Media Max landed less on Volk this fight, than in the first fight.

According to the current scoring criteria, I had Volk winning 48-47. Edged the third with the slightly harder/more effective shots, and there wasn't enough of a volume difference to give it to Max.

However, I also think that the scoring criteria should change a lot.

10-10
Should be given if you think it is too close to call. A "coin flip" round. If you think it was equal, you should score it as such.
10-9
Marginal victory, close round but you believe there was a winner.
10-8
Clear victory, but not dominant. Maybe 1 or 2 significant moments stunning them.
10-7
Dominant victory - Damage caused, other guy is backpedalling or purely defensive, unable to mount any offense.
10-6
Opponent just barely survives throughout the whole round. To the point the referee could have almost stopped the fight on multiple occasions.

There just needs to be more scoring similar to this, otherwise it almost always turns into most rounds being scored 10-9s

I feel like you're slow lol
lmao if you already feel like the judges know what they're doing, then there's no way anyone can explain to you why fightmetrics have always been bullshit.

edit: you should read the unified rules sometime and tell me where it instructs the judges to count anything.

Nope, pretty much the opposite actually. But in his defense, he was fighting arguably the greatest FW of all time.

Max Holloway has never been knocked out, and has only been stopped once.

People criticising Volkanovski seem to be forgetting how insane his level of opposition has been.

Mendes TKO
Aldo 30-27
Holloway 49-46
Holloway 48-47

He is beating legends, and getting disrespected by keyboard warriors for it.
...who wants to see legends pushed aside for a crummy point fighter?

lmao if you already feel like the judges know what they're doing, then there's no way anyone can explain to you why fightmetrics have always been bullshit.
The stats I linked aren't coming from the judges and aren't even those Un-official numbers they show during the broadcast for some reason. The stats I linked are official UFC stats and go towards UFC statistical rankings. You're slow. And that's ok.

as one should because there were none. I'm kinda getting peeved that people who are into this sport enough, to the point that they would go through the registration process to be a member of a board of discussion don't know the difference between getting staggered and getting dropped.

Yeah, I don't think they're knock downs either. Both times Volk drops to one knee because he's off balance and then gets back on his foot.

I'm kind of surprised a bunch of pro MMA fighters think they're knock downs. Maybe in boxing they are but not in MMA, in my opinion.

edit: you should read the unified rules sometime and tell me where it instructs the judges to count anything.
My whole point about strike totals, is that it shows who's ACTUALLY landing, not just who you think is landing watching something live and most likely with some sort of bias. Volk was out landing him to my naked eye and the stats confirmed that

He creamed himself in the 5th when Jorge disengaged against Usman and threw some labored strikes. He's clearly biased towards a certain type of striker.
Are you saying Bisping - a career volume kickboxer - is bias towards other volume kickboxers?

Nah.

Do you understand how damage works? Max knocked him down clean twice and landed other powerful shots that dazed him like the head kicks and crosses, and you can top it off with the dozen or so brutal uppercuts. He also landed nice body punches and a few hard spinning back kicks.

Sir, I think youre the one who is clucless.

Do you understand how damage works? Max knocked him down clean twice and landed other powerful shots that dazed him like the head kicks and crosses, and you can top it off with the dozen or so brutal uppercuts. He also landed nice body punches and a few hard spinning back kicks.

Sir, I think youre the one who is clucless.
LOL this pathetic comment. He KD him down twice sure, and didn't ever get close to finishing him haha. I also gave Max the first two rounds so that is irrelevant. After the first two rounds idk what damage you think you saw Max put on Volk considering it was Volk coming forward for majority of those last 3 rounds. You're clueless bud. Get some sleep now little guy

According to the current scoring criteria, I had Volk winning 48-47. Edged the third with the slightly harder/more effective shots, and there wasn't enough of a volume difference to give it to Max.

However, I also think that the scoring criteria should change a lot.

10-10
Should be given if you think it is too close to call. A "coin flip" round. If you think it was equal, you should score it as such.
10-9
Marginal victory, close round but you believe there was a winner.
10-8
Clear victory, but not dominant. Maybe 1 or 2 significant moments stunning them.
10-7
Dominant victory - Damage caused, other guy is backpedalling or purely defensive, unable to mount any offense.
10-6
Opponent just barely survives throughout the whole round. To the point the referee could have almost stopped the fight on multiple occasions.

There just needs to be more scoring similar to this, otherwise it almost always turns into most rounds being scored 10-9s
I think 10-10 need to be used more. People seem to hate draws but if a rounds that close it shouldn't be "let's give it to the champ cause he's the champ".

Should ufc count knock downs as 10-8s?

all those stat systems are retarded.
They are retarded when the fighter you wanted to win lose on them.
Like it or not, Volk won a fair decision.
Rewatch it bud.
Its a bit sad your this upset about it.

They are retarded when the fighter you wanted to win lose on them.
Like it or not, Volk won a fair decision.
Rewatch it bud.
Its a bit sad your this upset about it.
I have never once in my life used those fight metrics to prove my point about any fight. I don't care what side they're on. The people doing that crap are in no way more reliable than the judges themselves. They're doing a job that already makes no logisitical sense, and doing it badly, even by their own standards.

He never fell on his ass. He dropped to a knee both times and popped right back on his foot. It was more to do with being off balance than being rocked.

Lmao @1:35 you can literally hear bisping say "OH LOOK HE'S DOWN AGAIN" after not even being downed once. Which is why you get so many people who think he downed him multiple times when it didn't happen once. this is how biased commentaries (or maybe just inaccurate commentaries) influence the thoughts of those watching the fights.

I don't care what side they're on. The people doing that crap are in no way more reliable than the judges themselves.
you have to accept that your opinion is no more credible then that of an MMA judge. only then can you move on.

And if you think that the stat keepers are incompetent and the judges are incompetent I can just as easily claim that you're incompetent because I didn't score the fight the same as you. See how silly that sounds?

Last edited:
He never fell on his ass. He dropped to a knee both times and popped right back on his foot. It was more to do with being off balance than being rocked.

Lmao @1:35 you can literally hear bisping say "OH LOOK HE'S DOWN AGAIN" after not even being downed once. Which is why you get so many people who think he downed him multiple times when it didn't happen once. this is how biased commentaries (or maybe just inaccurate commentaries) influence the thoughts of those watching the fights.
Man, you people are out of your fucking mind calling a massive head kick with knockdown the same as a man's foot touching your leg. Holy shit does MMA need an update.

Back