Matches that made (great elevated a talent)

lakersfan45

That's sardo! No mr, accent on the do!
@Gold
Reaction score
I love matches that put talent on a map/ really elevate a talent from low/ mid card to a star.

my favorite two are the edge and Christian vs the Hardy’s ladder match 1998 and 123 kid vs razor the surprise victory. I think Jericho hhh on raw might fall into this category but it’s arguable.

what are some others?

Jeff Hardy vs Undertaker ladder match for the title.

Randy Orton vs Mick Foley hardcore match for IC title

Hulk Hogan vs Andre the Giant.

Hogan was already popular this match cemented his legacy and it made Wrestlemania the superbowl of wrestling.

Last edited:
I love matches that put talent on a map/ really elevate a talent from low/ mid card to a star.

my favorite two are the edge and Christian vs the Hardy’s ladder match 1998 and 123 kid vs razor the surprise victory. I think Jericho hhh on raw might fall into this category but it’s arguable.

what are some others?
wasn't he still lightning kid for that match with razor?
i thought the 123 kid name came because of the win.

I wouldn't say it was just one match but Rude elevated Warrior working with him

Jericho vs Triple H fake title change on Raw. Even though they reversed the decision the pop Jericho got when the crowd thought he won was insane.

Mankind HIAC with the Undertaker

Cemented Mick's status as a tough motherfucker

Hulk Hogan vs Andre the Giant.

Hogan was already popular this matche cemented his legacy and it made Wrestlemania the superbowl of wrestling.

These are the correct answers. These are the only matches I can think of that can be described as iconic. Crazy thing is I believe Andre was approaching cripple status when they had this match.

elsanto009.jpg

wasn't he still lightning kid for that match with razor?
i thought the 123 kid name came because of the win.

has been so long... wasn't there a short time in there when they called him the million dollar kid, too, because he stole Dibiase's money bag or something?

might've been after both of these, really has nothing to do with this topic, just trying to recall.

Al Perez when he teamed with Wendell Cooley to win the tag titles from Dr. Death and Bob Sweetan (subbing for Dibiase). It really cemented Perez as one of the very top stars in a star studded Mid South

Back