Media Max landed less on Volk this fight, than in the first fight.

Yeah, but that didn't happen, exactly.

The headkick at the end of the first wobbled Volkanovski and he went down one knee and popped back up.

The uppercut at the end of the second wobbled him again and he went down on one knee and one hand, then popped back up.

Definitely debatable if they were really "knockdowns".
If you get hit so hard you fail to have your legs work properly to the point of them falling underneath your weight its a drop. He got dropped even if he recovered very well.

so it wasn't a knock down by your definition then because every "knockdown" involves knees or ass. but max and volk both went down on one knee.
69bcd77cfb231d2d50e0c3219aa21070.png

Round 1 on his knees
5327b963aab14d27d369b3c2c032873a.png

Round 2 on his knees.

He bounced up fast sure. But getting dropped counts in fights. Its a major thing to happen to a fighter that they get literally knocked off their feet from a shot.

Because fightmetric is a 100% accurate source.

PS it recorded 0 KD's in that second fight.
Wait, you think that the UFC stats are more accurate then? LOL.

Any retard (like you) will say "well X stats/metrics system isn't accurate, because it disagrees with my pre-conceived notions".

Wait, you think that the UFC stats are more accurate then? LOL.

Any retard (like you) will say "well X stats/metrics system isn't accurate, because it disagrees with my pre-conceived notions".
all those stat systems are retarded.

all those stat systems are retarded.
Disagree.

Human scoring is shown to be far more error prone, at least one a case by case basis. When you use crowdsourcing to score fights objectively, without bias, that much more closely agrees with things like fightmetric than anything else.

Yeah, but that didn't happen, exactly.

The headkick at the end of the first wobbled Volkanovski and he went down one knee and popped back up.

The uppercut at the end of the second wobbled him again and he went down on one knee and one hand, then popped back up.

Definitely debatable if they were really "knockdowns".
actually it's not.

Disagree.

Human scoring is shown to be far more error prone, at least one a case by case basis. When you use crowdsourcing to score fights objectively, without bias, that much more closely agrees with things like fightmetric than anything else.
all those stat systems are based on people counting shit badly when judging a fight has nothing to do with counting shit in the first place.

Very interesting. Volkanovski landed 137 total strikes to Holloway's 102.

Significant headstrikes: Volkanovski's 64 vs Holloway's 44
Significant body strikes: V's 6 vs H's 27
S
ignificant leg strikes: V's 67 vs H's 31
Takedowns: V's 3 vs H's 0

Apparently, Volkanovski outlanded Holloway everywhere except for body strikes. Perhaps this swayed the judge's decision to give it to Volkanovski because of how close of a fight it was.

I gave round 1 and 2 to Holloway, and rounds 3 and 4 could have been anybody's, and round 5 was Volkanovski. Again, I could see a strong argument being made about Holloway winning, but since it was such a close fight, it's very possible the stats on paper gave the fight to Volkanovski, which I would also understand.

I would say Holloway had a higher damage output (to the point of knocking Volkanovski down twice), but that doesn't get taken into account on paper, unfortunately (though the knockdowns, which are a result of the damage output, are something that I believe at least gets perceived by the judges).

To put it in layman terms, fighter John could land 1000 million strikes that are as soft as pillows and fighter Carlos could land 10 that make John bleed profusely, but fighter John will still win because the stats favor him on paper regardless of the true damage output. That's not to say Volkanovski had pillow hands, but I believe an exaggerated example/hyperbole is necessary to emphasize the point.

In this case, the damage wasn't that far off between the two fighters (just look at their faces), and Volkanovski definitely outlanded Holloway by a lot to convince the judges that he deserved it.

It was a close fight, but Volk won convincingly imo..
I'm with you man. 3,4,5 were so obvious to me that I thought I missed something when people are debating any of those rounds. Hell, before the late KD Volk was probably going to win round 1. Max didn't do enough and overall was less active than he was in the first fight. MMA has a hilarious fan base

Very interesting. Volkanovski landed 137 total strikes to Holloway's 102.

Significant headstrikes: Volkanovski's 64 vs Holloway's 44
Significant body strikes: V's 6 vs H's 27
S
ignificant leg strikes: V's 67 vs H's 31
Takedowns: V's 3 vs H's 0

Apparently, Volkanovski outlanded Holloway everywhere except for body strikes. Perhaps this swayed the judge's decision to give it to Volkanovski because of how close of a fight it was.

I gave round 1 and 2 to Holloway, and rounds 3 and 4 could have been anybody's, and round 5 was Volkanovski. Again, I could see a strong argument being made about Holloway winning, but since it was such a close fight, it's very possible the stats on paper gave the fight to Volkanovski, which I would also understand.

I would say Holloway had a higher damage output (to the point of knocking Volkanovski down twice), but that doesn't get taken into account on paper, unfortunately (though the knockdowns, which are a result of the damage output, are something that I believe at least gets perceived by the judges).

To put it in layman terms, fighter John could land 1000 million strikes that are as soft as pillows and fighter Carlos could land 10 that make John bleed profusely, but fighter John will still win because the stats favor him on paper regardless of the true damage output. That's not to say Volkanovski had pillow hands, but I believe an exaggerated example is necessary to emphasize the point.
Pretty solid comment....for a white belt <Lmaoo> Jp my dude lol

i'm guessing this isn't what he meant when he said he wanted to shut up the haters and make a statement about how he deserves to be champ.
Nope, pretty much the opposite actually. But in his defense, he was fighting arguably the greatest FW of all time.

Max Holloway has never been knocked out, and has only been stopped once.

People criticising Volkanovski seem to be forgetting how insane his level of opposition has been.

Mendes TKO
Aldo 30-27
Holloway 49-46
Holloway 48-47

He is beating legends, and getting disrespected by keyboard warriors for it.

This was stated.

If you think Volk won then that's fine. We just disagree. But saying these weren't knockdowns is silly and inaccurate.
They were knockdowns, just not very convincing ones. Volkanovski was down for literally split seconds both times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back