Media Max landed less on Volk this fight, than in the first fight.

In the Media 9 had it 48-47 Volk, 18 had it 48-47 Max. So it was a close fight, not a robbery but I would guess the consensus winner didnt win that is all but when you are taking a random sample of 3 out of the population your are playing Russian roulette each time out.
I would like to know how many of those 27 media members listened to the commentary. I know the judges probably cant.

I thought Max won the first 3, Volk the last 2. Round 3 was close though, you can't be giving away close rounds in a title fight if you're a challenger.

I just rewatched the last three rounds, and they were all super close, but also all Volkanovski's rounds.

Bisping,and to a lesser extent Anik, were absolutely shameless in their pushing Holloway. He was literally cheering Max on.

I normally like Bisping, but his performance in this fight was ridiculous. Constantly talking up Holloway, overreacting whenever he landed anything, and ignoring most of Volkanovski's offense.

Extremely close, competitive fight, but Volkanovski was relentless, and came back to win that fight.

Mike Bisping should be ashamed of himself.
He creamed himself in the 5th when Jorge disengaged against Usman and threw some labored strikes. He's clearly biased towards a certain type of striker.

The strikes in the first fight weren't effective.

The ones in the rematch were.... including 2 knockdowns.
He was definitely much more effective in the rematch. The first fight was not close. The second fight was extremely close.

I would like to know how many of those 27 media members listened to the commentary. I know the judges probably cant.
Exactly. Commentary played a huge part in how a close round was perceived.

The exact same thing happened in Round 2 of Reyes-Oezdemir.

I honestly think he was drunk or on drugs.
Dude was definitely excitable last night. People get on Rogan for claiming everyone's rocked and screaming, but Bisping does the same exact thing with an accent to top it off.

Not that partial towards Felder, but at least he seems to keep his cool unless something actually significant happens.

Exactly. Commentary played a huge part in how a close round was perceived.

The exact same thing happened in Round 2 of Reyes-Oezdemir.
Crowd noise plays into judging in real life too, so what? It’s part of the sport

Holloway has always had one of the dumber fan bases. They think Max beat Dustin, Volk the first fight, AND Volk the 2nd fight. They're so delusional.

I loved seeing him get beat up for 3 rounds straight vs Volk after talking all that shit about how he was robbed the first fight in all the promos.

Maybe he'll lose the rubber match and he'll claim he won all 3 fights?

Dana sounds like he would be up to see it again. <45>

That was bad scoring and anyone with real fight knowledge knows max won. I dont even like max, but he looked better than he ever has period, and he wont that fight pretty clearly.

I honestly think Volk is a cool guy and I liked his fight with Mendes a lot. But I hope he doesn't become a point striker in the future. The dude can really bang it out but he seemed to be ok with tapping Max's legs to get good boy points on the cards alongside borderline meaningless takedowns. Aldo and Max were 2 very exciting champions and while Aldo didn't always get a finish he usually had very wild and technical exchanges with guys.

That was bad scoring and anyone with real fight knowledge knows max won. I dont even like max, but he looked better than he ever has period, and he wont that fight pretty clearly.
yeah it's a shame to see a fighter show up like that and have all their hard work spit on in favor of this lousy point fighter. it's almost like they're trying to make mma suck on purpose.

If you fall on your ass or knees from a shot its a knockdown.
Yeah, but that didn't happen, exactly.

The headkick at the end of the first wobbled Volkanovski and he went down one knee and popped back up.

The uppercut at the end of the second wobbled him again and he went down on one knee and one hand, then popped back up.

Definitely debatable if they were really "knockdowns".

Dude was definitely excitable last night. People get on Rogan for claiming everyone's rocked and screaming, but Bisping does the same exact thing with an accent to top it off.

Not that partial towards Felder, but at least he seems to keep his cool unless something actually significant happens.
Maaaaaaaaaaan!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back