• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Max Holloway looks weird

Is there any chance he is struggling with the weight cut? I mean someone has to fuck up an event in the last minute

Definitely struggling with the weight cut. I noticed it too, it’s too obvious not to notice, he looks like he’s been given a sedative.

You can't possibly factor in height...cause you have many really tall but skinny dudes...and you have short, really bulky dudes...weight is the only possible variable you can go by.

That's not exactly true.

Heigh and weight can be both used separately.

If you throw away weight classes, and go solely on height, then it becomes super easy... much like weight classes.

The problem is mixing those together. maybe adding like height ranges that would span over 2 weight classes. So if your X tall, you get these Y and Z weight classes classes.

Dunno man... like I said I don't have an answer... but the question is there and it's a problem.

It's not cool to see someone having that much reach advantage. I mean I'm a big Darren Till fan, but that dude it too big for that weight class. Let's be real.

Or Costa fighting Hendricks ? How is that a thing ?

What does Holloway walk around at usually?. He looks quite skinny to me, but maybe he is heavier than he looks.
Max squaring off against Khabib was quiet the sight. He looked huge and didnt make the 155 mark with the doctors approval.

How are these two motherfuckers not LWs...

I'm starting to hate the sport cause of this shit.
You hate the sport because two fw’s are fighting and have made 145 their entire career? Try to just focus on the fights.

That's not exactly true.

Heigh and weight can be both used separately.

If you throw away weight classes, and go solely on height, then it becomes super easy... much like weight classes.

The problem is mixing those together. maybe adding like height ranges that would span over 2 weight classes. So if your X tall, you get these Y and Z weight classes classes.

Dunno man... like I said I don't have an answer... but the question is there and it's a problem.

It's not cool to see someone having that much reach advantage. I mean I'm a big Darren Till fan, but that dude it too big for that weight class. Let's be real.

Or Costa fighting Hendricks ? How is that a thing ?

It's not a problem at all...you want to penalize someone for their natural attributes...height and reach are natural born attributes and you can't penalize someone for them...if you can make the weight, you are that weight...now if you want to get stricter on weight cutting, that's fine...but you can't say, gee, you're 6'3, you need to be fighting at heavyweight....but ummmm, "i'm only a buck 70" obviously that fighter can't...or you going to tell mark hunt, he needs to fight at middleweight cause of his height? Obviously you can't...or tell any tall, but thin guy, he needs to fight at a much heavier weight class, cause he's tall. You obviously can't do that...Weight is the only thing you can go by...and this is what we have gone by for hundreds of years in boxing...for a reason...

Prophetic thread right here. FUCK sometimes I hate this sport, was looking forward to that fight so much

Is there any chance he is struggling with the weight cut? I mean someone has to fuck up an event in the last minute

You fucking put a hex on Max and now look what happened

Damn you called it.. was hoping this thread was gonna be bumped so I can give u props

Sucks... Getting a Max fight is quickly becoming Khabib vs Ferguson. From Pumped to Stunned.

Ortega promoted to champ? He came to do his job

Back