McGregor Contract Expiration

Look, he clearly was never gonna be on 300. Road house comes out March 21st and he probably has some obligations through all of March.

The ufc and I'm sure conor want him the best version of himself he can be at 35yrs old, he will fight international fight week 100%.

You guys all make a mountain out of a mole hill and all common sense goes in the shitter with most of you it seems

His last good performance was in 2016 when the guy was 28 years old.

I agree, it's time to bury the nostalgia.
He looked just fine in the khabib fight and gave him one of his tougher fights. So 2018 was a good performance and he looked just fine in the Dustin fights in 2021

The dude is the type of guy that has to fight 3 times a year to stay sharp and he has pissed the latter half of his career away

I don't know about Mel Gibson, but Conrad was calling for the Pacman fight when he was at the Ngannou vs Fury event.
I do remember that, but its about as relevant as Topuria calling out Conor... Who wouldn't want that fight? Fuck, I'd take £20m to get KTFO any day, just i dont have the platform to ask for it.

Its only a thing when both parties are talking about it... We're literally discussing the cocaine-enabled fantasies of a degenerate.

TS doesn't know wtf he's talking about.

You should be tankin' me.

I'm bumping your lame thread...

Also, you were the one who brought up Mel Gibson when he said nothing of the sort in reality.
Fjord is a troll who gets off on denying reality, then calling other people who disagree with him trolls and blocking them

Just like this guy
This is very hard on sherdog, everyone wants to be a retard in every moment.
Some camaraderie between 2 of this site's biggest bitches

If Dana isn't willing to let Conor fight he need to release him from his contract. Simple.

His non-answers to the questions about Conor at the press confrence were pathetic.,
If Conor wants to fight, then Dana either has to give him fights or pay him to not fight. That's how the contracts work. Promoters can't just hold a fighter hostage.

His last good performance was in 2016 when the guy was 28 years old.

I agree, it's time to bury the nostalgia.

This 💯

That's close to a decade and he will be 36 in a few months

It's over for him. Maybe he could have one more good performance? But realistically he is damaged goods now and if he ever fights again, he will be a shadow of the guy that fought Dustin, never mind the version from 2015-2016

I thought all contracts had a twilight clause. IE an expiration date.
They do, i guess before said date he cant fight in other places, also we might need to keep in mind that Conor wasnt eligible to fight for a while, that time might has been added to his contract expiration date.

If Conor wants to fight, then Dana either has to give him fights or pay him to not fight. That's how the contracts work. Promoters can't just hold a fighter hostage.
us-box-promoter-don-king-smiles-with-a-cigar-between-his-teeth-during-a-press-conference-for-the-wba-heavyweight-world-championship-fight-between-current-world-champion-nikolai-valuev-from-russia-and-his-challenger-ruslan-chagaev-from-uzbekistan-in-stuttgart-southwestern-germany-thursday-april-12-2007-the-fight-will-take-place-in-stuttgart-on-saturday-april-14-2007-ap-photothomas-kienzle-2PBMP5C.jpg

Fjord is a troll who gets off on denying reality, then calling other people who disagree with him trolls and blocking them

Just like this guy

Some camaraderie between 2 of this site's biggest bitches
This is key information that I was missing when I engaged the chump in the first place.

I've been away - excuse a bro for getting suckered! Lmao!

Conor saying he will do something is a very different thing than him actually going through with it, very...
I mean yeah, maybe.

Seems pretty clear to me he wants to fight though, he did TUF, he's training, he's sparring, etc He's done countless interviews seeming pretty adament that he wants a date.

Whereas all Dana has done is be totally evasive every time he's questioned on it.

They can. There are ways around it.

How many times has Dana said "we offered Fighter A a fight and he turned it down" knowing full well there were a plethora of reasons as to why they turned it down.

Conor wants to fight, it's obvious. This Chandler fight was supposed to happen like a year ago or something now.

The only fight I’ve ever heard Conor REALLY want in the last few years is a boxing fight with manny.

At this point, that makes the most sense for him and allows him to take the least damage & most money.

How many times has Dana said "we offered Fighter A a fight and he turned it down" knowing full well there were a plethora of reasons as to why they turned it down.

Conor wants to fight, it's obvious. This Chandler fight was supposed to happen like a year ago or something now.

I think for most cases Dana has to offer a minimum of 3 fights to a fighter per year , otherwise he has to pay them/release them from their contract?

in september of 2018 mcgregor signed a 6 fight deal. he has only fullfilled 4 fights of his agreed upon deal. he isnt gonna fight unless they pay him more. he isnt a champion and most UFC contracts you dont get PPV pay unless you are the champ or fight a champ. im sure with mcgregor there is an exception. he wont fight unless paid more. he prob feels he brings in more money than he is receiving. he doesnt have to fight. he is worth 9 figures. the ball is in his court. he is one of the few in MMA who has this power. until he is on his last fight that is. then if the UFC cant come to terms they will never organize the last fight for him. and sit on it forever.
will the UFC ever release him? absolutely not. they want him competing nowhere but in their organization. no one has made them more money than him, the UFC wont let that go. if he wants to wait out his 5 year no fight void contract he has to wait until july 2026. they own him and wont allow him to compete in any other sport until then.

Dana said he offered Leon Edwards 3 opponents for UFC 300, all 3 of them said no to that? Dana says a lot of BS sometimes, also, none of them was Belal? That guy would take it in a heartbeat.

Doubt he can escape it, but honestly...I doubt Conor ever fights again at this point.

Back