Media Max responds to Islam's critique of BMF fight, "why didn't you fight in February?"

What Islam did to Volk in less than a round at UFC 294 was more than Max did in 15 rounds in comparison. I hope Max does win and get his title shot vs Islam so I can see Max’s fans can cry and give excuses.
It's almost like Islam got Volk

- on 10 days notice while he'd had a full camp
- coming off surgery and no training
- across the world

Or something.

Just a complete coincidence you spoke about that one and not their first fight where Volk was actually prepared and it was as competitive as the majority of those "15 rounds with Max".

lol and what is a useful fight? And useful for who?

Thisn is entertainment, if the fight is entertaining then it served its purpose.
Wasn't the consensus among Sherdog that this fight WAS useless just a few days ago?

In any case, useless as in, Justin was going to get the TS after Arman/Charles winner anyway so even if he wins, it does nothing.

From Max perspective, he isn't a fully committed 155er, so if he wins, he is likely going back down because he is not jumping the winner of Arman/Charles for a TS and will likely have to fight another top LW.

Its a fun fight, but the only way this becomes a meaningful fight is if Max wins and commits to 155.

He's got a point: Islam should've taken on Gaethje at UFC 298 and Volkanovski could've fought Topuria at UFC 300. If that had happened, and let's say Islam won, he could've then faced Poirier at UFC 302 and maybe Oliveira/Tsarukyan at the end of the year. The LW division wouldn’t be a shit show. As for Holloway, a fight with Aljo at UFC 300 would've been a blast.

He's got a point: Islam should've taken on Gaethje at UFC 298 and Volkanovski could've fought Topuria at UFC 300. If that had happened, and let's say Islam won, he could've then faced Poirier at UFC 302 and maybe Oliveira/Tsarukyan at the end of the year. The LW division wouldn’t be a shit show. As for Holloway, a fight with Aljo at UFC 300 would've been a blast.
That would have been a perfect scenario.

Too bad none of these cards was in a land with happy scales, and we fans got robbed all these fights. 😉

It's almost like Islam got Volk

- on 10 days notice while he'd had a full camp
- coming off surgery and no training
- across the world

Or something.

Just a complete coincidence you spoke about that one and not their first fight where Volk was actually prepared and it was as competitive as the majority of those "15 rounds with Max".
I recall when Volk accepted the fight , I read ok Sherdog a lot of “Volk’s the man for doing this”, “Vokk is the real G”, “Volk doesn’t give a fuck”. A lot of rah rah but after the fight till now, all I hear is that it was a bad decision because of xyz. Funny how people changes narratives to adapt to the situations.

Wasn't the consensus among Sherdog that this fight WAS useless just a few days ago?

In any case, useless as in, Justin was going to get the TS after Arman/Charles winner anyway so even if he wins, it does nothing.

From Max perspective, he isn't a fully committed 155er, so if he wins, he is likely going back down because he is not jumping the winner of Arman/Charles for a TS and will likely have to fight another top LW.

Its a fun fight, but the only way this becomes a meaningful fight is if Max wins and commits to 155.
Again, the point is to entertain people, put butts on seats and sell PPVs, by you guys logic most fights are useless so why even watch the product?

I recall when Volk accepted the fight , I read ok Sherdog a lot of “Volk’s the man for doing this”, “Vokk is the real G”, “Volk doesn’t give a fuck”. A lot of rah rah but after the fight till now, all I hear is that it was a bad decision because of xyz. Funny how people changes narratives to adapt to the situations.
Nothing changed at all. He was all those things. So was Usman for also stepping up.

It was also just always stupid as fuck and an obvious uphill battle. As it always is when you're the one stepping in on short notice for a guy who's had a full camp.

It's become a common theme with the mountain boys that they're all insane duck merchants. Khabib was the beginning of the trend. Fucker only fought once per year. 13 fights in an 8 year UFC career. Now you have Khamzat barely ever fighting and feeling like he's owed a title shot for beating an unranked middleweight. Then you have Islam following big brother Khabib's example. The amount of hype these dudes get vs how often they actually fight is just insane.

