Opinion Marvel Studios to possibly change "X-Men" name

Its like renaming Waiter/Waitress to Server.

Its not a big deal and its inclusive to all sides, but I think it should go with social context.

We need to change the broader social context, and not a single series.

Fuck it, I was only in it for Wolverine and now he's popped his clogs I doubt I'll ever watch another one anyway.

People really need to get off the interwebs and start interacting face to face more often.

or X/Y people? or the mutants?

i like the mutants. or mutants X

i hear you but i am MUCH more concerned about the growing tendency to ascribe demonic motives to all things that today's fundamentalist Christians dont agree with. dehumanization is becoming very common and that is not far from killing. you call what he said hyperbole but i think it reveals a deep black and white thinking that is pervasive in evangelical and fundamentalist christian circles.

i think they are potentially one of the most dangerous groups in america for 3 reasons. the first is black and white thinking-- things are either good or evil. they dont see any grey area in a world that is filled with grey area. second is an inability to self reflect and find evil within themselves or within their own tribe politically or in terms of religion. they almost exclusively use Christianity as a sword against others whereas real Christianity uses it against themselves primarily. and the third reason is that they take a literalist and very bloody interpretation of the end times and hope for and expect a very bloody battle between themselves, the good ones and all those evil people out there.

these are very real problems and if you understand them you realize these types are a ticking time bomb and even Christians will not be safe from them and the world they envision.

as far as marvel changing the name of x men to something else i could not care less. its a non problem.

Appreciate the response.

Last thing I will say (which was sort of edited into my last post) was that small changes like this are simply a microcosm of the macrocosm. Not to mention, the X Men aren't exactly a small thing, it's quite a recognizable franchise that reaches a lot of children.

So, if you're against the movement as a whole, you should see the ceding of ground in such areas as this, as another loss in the big picture (to these twisted ideologues) - and that's not at all a good thing, nor a non-issue.

When you give up such ground, you allow them to grow.

LOL imagine being an adult and caring about this sort of shit.

I stopped watching when they killed off Shatterstar, the OG LGBTQA character, in about 2 minutes.

Bigots

Last edited:
As long as they don't take a knee in the comics. Keep politics out of comics.

Appreciate the response.

Last thing I will say (which was sort of edited into my last post) was that small changes like this are simply a microcosm of the macrocosm. Not to mention, the X Men aren't exactly a small thing, it's quite a recognizable franchise that reaches a lot of children.

So, if you're against the movement as a whole, you should see the ceding of ground in such areas as this, as another loss in the big picture (to these twisted ideologues) - and that's not at all a good thing, nor a non-issue.

When you give up such ground, you allow them to grow.

Here I see shades of grey though. I don't really see any harm at all in this and I don't see it as part of a larger movement. I can resist things I think are absurd like men competing against women in sports or men going to women's prisons or men using women's bathrooms or being forced to refer to a person with the wrong gender. issues like that I am strongly opposed to and will fight for but this is nothing it's meaningless and it doesn't matter and frankly I think it would be good for a little girl to have a different name in the title and harmless to men.

I think some men could stand to do a little self reflection themselves and admit they are feeling threatened and that it is not society's job to make them feel secure.

Last edited:
Power-Heros.jpg

Back