Crime Mass Shootings In The US

If we didnt insist upon making it incredibly easy for people with mental health issues to get firearms, then they wouldnt be able to do mass shooting like this. When you dont want to put restrictions on firearm sales and you dont want to spend money on mental health, you get our current situation.

While I agree with your post and the idea of strict gun laws, the shooter today used an illegally owned weapon. We’re at a point where there are so many guns on the street that fucked up people like this can still easily obtain them via illegal means. The emphasis on mental health is the bigger issue imo.

edit: looks like he might have legally purchased the weapon, Texas gov should def catch some heat for this one.

Last edited:
Actually there have been TONS of studies done in the last 10-20 years in the field of school security through Architecture. I’ve attended those very meetings for our district. It includes input from police officers, architects, teachers, etc to design the safest schools possible. They also study footage from school shootings to look at shooter entry / timing / movement patterns as grisly as that sounds. There’s only so much you can do because you’re trying to balance security with a good learning environment which is VERY hard to do.

Sometimes, it’s as simple as lax entry procedures that allow shooters to get in.

Specifically what part of enhanced security protocol and reinforcing windows and doors inhibits learning? I have to show an ID to get access to my child’s school with an advanced phone call. This seems like a good standard to abide by.

Specifically what part of enhanced security protocol and reinforcing windows and doors inhibits learning? I have to show an ID to get access to my child’s school with an advanced phone call. This seems like a good standard to abide by.

You’re right…..but most schools are designed that way now a days. Like I said, it’s typically human error that comes into play as well timing by the shooter. The Parkland school shooter pulled the fire alarm to get students to come out. Sometimes, you just can’t plan for this stuff.

Also, budget comes into play when reinforcing doors and windows (I’m assuming you mean bullet proof glass?).

Schools are designed now with vestibules to make sure there is a double layered entrance, but even then it’s up to the staff to decide who comes in and out.

Per the OP We have more guns than people in this country. You can’t take away all the guns (without people who also have guns)
There is an in between with respect to "take away all the guns" and "do nothing"...

Right now, America is doing nothing.

You’re right…..but most schools are designed that way now a days. Like I said, it’s typically human error that comes into play as well timing by the shooter. The Parkland school shooter pulled the fire alarm to get students to come out. Sometimes, you just can’t plan for this stuff.

Also, budget comes into play when reinforcing doors and windows (I’m assuming you mean bullet proof glass?).

Schools are designed now with vestibules to make sure there is a double layered entrance, but even then it’s up to the staff to decide who comes in and out.

If we can allocate as much money for foreign defense; We should be able to fund
enhancement of training and security in this country.

It's not a gun issue it's a mental health issue. And yes, it must be addressed but it's a lot easier to just blame the guns as if there are no other methods of mass murder.

Nobody who has committed a mass shooting doesn't have severe mental issues.

The notion of having armed guards around schools does sound unrealistic until you realize that banks have armed guards to protect their money.

I don't know if it's just mental health issues, yes that's a problem for sure. But if you look at other countries and we'll just focus on first world countries. They have serious mental health issues as well, but they don't have this ridiculous amount of gun violence and mass shootings not even close.

No question in my mind, mental illness is one of the main reasons. But there is more to it than that imo.

The solution is for the people of this nation to turn back to God. It's the only solution for us as we watch it all falling apart very quickly. Repent of your sins and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation from sins.

Sure... Look at the Middle East. It's worked well for a few thousand years.

Absolutely horrendous what happened in Texas.

I just read there has so far been 27 school shootings and about 200 mass shootings in the US this year so far.

Thats insane.

Its clear that banning guns is NOT the solution as there are waaaaay too many guns already floating around along with black market stock. Also of course the second amendment.

So does government ramp of funds for security measures in places like schools, malls, places of worship and any public gathering spots?

Do we get used to seeing security force walking around with semi-automatics in places like Elementary schools?

What more can be done about this situation?

we need to collectively embrace growing in spirituality as our purpose and vocation. we need to be growing in spiritual awakenings and in love and prioritize this above class, economic prosperity, social status (this one is very important) and entertainment etc. we need all of out best minds invovled in this pursuit including our best scientists and psychologists... if we took the advice of christianity or most of the world's major religions we would have a populace fully equipped to help everybody evolve to higher and higher levels of emotional maturity and psychological transformation.

we absolutely have everything completely upside down and the pain and suffering in the world is largely due to that.

there are many on the ground practices that need to happen also but im focusing on the central point here.

I don't know if it's just mental health issues, yes that's a problem for sure. But if you look at other countries and we'll just focus on first world countries. They have serious mental health issues as well, but they don't have this ridiculous amount of gun violence and mass shootings not even close.

No question in my mind, mental illness is one of the main reasons. But there is more to it than that imo.
Definitely more to it than that, but I think it's the elephant in the room people don't want to talk about because it's difficult to deal with in a country of 350 million people that basically runs like a corporation more than it does a nation.

It's a gun issue.

Well even if it was just a gun issue, guns are not going anywhere. Even if you restrict firearms legally and make them very difficult to purchase, people will still be able to find them in the black market. Hell, the amount of people who already own guns is quite substantial.

I am in Canada of all places and know a few people who have an artilery of weapons. Enough to cause some mass chaos if need be. Now just imagine places in some states where they have an obscene amount more weapons in greater variety and also options that are not prohibited here.

Over here, one can find a fully automatic weapon if they know where to look. Now imagine the abundance of firepower in the US black market. Guns may very well be a part of a bigger issue but they are not going anywhere. Period.

How do we go on moving forward knowing this is the question?

Definitely more to it than that, but I think it's the elephant in the room people don't want to talk about because it's difficult to deal with in a country of 350 million people that basically runs like a corporation more than it does a nation.

I agree, well said.

If we can allocate as much money for foreign defense; We should be able to fund
enhancement of training and security in this country.

You're talking about domestic defence in the same breath as foreign defence.

You're not in a civil war.

This is not normal.

Back