News Masvidal Wants Leon Edwards Fight for Early 2022 (Update Leon Responds and Declines)

I know he's waiting for Nick Diaz still. If Colby becomes champion we already know what comes next. I guess if neither of these fights work out Leon is do or die for him and then he can go fight Jake paul

Nice story - good fight
Edwards dominated Diaz, till he nearly got knocked out by pillow fisted Nate.
Masvidal destroyed Nate
Edwards schooled Muhammad, till he poked him to a no contest.

Leon should make him beg for it at this point. Masvidal's 20 minutes are over.

It's Masvidal walking himself out the door

Once Leon strategically wins that fight.... Mas will have completely exhausted his 2 minutes of fame

I think Edwards is slightly better everywhere + being the overall bigger fighter, however Masvidal's intensity could get him a finish early. Feel bad for Edwards though, he deserves the title shot most out of everyone and is constantly getting shafted lmao.

We say shafted. But really. His two biggest name wins are RDQ and Cerrone. Both are better as LWs and moved up for opportunity more so than suitability.

Luque win was a long time ago and might be hard to resell to him or fans....

He needs a top 5 WW. Or at least one associated with the top tier

Masvidal might be that guy. He is 6. But I think he should fight Burns. That would make sense for both of them I think.

Unpopular opinion, but I think Masvidal would Knock him out, imo he's the better striker and Leon has a questionable chin (both Diaz and Barbenra had him on wobbly legs bad). And if Masvidal can survive the grappling of Usman and Maia, then Leon's grappling shouldn't be too bad.
This is assuming that age has not caught up with Masvidal, which could very well be the case. I think he is nearing 40, he's at least in his mid-upper thirties

Masvidal, as much as I've liked him throughout his career, is more of a stepping stone now.

Great fight and tough fight for leon. Masvidal is a tough fight for anyone not named usman.

Edwards should have been fought for the title by now. Fuck these rematches and undeserved shots for being entertaining. Usman should be fighting Edwards or Luque, Mas should fight Colby or WB.
You know fights we haven't seen before.

Leon declines and thinks he’s getting the next title shot.

Back