• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crime Mass Shooting in Texas Church.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's stop with the theorizing until the facts are in, hate people doing that shit.

One thing is clear to me though, America's narcissistic culture is what is creating these dudes. Access to guns doesn't help but what primarily motivates a guy to murder 25 people in cold blood with absolutely no empathy for the victims whatsoever is the kind of poisonous narcissism that our culture breeds, where it's all about me, me, me, what do I want, how do I feel, etc, etc.

You can see it most prominently in the SJW culture where these guys seem completely blind to anyone but their own feelings, where it's all about how they feel and fuck anyone who they inconvenience but it's a culture that permeates our entire society from top to bottom, left to right.

God answers all prayers. It's just that often his answer is, "No".:rolleyes:

What kind of a so called human being are you to attack people right after they were literally massacred moments ago? I guess that question has already bin answered. Congratulations.

I don't really care who did it. I'm just tired of these events being over-reported and causing more copycat crimes. They don't move the needle on the annual murder rate. They're just gross displays of individual potential.

We are at the point where driving a car into a crowd of people or killing everyone at your church is just a guaranteed way to go out famous or push your agenda.

Whether it's a terrorist or a schizo the motive is the same; their ensuing rockstardom & lots of finger-pointing.

I'm sick of hearing speculation about that Vegas guy's secret 007 life knowing a bunch of other schizos will be inspired to commit copycat crimes. He probably spent most of his time doing crosswords on the toilet but the media can't help themselves.

Last edited:
On that, at least, we agree.

There's a place for gallows humour. Making racial slurs before the bodies are even cold is just cheap. It brings nothing to the Thread, which is why I told him to wind his neck in.
He never made a racial slur.

I think you have to look past guns. There seems to be a sickness in this country and its taking many forms.

Maybe, but all those guns make it super easy to do sick shit. I am glad we dont have the same situation here. The chance to get shot here is almost 0

I'm a christian and I agree with you. We humans have free will, even this shooter. If God/Jesus had prevented the shooter from doing it, it would be an intervention against Our free will. It's sad but people (believers and non believers) need to stop thinking God/Jesus is a fireman.
That's not remotely close to what he was saying

So you just want to pray and do nothing else....yup that’ll do it

Not the issue of my post. My post was about you regurgitating nonexistent biblical precepts to forward your whack ass liberal agenda.

sorry but you wrong on this one. You need to read up on the distinctive meaning of the word "terrorist" in this context.
Nah

Politics/religion isn't terrorism then too

Just some dipshit who went mad that day but was fine on all his other days

Maybe this isn't the appropriate thread to discuss atheism vs. theism?
Understood, but I’m not saying I have a problem with religion or recommending one, just that we have to do better in fixing issues not just hope

I had little reaction to Orlando, almost no reaction to Vegas, and I feel nothing for this one, aside from the normal surface feelings of hearing bad news. It's not hitting me hard at all. That's really concerning, when these become so normal. I don't like it- I should be upset. I would guess a lot of people feel like that. I also don't care who did it or why.
Google monkey sphere. It'll give you an interesting answer.

I think you have to look past guns. There seems to be a sickness in this country and its taking many forms.
Honestly, as a non-american, i can see two major issues :

- Multiculturalism (which means everybody hates -or at least despises- each other)
- Lack of care for the people in need (make it raiin bitches) on a systemic level.

If he was Muslim he would be labeled as radicalized, regardless of any information to the contrary.

And Muslim, racist, insane, disgruntled, etc, etc, there isn't a valid argument for disarming law abiding citizens and there isn't a law that can magically recall all the weapons already in circulation.

You could make the argument that it has worked for other countries. Now, personlay I don't think that will work for the US. But the UK and Australia have showed it worked for them.

I mean the main argument would be that with more restrictive gun laws you would probably see less shooting and fewer casualties.
We have the same "mentally ill" people in Germany. And they can still get weapons if they are very determent.

But they can't get them as quickly. You would need some serious criminal contacts to get an automatic rifle (or similar firepower).
You might be able to get a handgun by being in a gun club or a hunter maybe on the dark web. But it would take a long time.
You cant just decide to do a mass shooting get a weapon within a few day and do it. That is just not possible in Europe.

Understood, but I’m not saying I have a problem with religion or recommending one, just that we have to do better in fixing issues not just hope

It's a distasteful thing to do. People died in church, and you took the opportunity to mock their beliefs and to find a connection between said beliefs and their deaths, i.e. prayer didn't help them. Take a step back.

Not the issue of my post. My post was about you regurgitating nonexistent biblical precepts to forward your whack ass liberal agenda.
I’m not a religious scholar, this is accurate. I just want us to work towards a solution and even if my Jesus statement is incorrect (my bad) the idea still stands, don’t just pray for an answer, work towards one

What kind of a so called human being are you to attack people right after they were literally massacred moments ago? I guess that question has already bin answered. Congratulations.

I wasn't attacking them, moron. I was attacking the belief that praying to God would somehow have prevented this, or make it any less tragic.

That's not remotely close to what he was saying
Only in regards of his "don't wait for God/Jesus to do anything" comment. That's what I agree with. God/Jesus is not a fireman, and he doesn't owe us anything.

I don't really care who did it. I'm just tired of these events being over-reported and causing more copycat crimes. They don't move the needle on the annual murder rate. They're just gross displays of individual potential.

We are at the point where driving a car into a crowd of people or killing everyone at your church is just a guaranteed way to go out famous or push your agenda.

Whether it's a terrorist or a schizo the motive is the same; their ensuing rockstardom & lots of finger-pointing.

I'm sick of hearing about that Vegas guy's secret 007 life and watching him be romanticized knowing a bunch of other schizos will be inspired to commit copycat crimes.

You reckon that's over reported? I bet the Kardashians have had more column inches than those atrocities have. I know what you're saying, but there's something fundamentally wrong with that and ignoring it definitely isn't going to help.

DN5YsQwX0AI5WpS.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back