Masvidal would destroy Nate right?

Nate has only lost to power wrestlers and Conor, who he also beat.

Mas certainly hits harder than Conor but will that be enough to get Nate out before Nate starts to swarm all over him?

Can't see how Masvidal wins this without pulling off an early KO.

He would box Nate up. I don't even want to see the fight. I would love to see Nate fight Tony as that is a great matchup for him. Masvidal is far too clean of a striker and would likely piece Nate up.

I think it would have been competitive a couple of years ago but Nate's striking looked garbage against Pettis.

Nate Diaz is a dog. I love his do or die style. It's gonna take some hell'va effort putting that man away

Masvidal's last two fights haven't made me forget that he has spent most of his career being an under-performing decision fighter who doesn't pull the trigger when he should. I think an in-shape Nate wins a pretty comfortable decision or gets a late stoppage. Current Nate, though, I have no idea. Pettis was hurting him with every punch in the first round and his boxing looking awful until he warmed up later in the fight. I'd definitely pick Nate if it's a five rounder, though.

Nate has only lost to power wrestlers and Conor, who he also beat.

Mas certainly hits harder than Conor but will that be enough to get Nate out before Nate starts to swarm all over him?

Can't see how Masvidal wins this without pulling off an early KO.
Masvidal doesn't just use his hands, he has underrated elbows, knees (well, maybe not anymore lol) and clinch work in general.

Jorge_Masvidal_vs._Yves_Edwards_medium.gif

i14896_n4a_medium.gif

Both are two of my favorite fighters who I've been following since they were prospects - been a fan of Masvidal since he knocked out Yves in bodog and been a fan of Nate since tuf 4.

Masvidal just has this fight at this point in his career. He's in his prime and peaking and he's also a more natural WW. it's a really stylistic bad matchup since Nate will have the size disadvantage, Masvidal is one of the few guys in the game who might have better boxing than Nate (I think he does), and his footwork is really good and won't be easy to walk down and box into the cage. He's definitely the better wrestler than Nate, offensively and defensively. but even if he gets him there he's got some of the best defensive jiu jitsu at welterweight. If Maia can't choke out Jorge with his back taken and full hooks in, good fucking luck. Nate still has the advantage in the clinch, his cardio, chin, and fight iq, but I don't see those being the deciding factors in this fight since Nate is more of a volume guy and jorge's cardio has never been an issue, and his fight IQ has looked very on point in the last year. If this fight was happening at lightweight in 2013-2015, I'd favor Nate, since jorge would always coast in later rounds and Nate comes on hard, but I think he has just too many things against him at this point of the careers imo.

Would love to see him prove me wrong and if it happens I just hope it's a war.

Gangster vs gangster. Great boxing, more power, better speed, better defense. Do you think Nate would win if they ever fight?
Nate generally only loses to elite grapplers. Nate is a lw. Mas a ww. Interesting. Would pay to watch. I pick mas by dec.

Masvidal is faster, hits harder, and is a more technical striker. So the question becomes whether Nate's pressure and cardio would be enough to overcome those disadvantages. I think it would be a great fight, but my money would be on Masvidal, especially if it's a 3 round fight; my assumption is that it would be a co-main for a ppv (i.e., 3 rounds).

Never count out Nate. His pressure and volume striking is scary. Wouldn’t be surprised if Masvidal looked good early then started to fall behind. Nate’s pace is ferocious.

Bullshit. Rory ragdolled Nate bad. So did benson

Umm lasting 3 rounds means you were atleast competitive to not get ko or tko the whole match...

Destroy is like what Connor did to Aldo or nagganou did to overeem. Stop talking like a teenager when describing words .

Lol, you have to be a complete noob to think Jorge would destroy Nate.
Both are coo as fuck but when it comes to technical striking and ground game…
FFS Nates grappling has improved 10 fold since his previous fight.

It's weird with the Diaz brothers. So often have I thought to myself "Diaz is a far inferior striker here" but they so often manage to outbox supposedly superior strikers.

As ever, I expect Masvidal to have more success in the striking, but if Nate takes control of the striking exchanges it wouldn't be the first time he's proven me wrong.

The Diaz brother's are soo durable, like baby Nogs LOL
You have to put them away, which is hard as hell and then they have the Cardio of African wild dogs and love turning it up on a gassed opponent.
They have underrated boxing which has proven to be very effective and start picking people off. Their ground game and transitions are top notch.
You have to put together are perfect game plan to beat them as they are always in the fight.

Nate has better activity, better cardio, and better on the ground. Jorge is a better technical striker and has more power. I'd slightly favor Nate.

The Diaz cardio is a bit overstated. Nate has gassed in both his last two fights.

Diaz rarely "destroys" his opponents.

Mas is more capable of destroying Nate than Nate is destroying Mas.

Last edited:
Back