Matchups where you knew you favorite fighter was screwed

Rampage vs machida but rampage came through and won.

For me it was Werdum vs Miocic, when the match was made I knew Miocic was a NIGHTMARE match up for Werdum.

I knew Werdum improved his striking a lot but Miocic is a far better boxer and way more athletic than Werdum and also I knew Miocic wrestling and fight IQ would have been enough to nullify Werdum's jew jit su.

Werdum was a decent favorite going into the fight and most people were picking him but I knew Miocic was gonna fuck him up pretty bad, I was praying someone pulled out and the fight be cancelled.

View attachment 863024

However I never expected the the fight to go the way it did, that KO shook me to the core.

f22NWm5.gif

"jew jit su"

CorruptCavernousBison-max-1mb.gif

I forgot to add because it's not an MMA fight but Tenshin vs Mayweather. I knew Tenshin was fucked when that boxing match was announced.

Definitely Shogun vs Jones with Shogun coming off knee injury.

Bro.

Not most. Just the loud obnoxious ones.

Nah, just the Conor fans who thought Khabib would beat him. There are loud obnoxious fans for almost any fighter. So that's a lot of non-Conor fans that are loud and obnoxious SDers. Besides loud and obnoxious fans, there are also a lot of loud and obnoxious haters, notably Conor haters.

Cody Tj 1, I knew it was coming, luckily it didn't come as fast i thought

Chuck vs Rampage 2. Then pretty much every Chuck fight after except Wanderlei, because Wandy wasn't shit without the juice and it was a fight Chuck wanted for awhile. Also Forrest vs Shogun 2

I guess the closest I could get would be Chad Mendes vs Cody Mckenzie....i didnt mind McKenzie's style and I liked his guillotine...but he had no business fighting prime Mendes

Franklin in his rematch with Anderson

Holloway-Ortega

Remember, somehow Ortega was a significant favorite according to the odds...

Shogun v Jones still haunts me to this day. It was like being forced to watch a family member get battered and knowing you can do fuck all about it

My favorite fighter by far is Fedor. I'm not sure I've ever favored anybody over him so I wouldn't say I thought he was screwed but the one fight I felt extremely uneasy about was when he was facing Bigfoot. I just knew he was facing another roided monster who was way bigger than him that had a black belt who could potentially cause him trouble if it hit the mat. It was also at a time where it was obvious that Fedor was fading and wasn't fighting like he used to. It turned out that bad feeling I had became a reality.

2005 Sideburn Fedor would have mowed through any version of Bigfoot. I also think he'd sub Cain and JDS.

Last edited:
JJ vs Weili

I wasn't 100% sure but I called the key aspects of that fight to a point where I refused to watch it live knowing what would very likely happen but I was still surprised how right I was.

I was right about the style matchup and likely outcome. The difference in athleticism and the punishment JJ would take if it went to decision and how she wouldn't win it due to excessive visual damage due to mileage and her style. That Weili will likely finish her possibly early if she had her usual poor weightcut (she ended up having her best ever weightcut) because she can't take shots like that from a bodied up female with good punching technique, power of a flyweight and hands made of stone.

Called the judges ahead of time too. I called the fact that Mike Bell and Derek Cleary were predictable in their scoring for visual damage while Eric Colon was a predictable wildcard in his scoring and would likely be the only one to score a decision for JJ. I said Joanna would never win a decision and she didn't.

The only thing I was wrong about was the ref. I'm surprised he didn't deduct JJ points regardless of her headbut being accidental (you have to watch the feet and eyes where she abandons the takedown when she sees how fast Weili reset) or the immediate answer to Weili's punch at the buzzer with her own. I had my reason. Keith Peterson was the same ref that let Rose scrape her fingernail across JJ's left eye in their rematch as he stood on the other side of the cage and refused to pause the action feigning ignorance when prompted by Joanna.

I spent the most time analyzing this fight without any emotion and I was by far the most right about it. I don't think it's a feat I will ever repeat because it's honestly too exhausting.

Back