Matt Brown ducked Dong Hyun Kim when offered rematch by UFC for South Korea card

The dude signed up to fight robbie lawler,
knowing he could win. Proceeded to rock
him in the first round & fought a hard 4
more rounds after that. Pretty safe to say
that he isn't scared.

&You're probably scared of spiders or
of waterfalls or females or some dumb shit.

the dong would have grapplefucked him

lawler cant do that

Brown didn't want to get exposed and dominated easily on the mat again.

Smart move. He has nothing to offer Ant Hell Kim if he fought smart and just grappled him.

That's why he's fighting a wrestler with a heavy top game in a 5 round fight.

Once again the Koreans reign supreme, even if it's through their reputation.

ie. Zombie would have beat Aldo if he didn't get injured and become the champ. Then it should've been PotatoBoy Conor vs. The Zombie... brasilians are going down from all the funny JUICE they've been drinking from the PED well and the Koreans will dominate. This may be tough as the ufc seems to be centred around las vegas.

the dong would have grapplefucked him

lawler cant do that

& which hetero man would want that??
Brown signed up for a fight against a
fighter who won't just take him down...
But a fighter who would take him down
In order to capitalize on positions &
attempt subs & actively try and finish him.

I'm sure that kind of scrap gets browns dong hard more
Than the prospects of simply getting laid on & dry
humped by some huge racist korean

If Brown was afraid of getting wrestlefucked, why did he take a fight with a superior wrestler to Kim?

DHK is ranked higher than Gastelum and a tougher fight IMO. just based on styles, Gastelum loves to bang. Kim either goes full wrestlefucker mode or is just a reckless SOB spamming KO shots all over the place.

serious question for those who like to use the term "duck":

does "duck" and "chose not to accept a particular fight at a particular time" mean the same thing? sometimes or always?

serious question for those who like to use the term "duck":

does "duck" and "chose not to accept a particular fight at a particular time" mean the same thing? sometimes or always?

i guess some expect the anytime anywhere attitude from all the fighters

But Gastelum can, and he took that fight.

Do you really think DHK is a better wrestler than Gastelum?

maybe hes counting on him not making weight

:p

yeah, matchups arent that different

DHK is a lot better than he gets credit for IMO.
Who the hell would want to fight in Korea under any circumstances? Muchless against DHK?

Kelvin is way dangerous match-up than Kim

Plus, if you're going to lose, better to be to a higher-ranked guy (ignoring Kelvin's "demotion").

DHK is kind of drifting in the division right now, I don't blame Brown for not wanting to fight him. The win wouldn't do anything for him but pride.

Personally, I wouldn't want to travel to Korea to fight. That just doesn't sound fun. Then it's against again who just wants to grind you out, when you're known for being an exciting fighter. I don't blame brown at all.

Can't wait for Jorge to shock some people. He obviously knows his skills match up well with these guys, that's why he called them out. He could possibly stuff Dong all night and go to a decision by out boxing him with his speed.
Yea, he's a better striker and has some excellent TDD, though Cezar Ferreira threw him around (dude was a big MW though). It's an interesting matchup. I do fully believe that Jorge could win, but he has a maddening tendency to fight with almost no urgency when he should be trying to finish. He gave away the Iaquinta fight for that reason.

Horrible match-up for Brown. Kim could land takedowns and dominate, or even land on feet. Kim has shown to have skills everywhere. He has amazing takedowns and takedown defense. He has a suffocating top control with submissions, and has KO power on the feet. Brown would be tentative the whole fight. Kim UD

I really like Masvidal, but I think he is going to get wrecked too.

Horrible match-up for Brown. Kim could land takedowns and dominate, or even land on feet. Kim has shown to have skills everywhere. He has amazing takedowns and takedown defense. He has a suffocating top control with submissions, and has KO power on the feet. Brown would be tentative the whole fight. Kim UD

I really like Masvidal, but I think he is going to get wrecked too.

As a fan, I hope to not eat my words down
the line, but I feel like Brown is one of the
few fighters to potentially retire without
ever getting taken out by standing head
strikes. Ala; Lytle & penn

Back