• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Mayra Bueno Silva: I got popped by NSAC

The same thing happened to Miles Johns and Rodrigo Nascimento.

It is embarrassing the NSAC continues to flag fighters for taking ADHD medications like Ritalin and Adderall, prescribed by a licensed physician, but have no problem with fighters using marijuana.

Sheetara is a clean fighter who kicked Holly Holm's ass. End of story.

amphetamines are a great performance enhancer. Anyone can get a prescription for adderall buoy just have to know what to say.

You’re mistaken, Ritalin is still regularly prescribed.

Regarding Silva- it depends what her levels were at fight time. If she took some extended release Adderall the week before and there were still trace amounts present, then let her slide with a warning, because it didn’t affect anything except maybe give her an irregular heartbeat.

If she actually took some just before the fight, then hang her out to dry because that shit will absolutely enhance her reflexes and speed.

Dude I have adhd what they prescribe for it is literally poison... just like when they said Oxycontin isn't poisonous heroine
.. the pharmaceutical companies are worse than drug dealers... they are drug dealers that lie to you and say it's safe... remember riddilin? It's Adderall but they stopped selling it because it got sued.... dont worry we added Tylenol lol

Last edited:
i haven’t read anywhere that the flagged substance was confirmed to be adderall. people know that there is a massive variety of drugs prescribed for ADHD, right? & adderall seems to be on the downswing atm. fwiw, i’m sure that all those drugs are also on the banned substance list, but just wanted to point that out because they all have varying, & oftentimes disparate, side effects.

also, i never knew she suffered from ADHD until now, but i def clocked her neurodivergence just from post-fight & press conference interviews, so this doesn’t surprise me at all

This is a special case

Because the thing about ADHD

Is that it's pretty much

And the commission

Probably Adderall maybe

And NSAC

So there's that

This can be disregarded because as it stands, almost every single male champ either has failed PED tests (O'Malley, Islam, Jones) or is extremely sus on the topic (guys taking long trips to Thailand and come back different) more so than a mid level wmma fighter. As long as the elite are blatantly using stuff and allowed to away with it, the lower caste cannot be held accountable for the same actions.

There are a lot of drugs that can be prescribed by a doctor, that are still banned. If you don’t understand how Adderall can be performance enhancing, then there’s no point in explaining further
Enlighten me. Because honestly I can't see how ADHD meds are going to give you an advantage in MMA. The only possible argument I can see is the use of stimulants during the fight itself. Other than that, I highly doubt any advantage is gained during training.

Does Holly get her loss overturned?

02c74066be8cee6d278ed002dfed562c.gif

Here is USADA on how athletes with ADHD can get a TUE for prescription medication to treat the disorder.

https://www.usada.org/spirit-of-sport/education/athletes-adhd-know-about-tues/

Mayra has ADHD. She claims she stopped taking the drug at the start of fight week as per her usual practice. Low levels were detected in her system. We will see how this process plays out. We should not rush to judgment without knowing all the rules involved or the ins and outs of the TUE process.

That makes sense

Mayra this is no bueno

<mma1> just a pinch of salt in a swimming pool.

Well that settled it book Pennington vs Pena for the bw title already.
Poor holly got eliminated by a juicer.

Yeah because Holly passes the smell test.
40 year old woman with abs is totally normal.

The same thing happened to Miles Johns and Rodrigo Nascimento.

It is embarrassing the NSAC continues to flag fighters for taking ADHD medications like Ritalin and Adderall, prescribed by a licensed physician, but have no problem with fighters using marijuana.

Sheetara is a clean fighter who kicked Holly Holm's ass. End of story.

Ritalin and adderall are like speed... marijuana....is definitely not sir.

Huuuuuge difference.

Yes let's pretend the people who passed every test are also cheating so we can over look known failures.
<DisgustingHHH>

Lets pretend you know something about the human body and stop throwing shit against the wall.

I never said overlook this chicks failure, but of course this is Sherdog where you can say anything to try to make yourself right smh.

Fight overturned. Give Holly the title shot.

Holly gonna ping ya. This is Holly’s game. Holly’s game forever.

Lets pretend you know something about the human body and stop throwing shit against the wall.

I never said overlook this chicks failure, but of course this is Sherdog where you can say anything to try to make yourself right smh.
It's the only way to read your comment.
Why else would you need to pretend holly got popped unless you want to say everything was equal with the known popped fighter?
This is sherdog where people make shit up like holly is on something without proof, then turn around and say oh I didn't mean what my comments implying because I didn't type it up word for word in bold.

Back