Marvel movies or DC movies?

Which movies are best?

• Total voters
both the Joker and Two-Face, as rushed as he was, were great. I thought Eckhart was as enjoyable a psycho as Ledger. There's no reason to see it a second time.

I don't think two faces problem was the actor. The problem was the long drawn out ending involving him that didn't fit into the movie.

There was far to much two face at the end. He went from zero to sixty way to fast.

Like most Nolan movies, they fall apart the second viewing.

Batman Begins IMO is one of the most consistent, well made comic book movies to date. Dark knight pales in comparison. The plot is a mess in the dark knight.

I enjoyed Iron Man 1 and Deadpool and also Capt America 2 wasn't bad. (Haven't seen 3 yet) Everything else has been terrible.If it weren't for FF4 being so bad, I would say Age of Ultorn would be the worst comicbook movie ever. The Thors aren't far behind.

I enjoy the atmosphere of DC much more. I could watch Batman flicks all day though so maybe I'm biased. But Marvel just seems so paint by numbers to me.

In the end my opinion is Marvel is more for kids wanting colorful happy bloodless hero movies (Deadpool being the exception) while DC is more for adults who want a darker tone.

I don't think two faces problem was the actor. The problem was the long drawn out ending involving him that didn't fit into the movie.

There was far to much two face at the end. He went from zero to sixty way to fast.

Like most Nolan movies, they fall apart the second viewing.

Batman Begins IMO is one of the most consistent, well made comic book movies to date. Dark knight pales in comparison. The plot is a mess in the dark knight.

plus Liam Neeson. Also Ra's Al Ghul is a great character.

I was pleasantly surprised by Daredevil. Really fun and well done show.

With Daredevil you can pull off his storylines in a TV setting because he isn't too over the top and it plays out like a well crafted Police Procedural with neat comic book aspects.

I enjoyed Iron Man 1 and Deadpool and also Capt America 2 wasn't bad. (Haven't seen 3 yet) Everything else has been terrible.If it weren't for FF4 being so bad, I would say Age of Ultorn would be the worst comicbook movie ever. The Thors aren't far behind.

I enjoy the atmosphere of DC much more. I could watch Batman flicks all day though so maybe I'm biased.

In the end my opinion is Marvel is more for kids wanting colorful happy bloodless hero movies (Deadpool being the exception) while DC is more for adults who want a darker tone.

doesn't sound like you watched the movies from this comment.

plus Liam Neeson. Also Ra's Al Ghul is a great character.

Yes he was. I just really love that movie.

I look at batman begins the same way I look at X2. It's really hard to top the consistency in those movies.

Something about them was just done really really well

loved the dark knight trilogy and burton's Batman -- but i like the new marvel films as well

Im giving it to DC for their Animated Stuff

Red Hood, Assault on Arkham, Dark Knight, Killing Joke, JL's -- all amazing/

doesn't sound like you watched the movies from this comment.
You can't tell me their tone isnt bright and colorful. Their skies and backgrounds and environments are always perfectly CGd in. They had the cheesiest character pose ever in Avengers 2. They crack silly jokes when they are in life or death situations. People fight without any real consequences. Nothing hurts any body. Watch Avengers, they all fight each other and throw each other around like rag dolls and they all just get up like nothing happened. Tony Stark would have been dead taking punches from Thor. Compare that to Bane breaking Batmans back.

You can't tell me their tone isnt bright and colorful. Their skies and backgrounds and environments are always perfectly CGd in. They had the cheesiest character pose ever in Avengers 2. They crack silly jokes when they are in life or death situations. People fight without any real consequences. Nothing hurts any body. Watch Avengers, they all fight each other and throw each other around like rag dolls and they all just get up like nothing happened. Tony Stark would have been dead taking punches from Thor. Compare that to Bane breaking Batmans back.

people die left and right in marvel movies. Black Widow packs heat. Crossbones exploded. They didn't incapacitate all those Chitauri, they killed them. Yellowjacket was a dark, psychopathic character. Civilians are killed all the time as plot points.

