• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crime Mass Shooting in Texas Church.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightTemplar

Green(Goblin)Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sad news:(

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41880511

At least 27 people have died after a gunman opened fire at a church in Texas during Sunday services, police say.

The attack happened at the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs in Wilson County.

Police official Albert Gamez Jr confirmed the number of fatalities to CBS News.

The gunman, who is reported to have been killed in the aftermath, entered the church and opened fire at around 11:30 local time (17:30 GMT).

"The details are kind of sketchy but what I know right now, what they're telling me, like 27 deceased and over 20, 25 injured," Mr Gamez Jr said.

About 50 people usually attend the service, locals said.

Mod Note:
The usual rules about unfolding tragedies apply. Don't blame the victims, and don't engage in tasteless humour.

Terrorism? I mean why else would you shoot up a church?

Whole world is going to shit.

thoughts and.....something.........

Fantastic, more innocent people killed by a nutjob. Mental illness is real.

Sadly, it seems anymore that it can be for no reason other than that it is a conveniently massed group of people, like in Vegas.

Too early to say if it's a Church of Peace. Could be just another asshole who woke up hating the world and decided to take it out on a soft target.

FBI Agents are on the ground already. Would they automatically get involved in a mass shooting if they didn't suspect terrorism? I don't know enough about American LEO procedures to decide if their presence is significant.

You would think if there was anybody out there who has sent out enough thoughts and prayers for peace it would be church goers. Strange...

I searched this church and it looks like a small church. They have a youtube channel.

Awful, reports of 27 dead, 24 injured. Sure isn't a lot of info out on this right now.

You would think if there was anybody out there who has sent out enough thoughts and prayers for peace it would be church goers. Strange...

God answers all prayers. It's just that often his answer is, "No".:rolleyes:

Bets on it being a white guy shooting up a black church? :(

The dead are dead and it sucks, but after what we just went through, I want a motive.

I really hope there are special places in Hell that are somehow even worse than the rest of it that this person is now in for eternity

I searched this church and it looks like a small church. They have a youtube channel.

It's a damn sight smaller now, Rip:(

Whatever the motivation, it's fucking tragic. Glad the shit-bag is dead at least.

This guy is live and covering it. This guy is live nearly every day with breaking news.

It's horrible that I have to ask this, but is it a racially specific church in any way?

If it's ISIS - shit is going to get really ugly and really fast.

A 2 yr old is said to be one of the victims.

Trump will have to abort his Asia trip for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back