Mayweather vs. Berto face off vid- pretty intense

Lol a thurman fight wouldn't have been a huge ppv fight

Thurman or Kell Brook, anyone of the top 5 in the Ring Magazine Top 10, would of been a HUGE ppv draw compared to Berto v Mayweather Jr. A shame really

Thurman or Kell Brook, anyone of the top 5 in the Ring Magazine Top 10, would of been a HUGE ppv draw compared to Berto v Mayweather Jr. A shame really

I think all 3 would do similar numbers.Casual fans in the states don't know Brook at all. Thurman is not setting the boxing world on fire so far either.

Instead of fighting scrubs and calling out Maweather, these guys should have been fighting each other and creating demand for that fight. Thats how most of Mayweathers previous opponents have earned the big fight.

Mayweather watched Berto v Ortiz live and it's what got him back into boxing. He had a lot of praise for both guys that night and I think he's always had it in his head that he wanted to fight Berto. I imagine he's been in the running a few times.

May v Brook/Thurman does about 800k I think. With a longer promo may be a push towards 1m.

Mayweather watched Berto v Ortiz live and it's what got him back into boxing. He had a lot of praise for both guys that night and I think he's always had it in his head that he wanted to fight Berto. I imagine he's been in the running a few times.

May v Brook/Thurman does about 800k I think. With a longer promo may be a push towards 1m.

I'm not sure what it is Mayweather sees in Berto but they've been trying to put that fight together for years now. Thats why Berto kept getting shots on HBO that people felt he didn't deserve. And yeah, his finish of Lopez was OK but enough to earn that fight? hmm

I guess this should be a lesson to the up and comers in that division. Take good fights to get more good fights.

I'm not sure what it is Mayweather sees in Berto but they've been trying to put that fight together for years now. Thats why Berto kept getting shots on HBO that people felt he didn't deserve. And yeah, his finish of Lopez was OK but enough to earn that fight? hmm

I guess this should be a lesson to the up and comers in that division. Take good fights to get more good fights.

I think it was literally the fight with Ortiz. Floyd isn't a complex guy, if he see's someone that really impresses him live then he'll keep that in his head and not let anything else get in the way of it.

Unfortunately for Berto he got too knockout hungry with this right hand. When he was fighting his way up he had a very effective arsenal of punches. What happened to the right uppercut? He was knocking everyone out with that. He used to mix it up, body to head, now he just throws a predictable 1-2.

Floyd Sr is such a loud mouth cokehead. If he didn't win the gene pool lottery by having floyd as his son he'd be in prison or dead.

"He (Floyd Mayweather Jr.) thanks everyone but his daddy. He thanks Leonard Ellerbe, a homosexual. I know he's a homosexual and everyone else knows it. You can print that because I said it. I can tell you nothing else but how gay he is."

-Floyd sr

Cold blooded

"He (Floyd Mayweather Jr.) thanks everyone but his daddy. He thanks Leonard Ellerbe, a homosexual. I know he's a homosexual and everyone else knows it. You can print that because I said it. I can tell you nothing else but how gay he is."

-Floyd sr

Hahahahahaha. That last sentence is what makes it really funny.

"I can tell you nothing else but how gay he is."
Obama-kick-open-door-gif.gif

I think all 3 would do similar numbers.Casual fans in the states don't know Brook at all. Thurman is not setting the boxing world on fire so far either.

Instead of fighting scrubs and calling out Maweather, these guys should have been fighting each other and creating demand for that fight. Thats how most of Mayweathers previous opponents have earned the big fight.

I totally disagree with the similar numbers thing. Casual fans get their "facts" and "inside info" from the most mainstream sources out there. If ESPN and the like are talking about how dangerous Brook is for a couple months it becomes a big fight against a very legit threat. Same with Thurman. If those same mainstream sources were saying Berto was a good opponent and not calling it a joke of a fight it would do much better as well. These are the same who buy any Pac fight regardless of the opponent.

I agree though that these other dudes should have been fighting each other to try and earn a shot. If Brook/Thurman/Khan had a win over Brook/Thurman/Khan I would have loved to see Money fight one of those guys. Hell if one of those guys beat BOTH other guys I bet Money would have been all over that fight.

Berto looked away first.

Also, didn't know Nate Diaz was fighting on the card?

latest

If Berto promises to do the shoulder roll thing again i'll pay to watch it.

If Berto promises to do the shoulder roll thing again i'll pay to watch it.

Thats how they should hype this event. Winner gets to claim shoulder roll supremacy.

I love that gif of the berto chicken wing defense. That shit is hilarious. I hope he unveils it at the fight or he's doomed

Berto has no chance. That's why Floyd picked him. Floyd said he didn't pick Khan because he doesn't have a big name, however, Berto has even a less recognized name. Again, I understand there is not much to pick from out there but Khan would have been a much more impressive win for him.

Berto has no chance. That's why Floyd picked him. Floyd said he didn't pick Khan because he doesn't have a big name, however, Berto has even a less recognized name. Again, I understand there is not much to pick from out there but Khan would have been a much more impressive win for him.

I'm glad Khan didn't get it. Thats the silver lining of berto vs Floyd for me.

It's certainly the only lining. But yeah, Khan getting brushed aside is a little satisfying (despite the fact that I have no idea why Floyd is so taken with Berto).

It's certainly the only lining. But yeah, Khan getting brushed aside is a little satisfying (despite the fact that I have no idea why Floyd is so taken with Berto).

Its an odd fight. It almost feels like Floyd is just telling all the guys calling him out to get bent, sort of a middle finger to the guys who will take his place when he retires.

Its not a great fight but I don't think Berto is so bad as people are making him out to be. Personally, I've never liked Berto at all but he's usually competitive.

Back