Max Holloway suggests UFC version of NBA's All-Star Weekend for 'International Fight Week'

Holloway a Sherdogger confirmed.

We just did this thread last week. Then Holloway talked about it over the weekend. Then Sherdog writer Todd Martin wrote an article about "Holloway's idea".

I can't find the thread, but maybe somebody else can.

Here's one from 2016 though.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/ufc-all-star-weekend-hypothetical.3170681/

Sherdog Bless

<{silvanormal}>

Edit: Here it is.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/in-light-of-nba-all-star-weekend.4081475/#post-158756009

Here are my suggestions.

-Bench Press

-Brick Breaking/Karate exhibition shit(ie: kicking a pad that gets higher in the air for each attempt. Like a dunk contest. Or really more like the motocross "Step Up" event at the X Games.)

-Openweight BJJ

-Pair Heavyweights and manlets for the game they did on TUF 5 where the one fighter stands up and the other guy swims around from his back to his chest as many times as they can before they drop. Or inside a time limit.

-Manikin destruction. Picture the bud light shoot where Conor, Cain, and Ronda were knocking the heads off manikins. But with multiple manikins spread around the cage like the NBA Skills Comp.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

ComplexComposedDromedary-size_restricted.gif

Free roids for fans! Get your shot of "vitamins" in the ass!

This would be a shit show

Events could be
-Best striking offense - how quickly can you KO Dan Henderson
-Best sub offense - how quickly can you put Bisping to sleep
-Best chin / striking defense - how many clean shots from Rumble could you take
-Best sub defense - how long does it take Big Nog to snap your arm during an arm bar

And probably half the participants would pull out with injuries

You take a LW or WW fighter

You throw the fighter in with like 45 BJ Penns

Over/Under on how many he takes out within a minute

Also, Bigg Riggs's Barbbeqque Challenngge - First to 300 wings

Someone needs to get Max head looked at quick.
He wants to garner interest and get people to watch, then said BJJ matches

<Lmaoo>

Holloway a Sherdogger confirmed.

We just did this thread last week. Then Holloway talked about it over the weekend. Then Sherdog writer Todd Martin wrote an article about "Holloway's idea".

I can't find the thread, but maybe somebody else can.

Here's one from 2016 though.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/ufc-all-star-weekend-hypothetical.3170681/

Sherdog Bless

<{silvanormal}>

Edit: Here it is.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/in-light-of-nba-all-star-weekend.4081475/#post-158756009

Here are my suggestions.
Was about to respond to you with that second link. I read the Todd Martin article earlier today also. Either everyone is having the same idea, or there are idea thieves running amok.

tenor.gif

WMMA could have a twerking competition. After that they could have a bake off.

<Aug3>

I think we should put yokel sherdoggers like you in there with them. Give the crowd some laughs, an idiot gets beat up and the fighter gets exposure. It's a win-win-win for everyone. Unless you beat her ass, then you move onto the Ngannou round.

Bring on turbo and goliath.

All the other american gladiators as well and do a fucking American gladiator competition

I think we should put yokel sherdoggers like you in there with them. Give the crowd some laughs, an idiot gets beat up and the fighter gets exposure. It's a win-win-win for everyone. Unless you beat her ass, then you move onto the Ngannou round.

<mma1>

Artie Lange had a great bit about that. To paraphrase (and adjust for an mma forum):

Spelling Bee. Which would you rather see, fighters hitting the punch machine or Mike Perry trying to spell the word "RECEIPT" ???

I literally lost the spelling bee on this word in grade school.

Team Conor vs team khabib
I'm surprised they didnt do a tuff with those 2 to capitalize on the dollars. They do those stupid contests on tuff. And it was bad enough then. U cant do like major sports and go light with little contact etc in mma. The whole sport is contact.

the knock out is MMA's version of a slam dunk. There can be no such thing as an MMA all-star week. Meet and Greets, open work-outs, audience q&a, and big fights is what they came up with..because that's all you can do with this kind of sport. Max has cte

People forget NBA athletes are millionaires... flying out for All-Star game weekend is nothing for them.

UFC fighters are dirt poor, have to beg Dana for tickets and asked to be flown out to fights. LOL

They ain't spending their hard earned money to do all this extra shit for the fans.

Unless UFC takes care of everyone and everything, it's definitely not going to be the same star studded attraction for fans and fighters, like it is with the NBA All-Star game.

What are the best TUF coach's challenges that would translate well to this?

Back