. He headlines cards against great fighters. That's his job. Defending frankly isn't a top criteria. If it fits he will. His next fight we'll see who it's against but it's almost certainly a top fighter.

Even if it was a fluke KO (it wasn't), getting absolutely splattered like that means you have to build up your resume again before the fans will get excited to see a rematch. That's the bottom line. And the Frankie UD just did not cut it. Put on a dominant finish against Max and then we have an actual debate. Right now, it's just a bunch of whining for something that *might* make sense from a pure sport angle, but just does not from a business angle. And we all know which of those two dictates McGregor matchmaking. That's not him being a pussy, that's him being a business, man.
You're missing the point tho, Aldo didn't have to "build up his resume" any further than beating Frankie for the interim belt. That gets you the next shot, period. regardless of the whether the champ is "interested" in the fight, if you're the lineal champion you need to unify the belt. You can blame that one on UFC making the idiot interim belt for 200 in the first place, which they only did so that Conor could fight Nate again immediately. Sure you can skew towards the business, and that favors Conor who is great for business. but you can't discredit the sport entirely, which 3 fights out of division and then 10 months off while keeping a belt certainly did. Even UFC has limits to which they'll discredit the sport.

It's winning tougher fights. Who gives a fuck if it's defending. He headlines cards against great fighters. That's his job. Defending frankly isn't a top criteria. If it fits he will. His next fight we'll see who it's against but it's almost certainly a top fighter.
Answer :lots of people, who notice the same and think the McUFC direction is shit sandwiches.

It really truly is like UFC 194 ever happened for some of you guys
How in the fuck, can you type with a strait face Conor defended a belt at 194? That was an interim belt, and a unification fight for the div. You are really grasping here. That fkn clown, has not defended once in his fucking life. I'll wait for your spin on it.......Conor would be proud of you defending him, maybe he will give you a shout-out, or blow you a kiss.

fair enough, but not with the belt. he can fight whoever he wants, lol that he fought nate cause it was a tougher fight, he thought it was a gimme fight. if you have the belt then "defending isn't a top criteria" is total bullshit. you know this. UFC knows this after the clusterfuck he made of FW, and 2 belts in 2 divisions, many complaining top fighters, and 2 interim belts. he wont get the same latitude at LW he got at FW. like it or not, he's going to have to defend that belt.

How in the fuck, can you type with a strait face Conor defended a belt at 194? That was an interim belt, and a unification fight for the div. You are really grasping here. That fkn clown, has not defended once in his fucking life. I'll wait for your spin on it.......Conor would be proud of you defending him, maybe he will give you a shout-out, or blow you a kiss.
right? what belt was he defending? he defended the interim belt against aldo? are you serious? god help us all that unifying the belt against the lineal champion is considered a "title defense". WTF happened to this sport.

He literally doesn't have to unless he loses the title at 155.

fair enough, but not with the belt. he can fight whoever he wants, lol that he fought nate cause it was a tougher fight, he thought it was a gimme fight. if you have the belt then "defending isn't a top criteria" is total bullshit. you know this. UFC knows this after the clusterfuck he made of FW, and 2 belts in 2 divisions, many complaining top fighters, and 2 interim belts. he wont get the same latitude at LW he got at FW. like it or not, he's going to have to defend that belt.

He fought Nate because rda pulled out. Not because he wanted a gimme fight. He wanted the toughest fuckin fight avail (rda).

I agree with the rest. He'll defend or he'll likely give up the belt. Or win another one. It's about the fights and the moments and the legacy for him. And the money of course. The UFC is the platform and they're in it together. If he fails he fails. It'll still make money.

The reality is he took one fight out of sequence and that was Nate 2. And that was still taking a fight many expected him to lose again.

If that happened I won't.
I'll say he's taken the best step towards building a legacy, finally
As one of the rare two-division UFC champs his legacy is already assured. He can grow it, but beating Aldo wont add much except to the true hardcores. If he beats Khabib and Ferg that would be far greater.

Back