News Masvidal Wants Leon Edwards Fight for Early 2022 (Update Leon Responds and Declines)

No no no no. Masvidal needs to get the Paul fight. I like to make fun of Leon but he doesnt need to take out the guy that lost both title defenses

Leon coming for the MGM grand buffet to the face

This fight should have happened a long time ago after their back stage alteration. Better late than never, but the timing is weird with Leon on a huge unbeaten streak and Jorge losing back to back while getting flatlined in his last match

Lol what does poor Leon have to do to get a title shot
Fight more than once in a year. Don’t get me wrong. He deserves it but he should piece up Mas by underwhelming decision and then get his title shot. We all know how this works.

I think Edwards is slightly better everywhere + being the overall bigger fighter, however Masvidal's intensity could get him a finish early. Feel bad for Edwards though, he deserves the title shot most out of everyone and is constantly getting shafted lmao.

Has Mas ever finished anyone early besides Askren?

Why the hell would he fight Leon if he was granted two title fights? No sane fighter would turn down a title shot unless the alternative is Conor McGregor.
This was BEFORE his two title shots when he could've fought Leon.

Askren was a much much bigger fight for Masvidal than Edwards would have been. And it worked out for Jorge, bigly.
I'm not disputing that. Leon was ready to fight him in 2019 and Masvidal chose not to.

This was BEFORE his two title shots when he could've fought Leon.
Askren was ranked #5 at the time. Believe it or not Diaz was actually ranked in the top 10 at the time as well after he beat Pettis. He was ranked #7 or #8 and was a big draw. If Leon was more popular things might've been different for him.

Its one of those fights for Edwards that would rise his profile if he fight and beat Masvidal or he could just wait for a title fight.

I'm not disputing that. Leon was ready to fight him in 2019 and Masvidal chose not to.
Why would he? Nate called him out a month after he KO’d Askren, which was the much more lucrative fight.

Its one of those fights for Edwards that would rise his profile if he fight and beat Masvidal or he could just wait for a title fight.

He's done this. It's failed miserably. Love Leon, he needs to stay active. No more sitting out and waiting.

If he beats Masvidal, he gets the next shot.

Askren was ranked #5 at the time. Believe it or not Diaz was actually ranked in the top 10 at the time as well after he beat Pettis. He was ranked #7 or #8 and was a big draw. If Leon was more popular things might've been different for him.
I'm not saying whether Leon was more popular not. He was ready to fight back in 2019 and Masvidal said no.

Back