Alexandr Shabliy still isn’t quite sure whether his fight with Usman Nurmagomedov is happening or not

Hopefully Shabliy sticks to his guns and only accepts to a million dollar payday and forces PFL to either respect the contract and pay up or look like like chumps in front of the whole world.

It's greedy of me but I just want to see this fight. If Shabliy beats Usman he will have tons of star power and leverage, if the fight gets postponed and canceled and shit, he could be left with his dick in his hand for months or a year so easily, he could derail himself.

If Shabliy beats Usman he will have tons of star power and leverage
Only if the UFC comes calling, otherwise I don't see why PFL wouldn't treat him the same way they've treated the rest of their fighters.

Shabliy going off on PFL, says that his original PFL contract way back was the same as he was getting in Fight Nights and that he knows from fighters that PFL always paid less then Bellator

Also says that PFL has a policy of signing washed fighters and paying them a ton while paying their own homegrown guys way less

But shabliy is a smart guy, when answering the reporter why he signed with Bellator if he knew he wouldn't get the recognition, he used the example of Corey Anderson on Joe Rogan who replied to Joe saying fighters are wasting their careers not fighting in the UFC, "I had to find someone to cover my shift to come onto this show in the UFC" but when he joined Bellator he said he can do what he loves full time

Says that no matter how nice the glory of the ufc with the recognition and belts sounds, you will be forgetten in 6 months and a new star will appear

Last edited:
Back