Max Holloway suggests UFC version of NBA's All-Star Weekend for 'International Fight Week'

-hardest kick
- hardest punch
-combo competition where you throw the coolest combo in 5 seconds

I think it would be a great All-Star event if the UFC just mandated the entire roster to attend a weekend seminar w/ Josh Fabia. Broadcast the whole thing live.

Cool stuff like vitor doing the punch machine vs Chuck

or some of the new talent playing games like ninja warrior shit. That would be fun.

Or just give Diego Sanchez a live mic & unlimited time to give a speech.

Artie Lange had a great bit about that. To paraphrase (and adjust for an mma forum):

Spelling Bee. Which would you rather see, fighters hitting the punch machine or Mike Perry trying to spell the word "RECEIPT" ???

I would pay good money to watch Diego Sanchez and Mike Perry in a one on one spelling contest.
I'm not even joking.

What are the best TUF coach's challenges that would translate well to this?

I said it in the original thread, but to me one of the best ideas for this is actually one of the original coach’s challenges.

I’m pretty sure it was TUF 5, with BJ and Hughes, when they did the competition where one fighter has to stand up and the other fighter has to swim around their body as many times as possible without touching the ground.

And I actually don’t even think it was an official coach’s challenge. Just a bet to settle a dispute or something. Gonna have to go find the episode. Maybe it was BJ and Pulver? Fuck it’s gonna bug me.

I feel like it was BJ tricking Hughes into exhausting his fighters in the game, days before their fights. Some shit like that.

I think we should put yokel sherdoggers like you in there with them. Give the crowd some laughs, an idiot gets beat up and the fighter gets exposure. It's a win-win-win for everyone. Unless you beat her ass, then you move onto the Ngannou round.

I’d gladly fight the Shevchenko sisters!

During International Fight Week back in 2016 they had a lip-sync contest between Stipe Miocic, Uriah Hall, Rashad Evans and Bruce Buffer. I know that doesn't sound like much of a display of physical skills, but it's where Buffer effed up his knee —

I’d also enjoy them just hanging around a fan tournament and judging it

Democrat vs MAGA American Pride vs Daghestan All-star team

Fuck yeah i'm Down.
Hardest Punch, and Hardest Kick Competition. Would be cool if they had a way to measure guys double leg take down shot force. Maybe even a dolly throwing for distance contest.

I think Sherdog is the place UFC should turn to for these ideas.

This is a great thought. The UFC could poll the fans with some options.
Take down tourneys
Best throw
Best combo
Flashiest combos
I dont know exactly, bet some sherbros have some good ideas!

Rumble and Curtis doing sumo got me thinking we should have some fighters pair up for a proper sumo match with a cash prize for the winners.

Back