McGregor Contract Expiration

They can. There are ways around it.

How many times has Dana said "we offered Fighter A a fight and he turned it down" knowing full well there were a plethora of reasons as to why they turned it down.

Conor wants to fight, it's obvious. This Chandler fight was supposed to happen like a year ago or something now.
Yea, I know the turned it down thing. The original comment was implying that Dana hasn't been offering fights. I took that to mean any fights, which they can't do without expecting a subpoena if Conor wanted to actually fight.

Regardless, probably stupid to go on about some hypothetical situation. If Conor was fully ready and willing to fight, Dana and the matchmakers would be having a meeting about when and against whom to book him within the hour. They wouldn't give him some undesirable opponent now. They want him to accept a fight and have it be one they think he can win. I get the sense that Conor's piss is still dirty or he's just one foot in one foot out at this point. Talks about fighting on Twitter but then starts being flaky when the UFC actually tries get a ball rolling.

I mean yeah, maybe.

Seems pretty clear to me he wants to fight though, he did TUF, he's training, he's sparring, etc He's done countless interviews seeming pretty adament that he wants a date.

Whereas all Dana has done is be totally evasive every time he's questioned on it.
Agreed 100%.

UFC has to pay him what he wants. Theyll make money, even if it's a little. If he's that much of a pain, then make what you can, then dont resign him. He is getting older afterall.

Glad, someone else sees it. No USADA, recovered from injury, has so much free time hes doing movies, Conor is just asking for a lot. Ufc is playing the waiting game here. Theyre gonna slightly lose or slightly win going this way.

Back