Masvidal would destroy Nate right?

I would take Nate. There are levels of game bread and street fighters. The Diaz bros are the only mma fighters harder than Jorge. I see Jorge breaking when Nate goes Nate on him.

Jorge is a game as fuck but unfortunately his IQ is 60 points higher than Nate, thus he will think to much.

Nate outworks fighters. Masvidal gets outworked.

Not hard to figure out the most likely outcome.

are they making the fight for sure? Masvidal will get better the better of him early on but i wonder if diaz can tire him out and wrist control and end up tiring him out and getting him against the cage. it would be so interesting.

Nate is so much better at controlling distance than Masvidal. Masvidal often handles that through strong counters, but Nate won't get dropped by his power shots.

If Masvidal doesn't address the range issue, he loses.

Nate is so much better at controlling distance than Masvidal. Masvidal often handles that through strong counters, but Nate won't get dropped by his power shots.

If Masvidal doesn't address the range issue, he loses.
What do you base this on? The till fight? Because he made the adjustment in that fight by blasting kicks. Nate has good range but hes not very dangerous there. Masvidal is a much better kicker and might be a better boxer. Nates gonna have to pressure

What do you base this on? The till fight? Because he made the adjustment in that fight by blasting kicks. Nate has good range but hes not very dangerous there. Masvidal is a much better kicker and might be a better boxer. Nates gonna have to pressure
Just an opinion, and it's based on watching both fighters for the last decade.

Masvidal seems to have increased his...let's call it fight urgency. The years where he was willing to sit back and let the fight happen (and lose close fights often through split decision) feel like a long time ago, but really it was only 2 years (and 3 fights) ago.

Whereas Nate has been winning fights using his one-two, range, and even in this last fight front kicks to stay out of boxing range, or (also especially in this last fight) get inside and make it dirty.

So ya I could definitely be wrong. But IMO, Nate wins via range :)

I think Masvidal would be too much for Nate.

Great chin, great cardio, great focus- wont get punked.

Also more power and speed in his strikes, better wrestling and very good def BJJ.

I think Nate wouldnt be able to do much tbh
Better go deeper in your analysis then my man

I think people seem to forget that Masvidal has only had a two win streak recently and it wasn't that long ago he was pretty inconsistent.

There's no doubt Masvidal has been making waves and causing headlines in his last two fights phenomenally well but I can't see him continuing to do this the way people think he will, I think all the hype has drowned everything out.

That said I think it would be a phenomenal fight and Masvidal will cause Nate some problems though I don't think it's a given to Masvidal, I think Nate could finish him.

Nate also has just come back and is finding his feet again so don't expect him to be any less than he was with Pettis recently, if anything he'll get better as that was just a warm up.

I guess it's a fight we'll just have to see.

Everyone “seems” better then Nate. I’m done doubting him.

Just an opinion, and it's based on watching both fighters for the last decade.

Masvidal seems to have increased his...let's call it fight urgency. The years where he was willing to sit back and let the fight happen (and lose close fights often through split decision) feel like a long time ago, but really it was only 2 years (and 3 fights) ago.

Whereas Nate has been winning fights using his one-two, range, and even in this last fight front kicks to stay out of boxing range, or (also especially in this last fight) get inside and make it dirty.

So ya I could definitely be wrong. But IMO, Nate wins via range :)
I dont see nate having much success at range. Masvidal has more tools and physical advantages. Nates gonna have to use a similar gameplan to the pettis fight but masvidal has way better counters than pettis. So i see him having to respect jorges range but probably losing a decision.

I dont see nate having much success at range. Masvidal has more tools and physical advantages. Nates gonna have to use a similar gameplan to the pettis fight but masvidal has way better counters than pettis. So i see him having to respect jorges range but probably losing a decision.
So we agree that if they live in Masvidal's range, Nate loses.

Nate's range is longer though. I'm just adding an extra layer to your analysis :) that if Nate stays further away from Masvidal's range, he more likely wins.

I've been wrong before. Cheers.

Love both fighters but I think Mas edges past Nate via fight IQ. Immediate Mas is 100% gamebred.

It's weird with the Diaz brothers. So often have I thought to myself "Diaz is a far inferior striker here" but they so often manage to outbox supposedly superior strikers.

As ever, I expect Masvidal to have more success in the striking, but if Nate takes control of the striking exchanges it wouldn't be the first time he's proven me wrong.

Or maybe you dunno shit about striking.

Masvidal wins simply because he's a better version of Diaz.
Masvidal could kill both Diaz brothers.

I like these two but I think masvidal will win via decision. I just think he's better all-around stand up-wise. It might end up like the RDA fight for nate. maybe. lol.

It'd be interesting to say the least. I'd give masi the clear edge but anything is possible in a 5 rounder.

Back