• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crime Mass Shooting in Texas Church.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way too late. There are over 200 million legally held firearms in America. Double that in illegal firearms. The Djinn is out of the bottle. You can't ban firearms.

Then we gotta ban something quick.

You pick:
Whiskey, margaritas, medical marijuana, abortion, GNC stores, or Seinfeld re-runs.
You pick.

For heaven’s sake, just ban guns already.

Anyone caught with anything other than a hunting rifle goes to prison for 50 years, no if’s and’s or but’s.
Buying, selling, carrying, in possession of.

At the time of the 2nd amendment, slavery was also legal.
Enough said.

NRA is a political terrorist organization.

They should put an insane tax on bullets instead, so that they're $100's each. That way you can have 5 bullets to protect your family or whatever your personal machismo fantasy is, but people won't be able to stock pile ammunition (certainly not without raising suspicion anyway).

They should put an insane tax on bullets instead, so that they're $100's each. That way you can have 5 bullets to protect your family or whatever your personal machismo fantasy is, but people won't be able to stock pile ammunition (certainly not without raising suspicion anyway).

Chris Rock agrees

People would just stockpile the brass and load their own.

That still wouldn't prevent this today.

The law should be you get to protect 1 member of your family with unlimited bullets, but only one, and you have to choose in advance, in writing.

edit:
Criminals should have to comply with this as well. They shouldn't be allowed, legally speaking, to attack any member of your family who you aren't legally allowed to protect.

I think we're on to something. I think this just might work.

I don't think you read his actual post. He literally brought climate change into it
Wanting problems solved, IMO and hopefully yours natural disasters induced by climate change isa problem too, we as a whole shouldn’t be so reliant on god/Jesus, didn’t realize what I said was so devisive
But it is I guess by accident

I think Chicago proves this theory wrong on a daily basis.
Gun ownership is protected by the Constitution. Even if that were to be negated, there are too many guns in circulation to prevent criminals from obtaining them regardless of the law.

I don't know we have criminals in Europe too. Also, the US ones are in general more violent or hardened criminals.
But the issue that every small-time drug dealer can afford to buy a gun for a 100$ or so. That's not a reality in Germany.

The circulation argument is also short sided. If the US would have a program like that it would need a few decades.
If people are serious about actually improving the situation you would have to view it like this.
How many crimes get prevented by the population having easy access to firearms. And compare that with the degress of amount of crimes that would get prevented with stricter gun laws.
Now those would obvioulsy b some estimates. But I think for society overall it would be better to restricts guns heavily.

But I also don't really have a problem with the argument that you just simply want to keep your guns because of the 2nd.
Thats fine but in that case you will have to live with the mass shootings and all the other ones. And them most likely increasing.

Anyone caught with anything other than a hunting rifle goes to prison for 50 years, no if’s and’s or but’s.

Enough said.

You support mandatory minimums too?

You reckon that's over reported? I bet the Kardashians have had more column inches than those atrocities have. I know what you're saying, but there's something fundamentally wrong with that and ignoring it definitely isn't going to help.

DN5YsQwX0AI5WpS.jpg

I wish the Kardashians were brushed under the rug too instead of being paraded around for shock value and shaping the behavior of 10 year old girls who associate them with fame.

Despite a far higher % of households containing firearms, school shootings weren't a "thing" until the media legacy of Columbine permanently baked it into teenage culture. Now car vs crowd attacks have "gone viral". It's their duty to report these events but they don't stop at reporting them, they milk it for political gain then for entertainment value ("get inside the head and secret high roller life of the Vegas killer").

I'm mostly just fantasizing. The media isn't going to develop uniform sociological awareness and even if they did it would cut too deep into profits. They deliberately generate copycat crimes because its the meat and potatoes of their industry.

Last edited:
People would just stockpile the brass and load their own.
Drive the price of powder up and people would just learn to mix and refine their own.

Drive the cost of the cartridges and bullets up and people will learn to cast their own.

Get rid of magazines over 10 rds, people will learn to mill their own higher capacity mags. Then you have a ton of illegal firearms and ammunition and a thriving underground community of law breakers who will not stop and you have no way of knowing how much is out there.

They even sell CNC machines now that can mill out most of a complete handgun, it's portable and it's affordable. It'll even do AR's

Press conferance will be starting shortly, according to BBC.

That oughta stop the criminals from buying bullets.

More people should carry. The last church shooter I remember was shot by someone in the church before there were more casualties.

Too late here.

<seedat>

I don't know we have criminals in Europe too. Also, the US ones are in general more violent or hardened criminals.
But the issue that every small-time drug dealer can afford to buy a gun for a 100$ or so. That's not a reality in Germany.

The circulation argument is also short sided. If the US would have a program like that it would need a few decades.
If people are serious about actually improving the situation you would have to view it like this.
How many crimes get prevented by the population having easy access to firearms. And compare that with the degress of amount of crimes that would get prevented with stricter gun laws.
Now those would obvioulsy b some estimates. But I think for society overall it would be better to restricts guns heavily.

But I also don't really have a problem with the argument that you just simply want to keep your guns because of the 2nd.
Thats fine but in that case you will have to live with the mass shootings and all the other ones. And them most likely increasing.

I think looking at guns are the cause of the problem is short sighted. This is a troubled country.
Gun crimes are actually down from '93. Related deaths had declined for ten years and have plateaued. I'd be open to some sort of tweak on current gun laws; if we could duplicate the reduction in gun crimes from '93-'13 I think that would be great, but its not solving the underlining problem.

For the record; I don't even own a gun.

ATF on site. Maybe I was right with the Narco angle.

Enough said.

NRA is all about spreading fear, just as the government does to get new privacy legislation laws throug... all for the “safety”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back