News Masvidal Wants Leon Edwards Fight for Early 2022 (Update Leon Responds and Declines)

Leon declines and thinks he’s getting the next title shot.

It's funny given how he should have a DQ loss 2 fight ago and he was almost finished by an unranked LW in his last fight. Leon's streak is gone, he's on a 1 fight win streak, and he was almost finished in that one fight.

Leon needs to stfu and be happy to have a 2nd chance to put his name out there by taking out one of the most popular fighters in the UFC. He blew his chance to do that w Nate and needs to look at this as a do over.

He better be careful and stop being cute. If Luke starches Nate, the UFC will forget all about him and give Luke the shot. His style is much more fan friendly, he's an absolute stud and a savage, and he used to train w Usman so there's an angle there to sell the fight.

Why the hell would he fight Leon if he was granted two title fights? No sane fighter would turn down a title shot unless the alternative is Conor McGregor.

It's funny: now that the roles are reversed, some of the dummies who whined about Masvidal 'ducking' are suddenly being very understanding of Edwards' refusal to take the fight. Oh suredawg...

Jorge can fight Nick Diaz vs Lawler winner.

LOL what? I suppose that, based on that logic, Colbie should have fought Diego Sanchez or BJ Penn after getting wrecked by Usman.

Why would he want Leon when he’s getting huge money fights, and two title shots?

Because Leon is next in line for a title shot. Mas had 2 shots and his money fight against Nate. Another Nate fight probably isn't going to happen so his only real option is go after Usman again for the belt, but they aren't going to give him that after the 2 losses to Usman already. If he takes out Leon, who is next in line, he'll basically steal his spot.

Edwards should have been fought for the title by now. Fuck these rematches and undeserved shots for being entertaining. Usman should be fighting Edwards or Luque, Mas should fight Colby or WB.
You know fights we haven't seen before.
Usman has a win over Leon already. I'm 10x more excited to see Colby vs Usman 2.

It's funny: now that the roles are reversed, some of the dummies who whined about Masvidal 'ducking' are suddenly being very understanding of Edwards' refusal to take the fight. Oh suredawg...
Ikr? I'm a Masvidal fan but I can understand Leon's refusal. The only difference is that Masvidal is still a draw and a money fight so there's at least some incentive for Leon to change his mind down the road.

Because Leon is next in line for a title shot. Mas had 2 shots and his money fight against Nate. Another Nate fight probably isn't going to happen so his only real option is go after Usman again for the belt, but they aren't going to give him that after the 2 losses to Usman already. If he takes out Leon, who is next in line, he'll basically steal his spot.
I understand why he wants to fight Leon now, I was talking about before Mas got the title shots and BMF belt

This fight should have happened a long time ago after their back stage alteration. Better late than never, but the timing is weird with Leon on a huge unbeaten streak and Jorge losing back to back while getting flatlined in his last match
Agree, they never used to match losers with winners

And why would Leon want Masvidal when he can just sit out for a titleshot?

Shit goes both ways
If 2 years from now we are looking back and Leon got 2 title shots and a big money fight with someone like Nate then I’ll be the first to say he was smart to skip over Jorge

He really should get the next one I think. Theres not much else for Usman anyways
Luque is a better option imo.

He's on a bigger win streak than Leon and was impressive in all his wins. He's also someone who has never fought Usman before

Agree, they never used to match losers with winners

I liked it better that way. I get that that UFC doesn’t want to kill off viable contenders, but feels like a long time since we’ve seen a real number one contender match with two guys on streaks

hey meng, ain't u the dude got rocked by nate? i ain't gonna speak your name cause i ain't gonna make u famous all i know is my skillset and your skillset.. there's no comparison man i'm gonna inflict pure violins upon this individual
szUcdGX.png
Is that Hispanic Santa?

LMAOOOO if Leon thinks hes getting the next shot after how that Nate fight ended. Not to mention the eyepoke against Belal.

Him pretending he doesnt want this fight is hilarious. Jorge is a superstar now itd be great for him otherwise hes gonna have to fight Luque or Burns at least

I don’t mind Leon, but he’s a hard sell to the average fan. He lacks charisma and marketability. His style is also very technical and decision oriented. Even when he dominated Nate for 24 minutes, all anyone talked about was Nate rocking him. From a business standpoint I can see why the UFC gave Colby and Jorge title shots over him.

You mean like current WW Champion Kamaru Usman who Tyron Woodley graciously fought knowing the deck was stacked against him?

Covington/Usman is already booked but Leon should be next no matter what. Leon has done everything that was asked of him, it is time for him to get his title shot.

The half of Sherdog crying over Francis Ngannous contentious relationship with the UFC, as if Francis is being wronged should refocus that energy into advocating for a guy who is legitimately being screwed out of opportunities he earned.

Back