Max vs Topuria, final Thoughts.

Me and my girlfriend at the time had a blast. We went to visit some friends that were stationed over there (looong flight). We stayed on the beach on the 28th floor of this hotel, the balcony overlooked the beach. I stayed in the water surfing one day, the worst I've ever been burnt. Lol, we even saw a good hair metal band at some dive bar.
lol nice. Yeah I went to u of h manoa for college which is further inland from Waikiki which is where I am assuming you were staying. Oahu is nice. Locals call Honolulu town side. The beauty of Oahu imo is outside of town. If you ever go back to Hawaii you should check out some of the other islands. They are all unique and have their own mana (magic) and special qualities. It’s too bad you couldn’t make it to Lahaina in Maui pre the disaster.

Totally agree with the 1st ballot HOF. I agree he's already with them, I meant more cementing it aka end all debates of his greatness.
The GOAT talk is exclusive and those Volk losses taint it.
Although looking back he should've been given the decision in the 1st fight (my opinion). But reality is looking at those specific losses shows that he wasn't the best FW at the time.
He got shut out 4-1 in the first fight. The second one was the close one

lol nice. Yeah I went to u of h manoa for college which is further inland from Waikiki which is where I am assuming you were staying. Oahu is nice. Locals call Honolulu town side. The beauty of Oahu imo is outside of town. If you ever go back to Hawaii you should check out some of the other islands. They are all unique and have their own mana (magic) and special qualities. It’s too bad you couldn’t make it to Lahaina in Maui pre the disaster.
Man, I regret that we didn't explore some of the islands. We were young and dumb. I've only seen pics, so beautiful (I'm sure pics don't do it justice).

I think this is the fight we will find out if Topuria is for real. Sure, he beat Volk who was coming off his first KO loss, and got KO'd again. Is this the beginning of the end for Volk? Now we have Holloway, coming off his classic KO against Gaethje. He's never been finished, and he has a gas tank that never empties. He has good footwork, gets in and out fast, and is an accurate puncher. Beating Max is no easy feat! I will pick Holloway by UD, and if Topuria wins, I will tip my hat to him, he is a true champion.

Rooting for Max, but honestly I haven't seen Topuria outside of the Volk fight so I don't really have a lot of first knowledge to go on. I don't wanna see Volk vs Max again so I'm kinda conflicted.

Max wins IMO, but Topuria's always has the chance with his power. I think max wins by TKO or submission. I see Max responding to Topuria, that will come down to Chin and Cardio, resulting in Max winning the fight somehow, probably by submission but possibly TKO. I think Topuria chin is average or a little better than average vs Max Iron Chin.
Max by submission would be wild.

I am not a gambling man but I would image the payout on that would be quite favorable.

Rooting for Max, but honestly I haven't seen Topuria outside of the Volk fight so I don't really have a lot of first knowledge to go on. I don't wanna see Volk vs Max again so I'm kinda conflicted.
I know everyone loves volk... but dude is coming off back to back KO losses.
Neither were close or controversial.

His next fight should not be for an undisputed title unless he is a last minute replacement or backup fighter.

I love/hate this fight.
Max I have to support because he’s my home fighter from Hawaii. And what is there to say about him? He’s a fuckin legend.
Topuria is one of my new favorite fighters, I love the little euro trash king. He’s all team violence and backs up his shit.

but someone’s gotta lose sadly or get double KO’d in a beautiful sequence of fighting preferably for me to be happy. I pick Topuria by KO round 2
Double KO but Max somehow gets up like Rocky 2 when rocky beats the count .

Max points to the center but Ilia can't answer the call.

I don't think it's gonna happen, but I didn't think Max would buzzer beater faceplant Justin Gaethje .... so who knows.

Max by submission would be wild.

I am not a gambling man but I would image the payout on that would be quite favorable.
The odds would need to be literally insane, Topuria is elite on the ground.

Double KO but Max somehow gets up like Rocky 2 when rocky beats the count .

Max points to the center but Ilia can't answer the call.

I don't think it's gonna happen, but I didn't think Max would buzzer beater faceplant Justin Gaethje .... so who knows.
How ya been feeling? My surgery is on Halloween. I'm having second thoughts.

How ya been feeling? My surgery is on Halloween. I'm having second thoughts.

Just played my first gig since Thanksgiving 2022.

Went pretty well.

Keys and harmonica.
But barely played keys with my right arm at all.

Right arm may have re-broke.. either that or it just healed so fucked up from the break during the last surgeries that xrays lead to the diagnosis of fractured humerus.

So I may essentially have a permanently broken arm. Because I sure as fuck don't want to sign up for another major open surgery for them to re break it and put plates and screws in and shit like ....and go on antibiotics for the rest of my life.
Fuck that

I'm seeing the pain Dr who does my ketamine treatment about a "peripheral nerve stimulator" which is an electric implant that is supposed to disrupt the pain signal.
Fuck it. What do i have to lose at this point?

Pain is bad. I'm drinking every day to cover the pain that cuts thru the meds.
Not much. Like 2-3 shots of bourbon.

Playing a LOT of harmonica.
Learning a lot of saxophone, string, keyboard/synth parts on harmonica for the band(s*) im playing with is really forcing me to step my harmonica skills up to a higher level.

Seconds thoughts eh...?

I have been there. And I have even last minute canceled surgery. Not sure it was a great idea, in my case.. but let's just say I get it.

For me I wasn't in the right frame of mind.
Cost me a few months though. Which sucked.

Whenever these so called great strikers come out from time to time, the first thing I notice are their feet….footwork

Topurias are elite level. The way he pursues, slips in and out, distance management, peekaboo

He’s got it and he’s going to abuse Max at 145

Just played my first gig since Thanksgiving 2022.

Went pretty well.

Keys and harmonica.
But barely played keys with my right arm at all.

Right arm may have re-broke.. either that or it just healed so fucked up from the break during the last surgeries that xrays lead to the diagnosis of fractured humerus.

So I may essentially have a permanently broken arm. Because I sure as fuck don't want to sign up for another major open surgery for them to re break it and put plates and screws in and shit like ....and go on antibiotics for the rest of my life.
Fuck that

I'm seeing the pain Dr who does my ketamine treatment about a "peripheral nerve stimulator" which is an electric implant that is supposed to disrupt the pain signal.
Fuck it. What do i have to lose at this point?

Pain is bad. I'm drinking every day to cover the pain that cuts thru the meds.
Not much. Like 2-3 shots of bourbon.

Playing a LOT of harmonica.
Learning a lot of saxophone, string, keyboard/synth parts on harmonica for the band(s*) im playing with is really forcing me to step my harmonica skills up to a higher level.

Seconds thoughts eh...?

I have been there. And I have even last minute canceled surgery. Not sure it was a great idea, in my case.. but let's just say I get it.

For me I wasn't in the right frame of mind.
Cost me a few months though. Which sucked.
Good to hear you got to play at least. Yeah, it seems every time I have surgery they fuck up something else. I DO NOT want to go through it again just to be disappointed. I have 5 more days to decide, we shall see. I'll probably just suck it up and do it. They fusing another level and cutting bone spurs out, also they taking out screws and plates from a previous fusion. Bunch of shit.

Last edited:
Whenever these so called great strikers come out from time to time, the first thing I notice are their feet….footwork

Topurias are elite level. The way he pursues, slips in and out, distance management, peekaboo

He’s got it and he’s going to abuse Max at 145
I've noticed this too. He's also very good at shifting his feet on the inside to create angles. His technique on his punches is second to none as well.

Back