Media Matt Hughes continues his impressive recovery

Choosing to publish a book where you brag about sexual crimes and animal abuse will have that affect on your public image.
<Y2JSmirk>

I used to use the train tracks in my town to cut from one side of town to the other if on foot because it was WAY more direct, and also quite discreet if one was partaking in mischievous activities like pool hopping.

and that's what he chose to share.

What are his stories that didnt make the book?

There is a link in one of my prior posts to a synopsis of his book.

i bet the father of the 8th grader Matt fooled around with while he was in college was like "oh that's OK, it was a while ago."

(and per the story, that would be his eventual wife and mother of his daughters, so he would definitely have known it was published.)

Also I'm sure his daughter's must love that their dad published stories like that which their friends can have access to and ask them about. That's probably really fun for a kid with a well known parent.

Touchy subject. That's not the angle that is likely to be focused on unless Matt himself chooses to, which doesn't seem likely given his patterns of how he has chosen to represent himself.
Well the biggest issue I see if he were attempting something, and not admitting it is his Christian faith. Where suicide is seen as a sin. Again no idea what actually happened that day. But it was something that always stuck out to me why I can never truly be sure what happened that day

Very funny how everyone feels sorry for Matt hughes

Are you reading this thread? It seems like very few people are actually sorry.

It's threads like these that really showcase just how much of a hateful prick the average Sherdog poster is

It's also worth noting that most people posting on here these days didn't come up watching him. I'm sure that that makes it even easier to throw out random insults on a forum directed at someone who's nothing more than a name on Fight Finder.

In any event, as not just a fighter but as a champion, Matt Hughes is one of the most legendary athletes to ever compete in MMA. As a person, he may not have been an angel, but neither were Ken or Frank Shamrock, neither was Tank Abbott, neither was Rampage, neither was Mayhem. The number of MMA fighters who came from criminal backgrounds and who did borderline (or just cross the line) shit if they did not spend time in jail/prison is very large. Treating Matt Hughes like he's Hermes Franca or Joe Son or War Machine is going overboard IMO. The saying "I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy" is worth keeping in mind. What he's gone through and what he will have to live with for the rest of his life is more than most could even fathom. If you're happy about that and think that it makes you a good person to want someone you don't know to suffer so horribly, then I'd say Matt Hughes is the least of your problems.

I hope he continues to improve.

There was the CHOMO stuff... republicans pretend to care about that a lot
There was 21 year old Matt fingering a 13 year old girl in his own book.

If you can find this in the book, I'd like to know about it, because I don't remember reading that. Giving you the benefit of the doubt, I'm assuming that you're referring to when they were 18 and Mark - not Matt - got drunk and made out with a 14-year-old girl whose brother they were friends with. That's also the girl Matt ended up marrying. Between the two of them, Mark sounds more the CHOMO while Matt likes adults like a normal person. As he explicitly wrote in the book that I'm wondering if you actually read: "She wasn't a little girl anymore---twenty-one years old is a lot different from thirteen or fourteen."

Is it just me or has the overall level of hate and negativity really gone up on Sherdog lately?
It's the same. It just depends on the subject. Matt Hughes brings out real ugliness on here.

Speak for yourself.
I am speaking for myself. I said I am not a good person. But you have never met Matt Hughes and neither have I. Maybe he is a huge piece of poop. Life is funny brother. But you post mean words brother. About someone you have never met.

the fuck does this even mean
it's not a matter of being 'down bad', it's a matter of not being an abject piece of shit bully
It means no one's born an 'abject piece of shit bully', and things change. I hope you'd keep that conviction in person and tell a humbled disabled man what a massive piece of garbage he is in person, because you sound like the bully from where I'm standing.

I admire that he continues to fight. It is inspirational to me. Mock me if you like brother but I find it inspiring. If he did bad things he will pay I imagine. Not my problem

There was 21 year old Matt fingering a 13 year old girl in his own book.
Interesting. I dont remember that part of the book at all. I'm guessing you haven't read it and you're going by something someone said on the forum?

Back