Max BOR

I too am hoping for 300 x 5 with in a coulple months for BOR. I can say for sure, since i've only been doing them consistently for a couple months now, I have had signifignat size and strength gains in my back and in my traps. They are the king of back exercises. As much as I love my chins and find them very important in back development, IMO BOR trumps chins.

^
Yeah, I've just started working them back in recently as well, and already I'm seeing positive results. I'm sure part of it has to do with muscle and CNS adaptation in my old routine, but at any rate, it's always nice to see something working...

Use barbells as well. They allow you to handle more weight and IMO are overall better mass and strength builders. Cycle them in with your dbell rows.

I wouldn't say BB Rows are superior to db rows. They are more of a whole back movement, but Db rows have their own benefits. More lat involvement, core rotationary strength/stabilization, and if you use a thick dumbell, they'll give you sexy grip benefits that, in my experience, even seem to have carry over to grippers.

How about instead of choosing one, ya just do both and quit being a bunch of hardgayner ninnies.

CarnalSalvation said:
How about instead of choosing one, ya just do both and quit being a bunch of hardgayner ninnies.
That's what I said Mang, DO BOTH.

I know, I just am fighting against the constant "could/should I do this instead?" when the trainee could just do both.

Because of the reasons listed by NoSkill, the two types of rows aren't redudant.

I have a pretty strong back, I do 315 lbs for 4-5 reps.

Carnal's definitely convinced me of the carryover of BOR to bench and deadlift. I didn't realize nearly how important this lift was before I came to this board.

Back