• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Max is the new Rich Franklin

The fact that Max has reigned elite over multiple generations is something even most champions cannot say. Beating the Cub Swanson, Pettis, Aldo, Edgar, Llamas era was amazing, then he faired quite well vs Ortega, Volk in their 1st and 2nd fights while he lost were quite competitive, Korean Zombie and he even when on to beat a next generation in guys like Kattar, Allen and Yair. Even the Poirier fight, he lost, maybe bit off a little too much but it was damn competitive.

What's next for Max? I still have no interest in Volk vs Max IV.

The fact that Max has reigned elite over multiple generations is something even most champions cannot say. Beating the Cub Swanson, Pettis, Aldo, Edgar, Llamas era was amazing, then he faired quite well vs Ortega, Volk in their 1st and 2nd fights while he lost were quite competitive, Korean Zombie and he even when on to beat a next generation in guys like Kattar, Allen and Yair. Even the Poirier fight, he lost, maybe bit off a little too much but it was damn competitive.

/thread.

This pays the appropriate amount of respect to Max and what he's accomplished. To reference him as the Rich Franklin of today is incredibly short sighted and does him a disservice. Great post.

Rich Franklin hasn't done a fraction of what Holloway has done as a fighter. What an absurd thing to say.

Anderson legit murdered Franklin in a shallow division. You recency bias ignorant fans make me mad.

Holloway Volk 4 is what legends are made of... he can do it 100 percent and the fact that he is so thoroughly counted out even by his apparent fans while still proving he is at the top of the weight class....

Max can win that fight.

Holloway Volk 4 is what legends are made of... he can do it 100 percent and the fact that he is so thoroughly counted out even by his apparent fans while still proving he is at the top of the weight class....

Max can win that fight.

I don't see Max growing as a fighter, I feel like he's plateau'd at best and slowed down while his punch resistance wanes at least a little bit. Max had his first amateur fight at 14 and he's never been much for defense, dudes got a concrete filled coconut on his shoulders. Volk seems to be improving a lot, it's just a weird situation. If Volk stays at 145 I'd like to see them try to position Evloev for the next shot, if he loses then you got Max but Movsar is young, a new kind of test and undefeated...it means something. Max can fight Giga or Evloev or the Gaethje fight, I prefer the Gaethje fight.

Rich Franklin hasn't done a fraction of what Holloway has done as a fighter. What an absurd thing to say.

Anderson legit murdered Franklin in a shallow division. You recency bias ignorant fans make me mad.

Not only Franklin got legit murdered by Anderson twice, unlike Max vs Volk

Max also cleaned out contenders from several generations while Franklin lost to Henderon, Machida or Belfort.

A rising Yushin Okami is Franklin's best win at 185, followed by Tanner, and it came in a very close dec where almost got submited.
Its not comparable with Max's career.

Back