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever heard of Justin wanting to fight at 170 lbs? And if he has, did he mention anyone in particular that he would like to fight? The man can rasshole people! 20221015_214752.jpg

Islam has been asking for a fight since December but for whatever reason his biggest critics seem to ignore that fact. It’s just weird and irrational.
Yeah just like Khamzat is always asking for a fight. Until a fight is offered then the excuses start. We don't really know what's going on behind the scenes most of the time. All we know is what these guys put on social media, which is half truths and bs most of the time. Why would the UFC not want to let him fight if he wants to fight? They let Volk fight when he probably shouldn't have, but they won't let a completely healthy Islam fight? They would rather him sit on the belt for 8 months?

You’re right ! My bad ! Nobody should ever criticize anybody unless they’ve 100 walked in that persons shoes! Only God can judge me and all that . Max needs 6 months minimum .
There's a disturbing lack of self-awareness when untrained non-fighters are telling professional fighters stuff like "6 weeks? that's a bullshit excuse!".

Really dude? Based on what? What are you basing that statement on, as an untrained non-fighter that has NO idea what it takes to prepare for a fight?

Not only that, it was a short 6 week camp, to go up a weight class

You think 6 weeks is enough time to properly go up in weight AND train for a fight? Wtf?

Again, the lack of self awareness and humility is disturbing.

clearly that’s too many fights a year if he fought in February. He could quite possibly get 2 or 3 fights in a year if he did that.
Fr, a huge part of the reason that Islam and Khabib getting brought up as GOAT LWs all the time rubs me the wrong way is that the dudes fight so infrequently.

A huge reason I think Robbie Lawler lost to Woodley was because he puts on 3-4 FOTY contenders in a row while Tyron sat out. I dont think Woodley was ever better than Lawler, he was just significantly less weathered. He cracked Robbies chin after he'd been in several back-to-back-to-back wars

Khabib fought 13 fights during his 8 year UFC tenure. During that time, Cerrone stepped into the cage 31 times (more UFC fights in 8 years than Khabib has MMA fights period)

No surprise Cerrone has such a spotty record and Khabib/Islam never lose

There's a disturbing lack of self-awareness when untrained non-fighters are telling professional fighters stuff like "6 weeks? that's a bullshit excuse!".

Really dude? Based on what? What are you basing that statement on, as an untrained non-fighter that has NO idea what it takes to prepare for a fight?

Not only that, it was a short 6 week camp, to go up a weight class

You think 6 weeks is enough time to properly go up in weight AND train for a fight? Wtf?

Again, the lack of self awareness and humility is disturbing.
Disturbing lack of awareness ?! Can you be more melodramatic?! Humility? lol I should be humble about what ? My opinion ? We all got opinions bud and you don’t have to be a fighter to have one . Hey if you think his excuse is valid more power To you but glad you found time to get his balls out your mouth to respond .

Disturbing lack of awareness ?! Can you be more melodramatic?! Humility? lol I should be humble about what ? My opinion ?
Yes - there is a disturbing lack of self-awareness and humility in your opinions. Does having it spelled out in ABC form make it easier to understand??

Also - I directly asked you to explain and justify your opinion. And you have chosen to completely duck that. What is your opinion based off of? You said 6 weeks is plenty of time right? Ok, that's your opinion, now explain it. That's based off of like, your feelings? Or it's based on experience that you have?
We all got opinions bud and you don’t have to be a fighter to have one.
What a dumb ass strawman of what's happening here.

No, you don't have to be a fighter to have an opinion, obviously. No one called that into question. You're trying to reshape the conversation as being about that, to make it more favorable to you.

YOU, an untrained non-fighter, think you know more about fight preparation, THAN A FORMER WORLD CHAMP
Hey if you think his excuse is valid more power To you but glad you found time to get his balls out your mouth to respond .
I'm not even a Max Holloway fanboy lmao. I would respond in the exact same fashion no matter what fighter said it.

Do you have any advice for NFL quarterbacks on how to properly prepare for their season?
Do you have any advice for nascar drivers on how best to train for the daytona 500?
Do you have any advice for a marine biologist on what part of the ocean they'd be likely to find an extinct species?
Do you have any advice for an artisan master painter on the best type of canvas to use?

Yeah dude. Try to have just one single drop of self-awareness and humility.

You're a neckbeard internet poster telling a former world champion fighter, that its a "bullshit excuse" and that 6 weeks is plenty of time to go up an entire weight class while training for a fight.

When you have advice and opinions on how to have the highest reddit karma, or grow the longest neckbeard, I'll shut up and defer to your expertise. In the meantime - nobody likes an armchair quarterback. Especially when the armchair quarterback never played a single season of football.

Back