News Masvidal Wants Leon Edwards Fight for Early 2022 (Update Leon Responds and Declines)

He's done this. It's failed miserably. Love Leon, he needs to stay active. No more sitting out and waiting.

If he beats Masvidal, he gets the next shot.
yea I am more in favor of him fighting Masvidal than sitting sidelines

So we agree, Masvidal said no.
Yes we agree the guy who had the most viral KO of all time and was at the peak of his popularity after fighting for 15 years. Decided to choose a multi million dollar pay day with Nate Diaz to headline MSG over a fight with a nobody in Leon Edwards.

Seems like common sense.

Yes we agree the guy who had the most viral KO of all time and was at the peak of his popularity after fighting for 15 years. Decided to choose a multi million dollar pay day with Nate Diaz to headline MSG over a fight with a nobody in Leon Edwards.

Seems like common sense.
So I reiterate, after all that's been lost since losing twice to Usman and claiming he is broke, NOW he wants to fight Leon... Please lol.

I'm not saying whether Leon was more popular not. He was ready to fight back in 2019 and Masvidal said no.
Not just popularity but he wasn't ranked as highly. From a logic standpoint what fighter would purposely choose the lower ranked guy over a top ranked one unless the lower ranked guy is a money fight?

Leon is the epitome of serviceable.

He's quite adept across the board, but not extraordinary anywhere.

He finds so many ways to look vulnerable in winning efforts, and I think Jorge exposes that flaw sooner or later.

I don't think Usman is ever going to fight him again to be honest. Leon might get the title shot after usman retires
Why wouldn't Usman fight him again? He's not a better fighter than Colby, Burns, or Masvidal.

Good. I can't wait to see him get pummeled

Not just popularity but he wasn't ranked as highly. From a logic standpoint what fighter would purposely choose the lower ranked guy over a top ranked one unless the lower ranked guy is a money fight?
That video went viral almost immediately, he would've had room to negotiate his pay. Now, him taking the Askren fight is all good but don't be pissing and moaning about Leon when he's wanting Usman and Jorge is 0-2 in his recent outings.

1. Masvidal is meeting with UFC brass this
    week in Las Vegas, I’m told. It says here they’ll try to make the much-ballyhooed Leon Edwards vs. Masvidal fight in early 2022. I don’t hate the fight, but I hate that it might happen two or so months after the welterweight title fight in November. That fight should have happened around the same time as Usman vs. Covington 2

Via Helwani

https://arielhelwani.substack.com/p/whos-going-to-take-that-next-step

what happened to fighting in decemeber. jorge just making noise. if he wanted the leon fight it would been signed months ago.

Hell no damn it

I want Nick to beat Robbie and Nick v. Masvidal to be next

Or, if Robbie wins, Nick v. Robbie III and masvidal v. covington for the DJT belt

1*bVYBeILvbt3r6_azzvC_Sw.png

Leon Edwards needs a shot. Masvidal is useless as a contender. He can't get another title shot. If he wants to skip a line. Maybe move to 155 unless he wants to burn out his contract and leave.

Would make for a great 5-round co-main underneath Ngannou/Gane for UFC 270 in January.

No no no no. Masvidal needs to get the Paul fight. I like to make fun of Leon but he doesnt need to take out the guy that lost both title defenses
We all know dana isn't going to let that happen while he's under contract. Media even asked dana about it and he basically just said "Anderson's free" implying for him to take that fight instead. Dana would rather see him fight someone his own size and lose than make a few bucks off him.

Back