Opinion Marvel Studios to possibly change "X-Men" name

giphy.gif

They never learn.
Stop letting like 5 people on twitter from overhauling shit.
Back in the day, 99% of the complaints that came in about Married with Children came from one fucking lady.
Did Al Bundy, buckle, fuck no! Al was a real man.

Not sure how I feel about this.

First I think "Men" is referring to "Man" as in humans, and not "Man" as in gender. So I dont think this was made in any sexual intent or should have any current name change in today's context, YET.

This also begs the greater question if we should continue to describe human as "man" anymore in the first place (ie "mankind")

https://boundingintocomics.com/2019...a-alonso-believes-the-name-x-men-is-outdated/

Whats the matter? dont you like the changes?

They never learn.
Back in the day, 99% of the complaints that came in about Married with Children came from one fucking lady.
Have you ever considered the fact that women were scared to complain in fear of retaliation of executives, mostly whom are men?

They never learn.
Sadly this lunacy goes beyond Twitter rage, it's fully ingrained itself into the education system. We have a whole generation growing up with this anti-gender crap.

You're a Christian, correct?

Point being, while I'm not necessarily co-signing his hyperbole, if you're a Christian, you've got to see this gender movement as the work of the unholy, don't you?

as a christian it is hilariousness that anyone could call the team at marvel demons and say that they deserve to burn at the stake. or it would be funny if it were not for the deeply violent and dangerous tendencies of fundamentalist christians who i believe could be brought to carry out such acts in the name of god.

so i would say its a hilarious tragedy and no doubt there is demonic influence involved in this kind of thinking but no fundamentalist christian will ever have the self reflection that we ought to have learned from adam and eve to see it.

this kind of thinking does more harm for the cause of christ on this planet than ALL of the woke bs combined but of course fundamentalists will never see it.

Have you ever considered the fact that women were scared to complain in fear of retaliation of executives, mostly whom are men?

Choose your battles, changing the name of the X-Men, will make you lose the PR war and when the cause is just then people just point to the bullshit X-Men battle.
Equal pay and what not, people under stand that but upset about a name of a super hero team that has been around since the 60's is silly. The name is not racist.
What is next, do we call manhole covers, womenholes covers, Back in my day we called that underwear.

as a christian it is hilariousness that anyone could call the team at marvel demons and say that they deserve to burn at the stake. or it would be funny if it were not for the deeply violent and dangerous tendencies of fundamentalist christians who i believe could be brought to carry out such acts in the name of god.

so i would say its a hilarious tragedy and no doubt there is demonic influence involved in this kind of thinking but no fundamentalist christian will ever have the self reflection that we ought to have learned from adam and eve to see it.

this kind of thinking does more harm for the cause of christ on this planet than ALL of the woke bs combined but of course fundamentalists will never see it.

I can't speak for that poster, but I assumed he was being hyperbolic. I don't think he actually wants to burn people alive over this.

What I was curious about was whether or not you thought that this movement was the work of the unholy. I'm not necessarily religious, but I certainly view this agenda as the work of twisted, "unholy" people.

And, to be clear, I'm talking about the movement as a whole. This event is simply a microcosm.

Choose your battles, changing the name of the X-Men, will make you lose the PR war and when the cause is just then people just point to the bullshit X-Men battle.
Equal pay and what not, people under stand that but upset about a name of a super hero team that has been around since the 60's is silly. The name is not racist.
What is next, do we call manhole covers, womenholes covers, Back in my day we called that underwear.

They are actually referred to as maintenance holes how.

Man door = personnel door

Etc.

Get rid of any word with the word man/men in it.....including woman/women

I can't speak for that poster, but I assumed he was being hyperbolic. I don't think he actually wants to burn people alive over this.

What I was curious about was whether or not you thought that this movement was the work of the unholy. I'm not necessarily religious, but I certainly view this agenda as the work of twisted, "unholy" people.

i hear you but i am MUCH more concerned about the growing tendency to ascribe demonic motives to all things that today's fundamentalist Christians dont agree with. dehumanization is becoming very common and that is not far from killing. you call what he said hyperbole but i think it reveals a deep black and white thinking that is pervasive in evangelical and fundamentalist christian circles.

i think they are potentially one of the most dangerous groups in america for 3 reasons. the first is black and white thinking-- things are either good or evil. they dont see any grey area in a world that is filled with grey area. second is an inability to self reflect and find evil within themselves or within their own tribe politically or in terms of religion. they almost exclusively use Christianity as a sword against others whereas real Christianity uses it against themselves primarily. and the third reason is that they take a literalist and very bloody interpretation of the end times and hope for and expect a very bloody battle between themselves, the good ones and all those evil people out there.

these are very real problems and if you understand them you realize these types are a ticking time bomb and even Christians will not be safe from them and the world they envision.

as far as marvel changing the name of x men to something else i could not care less. its a non problem.

Back