Mayweather vs Canelo and Mathysse vs Garcia fight night thread

My picks aswell except swap Garcia for Matthysse. I might be leaning towards a late TKO for Floyd if Canelo gasses particularly hard though. We'll see.

Floyd might be able to stop him late. In recent years he hasn't really gone out of his way to stop fighters, though.

Man, I was on my feet in the second round of Mosley/Shane.

Same!! Just couldnt believe that Mosley was getting to him so easy, and that FM was staying up. Those were some serious bombs he took flush.

Eire (ireland) aint the uk dude

Correct. It's Northern Ireland I'm from which is part of UK, technically. Although i consider myself Irish because I'm Catholic. Very messed up set-up over here, bud!

Yup, I expect another late night of fights. I've gotten used to it over the years though, staying up until 6am to see UFC main events has prepped me for this.

Loada bollox it is. Gonna be like a zombie tomorrow

OK, what are yall's odds and takes on Floyd getting seriously rocked in the fight but still winning?

Haaaay, guise. Tonight is gonna be my first boxing PPV ever. Watching it mostly for Floyd, but I'm no undercard-snubbin' bitch! Saw two of Matthysse's brutal knockouts for free on my DVR thing as well, and I can't say I know anything about his opponent because I've only tried to start following boxing in the past like, two months, but to me, Lucas certainly seems hittable based on his tendency to swing his punches a little. What power he's got, though! I'm pretty excited.

Im ready now. Sick of these documentaries, lets do it.

Same!! Just couldnt believe that Mosley was getting to him so easy, and that FM was staying up. Those were some serious bombs he took flush.

Yeah, people know me as a Mayweather fan here but Mosley was a fighter I followed since Tuesday Night Fights was on. I was yelling like a fool in my living room.

Mild upset by Cano over Theophane.
Smith by narrow decision over Molina in a stinker which Molina complains about.
I'm almost literally 50/50 on Garcia/Matthysse, having originally given the nod to 'Matty'. I'll stick with my pick and say 'Matty' in five but I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Garcia flatten him.
Mayweather decision over Canelo, probably by about eight rounds to four/nine to three.

Seeing Johnny Manzel and Floyd get humbled on the same day would just be.......too much for words.

Looking forward to the main event

Approximate time til main event for PBF/Canelo?

Correct. It's Northern Ireland I'm from which is part of UK, technically. Although i consider myself Irish because I'm Catholic. Very messed up set-up over here, bud!

Oh I know all about it. Mon the hoops!

Back