I haven't watched the third Batman because the second one was rubbish. Can't compare them.

In all honesty, DC only reigns supreme in the animated and gaming department.

Marvel has them beat by a long shot when it comes to live action portrayals; both on the big screen and in television (and for those who don't agree with the TV part...DC's lineup doesn't quite stack up compared to Marvel's Netflix roster).

Marvel is more consistently good. There's some stinkers like Spider-Man 3 and all the fantastic four thus far, but no marvel movie has been as shitty as Batman and Robin or Superman IV
Those three movies are not Marvel movies. Spiderman is Sony and F4 is Fox.

Marvel Movies I liked
Iron Man
Iron Man 3
Avengers
Civil War

Non-Marvel Marvel Movies I liked

Ang Lee's Hulk
Spider-Man 2
X-Men Days of Future Past

List of DC Movies I liked

Batman
The Dark Knight
Batman vs Superman

I guess the edge goes to Marvel.

people die left and right in marvel movies. Black Widow packs heat. Crossbones exploded. They didn't incapacitate all those Chitauri, they killed them. Yellowjacket was a dark, psychopathic character. Civilians are killed all the time as plot points.

I haven't watched the third Batman because the second one was rubbish. Can't compare them.

Wow they killed some CG Aliens and no name civilians that no one cared about, how edgy.

Are you really saying The Dark Knight sucks? That one movie is superior to anything Marvel has ever made, period.

i know this has been discussed many times by many people but i still dont understand how superman and batman are in the same universe (other than the fact that they are properties owned by the same company). to me batman is his own universe and the character and story are strongest that way. i would even say superman should be his own universe too because obviously he's too powerful and i would even say a lot of the marvel properties play better when they are in their own self-contained story, like spider-man doesn't need anyone the other marvel superheros, etc

i don't know, i just don't like what happened to comics where everything is big event crossover based now in both marvel and DC...also have always hated the rivalry between the fanboys because to me it never made sense because i hate crossover stuff unless it made sense so i hated the ideas of company universes....anyway thats my stupid rant

i know this has been discussed many times by many people but i still dont understand how superman and batman are in the same universe (other than the fact that they are properties owned by the same company). to me batman is his own universe and the character and story are strongest that way. i would even say superman should be his own universe too because obviously he's too powerful and i would even say a lot of the marvel properties play better when they are in their own self-contained story, like spider-man doesn't need anyone the other marvel superheros, etc

i don't know, i just don't like what happened to comics where everything is big event crossover based now in both marvel and DC...also have always hated the rivalry between the fanboys because to me it never made sense because i hate crossover stuff unless it made sense so i hated the ideas of company universes....anyway thats my stupid rant
I mean, both are set in some anachronistic USandA and owned by the same company, which is the biggest hurdle to seeing them in the same movie or comic.

DC has better animated stuff.
Marvel better movies.

Came to say this. Can't believe DC didn't do this years
ago.

How about when it comes to TV?

I think they're both equal when comes to live-action
but DC is better in animated shows.

So it's basically like the comic book.

What are you complaining about.

And what is this nonsense that tony stark in the iron man costume can't take some serious blows. What's the point of the armor if you lose a battle when faced against a powerful opponent. The armor is supposed to protect tony. Maybe you misse that part. Not sure.

Marvel is more consistently good. There's some stinkers like Spider-Man 3 and all the fantastic four thus far, but no marvel movie has been as shitty as Batman and Robin or Superman IV

Batman

Oh yes there was. Try watching the original Captain America. You'll think Batman and Robin or Superman 4 was amazing after.

Batman

Oh yes there was. Try watching the original Captain America. You'll think Batman and Robin or Superman 4 was amazing after.
b rill, dough. Ain't nothing making me think Batman and Robin is amazing. OMFG that movie is atrocious. Cue @Bullitt68

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back