Media Max responds to Islam's critique of BMF fight, "why didn't you fight in February?"

He fight at least twice every year, since 2018.
Fair enough, but they’re also what months? Feb/oct. Which we are off that schedule. I think I would’ve pointed out 2021 personally. Fair play tho

Fair enough, but they’re also what months? Feb/oct. Which we are off that schedule. I think I would’ve pointed out 2021 personally. Fair play tho

The last two years he fought during Feb and October, but he can fight during every other month. We are not even at half of the year, he has time to fight 3 times, if he avoids going to war and injuries.

Reactions: Yep
Holy fuck you're retarded

It's not a big deal, it's ok to be wrong, have a nice day.
1650980168-risichad1650980035825.png

The last two years he fought during Feb and October, but he can fight during every other month. We are not even at half of the year, he has time to fight 3 times, if he avoids going to war and injuries.
Ain’t happening. But I will apologize and say you’re right if it does.

Nobody "made" Volk fight in February. I believe that fight was originally supposed to be in January, but it got pushed back when Volk stepped in for Charles.

Well, Islam fights like twice a year at best.
He fights more often than the other champs, and more than the contenders in his own division.

Islam's had 7 fights since 2021 and looks like he'll have his 8th in 2 months, Topuria has 5, Leon Scott has 5(1 of which was a NC after 1 round), DDP has 6, Pereira has 7 but he lost one of them and has been given title fights in 2 divisions, Jones has 1, Gaethje has 4, Oliveira has 5, Poirier has 6 and lost 2 of them, Max has 5.

Volk returned earlier, too early imo, and Poirier did the same, returning earlier than the guy that KO`d them both.

I time stamped it.

• "I saw islam talk about how this fight (gaethje vs. Max) makes no sense and blah blah, but brother, you should have fought Justin in February. Why did the guy you knock out turn around so fast and fight in February when you were healthy?....You should have turned around and fought in February. Everyone knows you can't fight during Ramadan and that's why you couldn't fight on 300,but you're complaining about not being able to get fights, but it's like, you're only fighting around the times when you want to fight. It's not that you can't get fights -- you're just not taking the fights that are offered because of certain things going on. If he really wanted to fight, I thought he would have turn around and fought in February. It made no sense to make the guy who just got knocked out (volk) to fight in february."

Interestingly enough, I saw an interview with gaethje the other day basically asking the same thing.

He asked to fight in Feb or March but UFC didn't accept, plus Max should focus on Justin

That's a yes, lol.

Thanks for sharing the interview either way.
the dude focused on the part that interested him and didn’t add any baiting commentary of his own then gave a good-faith explanation lol. This isn’t bait so much as any mention of Islam runs the risk of spiraling into a shitshow

Not sure why Islam stirring up, but it is good, gets PR for both Justin and Max. Justin should be part of the contenders depending on his performance and if Charles and Arman do not impress or injury, Justin should be in hat. Not sure how Max will jump ahead. But if others fizzle perhaps.

Islam and Khabib sometimes yap worse than 6 barbers about other peoples careers. He couldnt fight in february or on 300, so why hate on a fun fight that the UFC made to stack 300?

Especially uncalled for in regards to Max who afaik never shits on other people.

Also if we're talking about legitimate fights, how legitimate is a title defense against Poirier at this point?

"Why didn't you fight in February" lol what was he supposed to be the co-main under Volkanovski or something? <lmao>
or simply the main event, and have Volk (who got brutaly knocked out) vs topuria at 299 or 300 or even 301

It's called muslim privilege. Dude has stalled the LW division for a year and a half. Had a chance to fight Leon on UFC 300 but as usual the time wasn't right, still he's bitching about other fighters not fighting.

Amen Max! I've been asking the same thing. Dude fought less than 1 round in October. He could've easily fought in Jan, Feb, or March. As it stands he's currently not scheduled through May. So, he will have at minimum an 8 month layoff at this point. Do nothing champion.

Amen Max! I've been asking the same thing. Dude fought less than 1 round in October. He could've easily fought in Jan, Feb, or March. As it stands he's currently not scheduled through May. So, he will have at minimum an 8 month layoff at this point. Do nothing champion.

What Islam did to Volk in less than a round at UFC 294 was more than Max did in 15 rounds in comparison. I hope Max does win and get his title shot vs Islam so I can see Max’s fans can cry and give excuses.

Back