Opinion Marvel Studios to possibly change "X-Men" name

...they almost exclusively use Christianity as a sword against others whereas real Christianity uses it against themselves primarily.

A lot of Christians would benefit greatly from reading Tolstoy's The Kingdom of God is Within You. He spends a significant portion of the book talking about Christian non-violence and important Christians who embraced Christian non-violence. From Tolstoy's book:

"Christ's teaching, which came to be known to men, not by means of violence and the sword,... but by means of nonresistance to evil, gentleness, meekness, and peaceableness, can only be diffused through the world by the example of peace, harmony, and love among its followers."

oh cool, maybe thatll make them write a good fucking phenoix movie for once.

Oh no. This is going to upset their incel viewership. Like Disney cares about upsetting them. They aren’t going anywhere. They have an entire younger demographic that will welcome the change and are paying customers.

oh cool, maybe thatll make them write a good fucking phenoix movie for once.

Yep maybe at least disney will actually spend some money on special effects this time and possibly hire some people who can somewhat act. I'd honestly take some cringy woke shit with a decent budget over whatever the hell that last X-Men movie was lol. They basically mutilated the franchise so terribly I have zero interest in them ressurecting it. Fantastic Four'd it they did. I just want to forget it ever existed. Bring on lesbian refugee wolverine or whatever idgaf it couldn't possibly be any worse.

Not sure how I feel about this.

First I think "Men" is referring to "Man" as in humans, and not "Man" as in gender. So I dont think this was made in any sexual intent or should have any current name change in today's context, YET.

This also begs the greater question if we should continue to describe human as "man" anymore in the first place (ie "mankind")

https://boundingintocomics.com/2019...a-alonso-believes-the-name-x-men-is-outdated/

wonder when there will be a push to remove the man from woman.

The interview is over 2 years old and this person has little input on a big decision like this. Clickbait trash thread by a trash poster.

I never even thought it was about males. The biggest story line was about a woman lol. It’s a pretty fkn stupid thing to even point out, honestly.

I never even thought it was about males. The biggest story line was about a woman lol. It’s a pretty fkn stupid thing to even point out, honestly.
She said that 2 years ago which was just her opinion and just got promoted to president so it became a reality

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/marvel-studios-may-drop-the-men-from-x-men/
Marvel Studios May Drop The ‘Men’ From X-Men
David James Sep 21, 2021 8:34 am
It’s going to be a big deal when mutants finally arrive in the MCU.

Many of the most popular comic-book characters in the world are among their numbers, and I’m hyped for MCU takes on Wolverine, Magneto, Storm, and Charles Xavier. But Marvel Studios is in no rush and has many existing characters and storylines to work with before cracking open this franchise. When the superhero team does finally arrive, however, there’s a good chance the X-Men might not be the X-Men.

Marvel Studios’ new President of Physical, Post Production, VFX, and Animation, Victoria Alonso, has hinted that internal thinking is that the name ‘X-Men’ isn’t sufficiently inclusive:

Anyone that is/will be associated with pushing this decision, if it happens, deserves to burn at the stake. Demons, the lot of them.

Lol.. Actual demons don't exist, but evil unhinged psychopathic humans that envoke them so they can murder and torture people they disagree with sure do..

Comic books continuously change and rewrite every aspect of their characters and story. Seems like a silly thing to get upset about if it does actually happen, but you can’t underestimate how thin-skinned some people around here are.

Very telling that you're more focused on criticizing anybody who has a negative reaction to this, rather than analyzing why it would be pointless and stupid. It would also alienate the comic book fanbase, which is not something to brush off.

Comic books continuously change and rewrite every aspect of their characters and story. Seems like a silly thing to get upset about if it does actually happen, but you can’t underestimate how thin-skinned some people around here are.

Yes.

Some people (WAYYY too many here) love to be outraged at things like.....comic books. lol

Back