Media Masvidal - if I'm not worth it, let me go.

Do you really believe that or are you just having fun with me?

I'm 209 for life, but Nate and Nick are not the sharpest tools in the drawer.
Its true. Nate hasn't always had the game figured out, that took time. He was on TUF in 2007. He's been at this a long time. He did it the "right" way by winning TUF and then working his way through the LW division to earn a title shot against Henderson which he lost. He wanted to renegotiate his contract going into that fight but the UFC wouldn't work with him.

He took a year off after his loss to RDA and came back and put on a clinic against Michael Johnson and then made the historic Conor callout. This was where he understood the rules of the game. He won that fight against Conor. Supposed to rematch at UFC 200 but Conor wouldn't do media so was pulled from the card. The rematch contract void. Nate negotiated a higher price than what he was going to get for UFC 200 because he obviously had the upper hand. Along with more money, Dana had to take him out for a steak dinner and allow himself to be Stockton slapped. We've all seen the gif. :D

He also fired his management company at time. They sued so he sat out for three years while the case made it way through the courts. Any money he would have made during that time would be subject to the courts ruling. Once that was settled he signed on to fight Poirier but he backed out. So he fought Pettis instead and made another callout.

This resulted in a main event title fight at Madison Square Garden. The UFC literally had a belt made to be presented to the winner by Duane "The Rock Johnson." President Trump was in attendance.

Now, do I think Nate planned all that out? No. But he set it all in motion and cashed in.

Jorge doesn't realize he can't draw like that yet to be demanding that kind of paycheck. To be perfectly honest, Usman might be more known worldwide than Mas.

The BMF fight was huge because of Nate. Go listen to who got the bigger pop in MSG. On the East Coast..

He doesn't get it. He needs to win the belt to get those paydays. It's not happening otherwise.

Big difference here is Ronda was a former champ. What has Mas done? I mean he had a great year. But Ronda was the biggest female star ever in a very young sport. Really to compare the two is ignorant af.

Jorge Masvidal is more popular than Usman, there's no disputing this. The comparison isn't ignorant at all. Usman needs somebody to defend his belt against. Usman wants to make more money off his defense. Usman isn't a draw. Connect the dots.

Ah, the old "he signed the contract" argument. Totally haven't heard that one before. Have you noticed that all top stars renegotiated before a big fight?
Honestly I hope masvidal and everyone else gets to sign new contract and get more money. I’d rather have them have more money than that Dana. I just think I’m current circumstances with pandemic And so much less revenue they just won’t get any more Money. It’s bad time to whine about money

i dont wanna be that guy, but u gotta give sources, cause none of these numbers add up.

950k ppvs is HIGH Jones, better than Anderson, and low Conor numbers. we havent seen estimated ppv numbers since the switch over to espn... btw, 950k is equivalent to 1.9m ppvs in the non-espn era apperently.

also, i know mas SAID he would get ppv points, but hmmm, nothing in the salary report states anything. so, i duno.. ufc fighters say a lot of stuff, they figure if they say it, it will be that way..

anyhow, i understand usman fight wont sell that much, so hes probably asking for more up front. but half a million for a non champ and lets assume ppv points... he should be happy. i think he knows he'll lose is all..

https://www.forbes.com/sites/trentr...dance-for-ufc-event-in-new-york/#205223e33501

Yeah he should be happy for himself for working hard and making what he deseves. He put on KO of the year, fastest KO in UFC history, fighter of the year. He beat #3 Till brutally, #5 Askren brutally and beat the shit out of Nate Diaz for 3 rounds straight.

Why the hell should he fight the champion for less if they can’t match his money for the Diaz fight? Especially if he can rematch Diaz again and sell more than he would vs Usman and make more money?

Its all about the money at the end of the day. In MMA you gotta chase the biggest check every time because every check could be your last.

UFC should be able to match Masvidal to 1.5 mil as long as the fight sells over 500k. Yes, they should double his base pay. He headlined the biggest event of the year last year.

Sorry for the repost from a thread that's already getting buried but it feels necessary.

Every MMA fan, all the time - "Fighter pay is unfair. Ufc should be paying all their guys more. The fighters need to demand more money."

MMA fans when fighters, finally start demanding more money - "You're not worth it, you were never that good. You're just scared, go make 15k somewhere else"

Back