• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Media Masvidal - if I'm not worth it, let me go.

You're an incoherent mess. Shape up bud.

Call Dana and tell him to pay up.

he has paid jorge well

was jorge mad his his pay vs ben when he didnt get any ppv points of gate nope. was he mad at his pay vs nate diva nope. now he unhappy cause he knows usman wont sell the same that the nate fight will an with out fans an stadium income he loses more money.

jorge is hoping that nate stops beinga diva than they can rematch with fans later this year instead of getting mauled vs usman.

Dana at the negotiation table trying to lowball the fighters with excuses about how much covid-19 hurt them financially. I can literally see it in front of my inner eye.
Can't be a coincidence that both Masvidal and Jones ask to be released because of financial issues with the UFC.

tenor.gif

LMFAO. man, that guy is nothing but a journeyman who caught a lightning in a bottle. He thinks he's Fedor plus GSP plus Conor.

Jorge is in the same spot McGregor has always been in. He knows he needs certain matchups to keep the charade going. The difference is, the UFC is going to protect Conor because he's the biggest star in the history of the spot by far, and while Jorge has broken out the last couple of years, he's nowhere in that hemisphere. If Jorge can't get the Conor fight or the Nate rematch, then he has to fight Usman or Edwards, and even he knows he's fooked if either of those fights get booked.

Jorge is annoying. Maybe he should go back to doing backyard brawls.

LMFAO. man, that guy is nothing but a journeyman who caught a lightning in a bottle. He thinks he's Fedor plus GSP plus Conor.

To be fair to Jorge, he's graduated from journeyman to legit contender in the last few years. Starching Darren Till, being the first guy to beat Askren, and demolishing the same Nate Diaz who Conor had fits with is no joke. He's clearly peaking right now, the dude looks great. I just don't think it's enough to beat the top of the WW division, guys like Usman, Colby, Edwards, and Burns are better and I think even he knows it.

he has paid jorge well

was jorge mad his his pay vs ben when he didnt get any ppv points of gate nope. was he mad at his pay vs nate diva nope. now he unhappy cause he knows usman wont sell the same that the nate fight will an with out fans an stadium income he loses more money.

jorge is hoping that nate stops beinga diva than they can rematch with fans later this year instead of getting mauled vs usman.

No, it's not enough little guy.

Time to open up the wallet.

Maybe becuase Nate was the draw in your last fight?

One guy is obligated to defend and his name isn't Masvidal. Usman wanted the bigger share of the two in the fight. Why would Jorge agree to it, being that he's the bigger draw of the two? It's the same reason why Ronda made more than Nunes. Imagine if Nunes demanded more than Ronda for the fight, or Khabib demanding being paid more than Conor

all he does is copy Mcgregor, Now Jon Jones.
He has reached his peak apparently and must know for sure he will lose his next fight.
what hes doing is the opposite of betting on himself.
but Dana you created this beast...Now deal with it

dana will say you can fight for the contract you were happy to signed his fighter pay wasnt a problem last year now it is cause he knows future main events wont sell as well.

Nate blessed his bum life and now he can't cash in.
Thats what I said in another thread. He got a 209 panty night and now he wants conor money. He's not a draw off that. His record suggests he's a journeyman and he now acts and talks like he's the "A" side. Crazy

To be fair to Jorge, he's graduated from journeyman to legit contender in the last few years. Starching Darren Till, being the first guy to beat Askren, and demolishing the same Nate Diaz who Conor had fits with is no joke. He's clearly peaking right now, the dude looks great. I just don't think it's enough to beat the top of the WW division, guys like Usman, Colby, Edwards, and Burns are better and I think even he knows it.

Sure beat some elite fighters there.

Conor ruined him by not blessing his bum life. Shouldn't have called him a midget I guess. Definitely shouldn't have worn the house coat.

It's amazing the UFC with a straight face can even offer Masvidal less money for title fight than Diaz.

My guess is the truth is more like Masvidal knows Usman isn't going to draw as well as Diaz and was looking for a pay bump to make up that PPV money. Personally, if the request within reason like a extra 250K guaranteed for the title fight the UFC should step up. Now if he is asking for extra million I can see the UFC saying no.

Once again, fighters that don't like this and truly believe they are being shafted get off your ass and become part of solving this problem by helping form a Fighter's Association.

jorge fighter base pay wont be less. the profits from the usman fight will be a whole not les sthan the nate fight. jorge knows losing vs usman wouldnt be the same as hoping nate diva will come back later this year when fans are allowed backl

a big fight not having any arena income is a big part in profits in any sporting or music concert event.

Well he's right. Why should he make less money fighting for a title than his last fight? Should at least make same amount obviously.

he has the only leverage he ever will. he should be holding out for a big pay day

he got that pay day lastyear. if the usman fight doesnt sell as well as the nate fight how that the ufc fault.

dana will say you can fight for the contract you were happy to signed his fighter pay wasnt a problem last year now it is cause he knows future main events wont sell as well.
That should work for Jorge but what Jones is getting paid isn't what he signed for. He signed for a flat salary + PPV bonus. The PPV model is completely different under ESPN and so that's not the PPV bonus that he agreed to. IMO the UFC is breaching the old contracts by switching up the PPV model because that is not the compensation that fighters agreed to in their old contracts. He should be pissed and his contract should be voided.

Also, under the Ali Act, it's illegal for a promoter to have exclusive contracts with a boxer. No boxer is tied to any specific promoter like UFC fighters are tied to the UFC. If Jones wants to box and the UFC's contract is stopping that then the UFC's contract is regulating boxing and making it an exclusive boxing contract.

I'm not a lawyer. I work in a restaurant. That just seems to make sense to me.

Last edited:
Back