Ang Lee's Hulk
Spider-Man 2
X-Men Days of Future Past

List of DC Movies I liked

Batman
The Dark Knight
Batman vs Superman

I guess the edge goes to Marvel.

Ang Lees hulk is one of the best comic book movies to date.

It did the dark and gritty Nolan thing years before the Nolan movies were ever conceived.

Fantastic story, plotted perfectly, amazing casting, great acting, dark, gritty, morbid, cerebral. The movie had it all from a story telling perspective.

The movie is way to smart for most comic book movies goers. That's why they didn't like it. Because you had to sit there and use your brain

It's wasn't the Hulk just breaking things for 2+ hours.

Most underrated comic movie to date IMO.

It did the dark and gritty Nolan thing years before the Nolan movies were ever conceived.

Fantastic story, plotted perfectly, amazing casting, great acting, dark, gritty, morbid, cerebral. The movie had it all from a story telling perspective.

The movie is way to smart for most comic book movies goers. That's why they didn't like it. Because you had to sit there and use your brain

*too smart, but finally I can agree with you in this thread. It was soulcrushing hearing everyone say that movie sucked and the reboot with Edward Norton's bitch ass was so much better.

So it's basically like the comic book.

What are you complaining about.

And what is this nonsense that tony stark in the iron man costume can't take some serious blows. What's the point of the armor if you lose a battle when faced against a powerful opponent. The armor is supposed to protect tony. Maybe you misse that part. Not sure.

The same armor that falls apart every five minutes in part 3? I don't buy that it can take a hit from a god if it can't take a hit from a truck.

But anyways I wasn't arguing them not being like comics. I was stating how the tones were different between the companies and someone took it from there and we had a mini debate. NothIng at all about them not being about comics. I wasn't complaining about that issue. My complaint was that most of their movies suck.

The same armor that falls apart every five minutes in part 3? I don't buy that it can take a hit from a god if it can't take a hit from a truck.

But anyways I wasn't arguing them not being like comics. I was stating how the tones were different between the companies and someone took it from there and we had a mini debate. NothIng at all about them not being about comics.

I'm not sure I remember why that happened in part 3 but I thought there was a reason for that.

*too smart, but finally I can agree with you in this thread. It was soulcrushing hearing everyone say that movie sucked and the reboot with Edward Norton's bitch ass was so much better.

Oh brother you're gonna nit pick me missing an "O".

The Norton movie was legit crap compared to that gem Lee directed.

Yep. My main rule about deciding if a superhero movie was good is: did I enjoy all the moments when superheroes weren't on screen? And Ang Lee's movie had me riveted in the characters like no other comic book movie before or since.

hey you do have to admit that it's funny when someone makes a grammatical or spelling error in the same clause where they're insulting people's intellect.

I'm not sure I remember why that happened in part 3 but I thought there was a reason for that.
It was because he was making the outfit work without a person in it, but the amor was still iron man metal or whatever. At least from what I remember, I could only get through that movie once.

I hate the Norton movie. Apparently he rewrote it, which I guess he was able to do because he was a big star. Is he the one who made it awful? I dunno, but there's one scene that makes me angry. When he and Betty confront each other on the bridge. Up until this point Bruce has been avoiding her and the entire emotional heart of the movie was going to come to climax at that moment... so they abruptly ended the scene before we saw any emotional impact whatsoever and cut to them investigating the USB drive, which was far less interesting.

Robert Downey Jr. rewrote the Iron Man movie, apparently. I credit him with most of the things I liked about it and I don't know why.

Neither one is very good. They just can't get the hulk to work very well on his own for some reason, with the exception of the old show which probably hasnt aged well. I haven't seen it since I was a kid. I know people want Planet Hulk which could be interesting.

Those three movies are not Marvel movies. Spiderman is Sony and F4 is Fox.

The OP just said Marvel movies or DC movies. It didn't say MCU vs Warner Brothers. I take "Marvel" to include all the movies based on their IPs, including the MCU plus Sony's Spiderman movies, and Fox's Fantastic Four and X-Men movies, and the Blade movies.

Robert Downey Jr. rewrote the Iron Man movie, apparently. I credit him with most of the things I liked about it and I don't know why.
IRON MAN is built on RDJr's charm. And to find out how he approached the character is a terrific story. He said bring me everything Iron Man. Not just the comics. EVERYTHING. He immersed himself with the entire culture of it. Personally, I don't really like RDJr when he isn't playing the underdog. I love KISS KISS BANG BANG, which admittedly has him doing some Mary Sue shit, but he builds to the "perfect" moment with such heart and pathos that it feels deserved.

I hate the Norton movie. Apparently he rewrote it, which I guess he was able to do because he was a big star. Is he the one who made it awful? I dunno, but there's one scene that makes me angry. When he and Betty confront each other on the bridge. Up until this point Bruce has been avoiding her and the entire emotional heart of the movie was going to come to climax at that moment... so they abruptly ended the scene before we saw any emotional impact whatsoever and cut to them investigating the USB drive, which was far less interesting.

Yea apparently Norton was a major ass and hard to work with. I also heard about him rewriting things like you mentioned.

I think it worked for RDJr because he's more charismatic and funny in real life.

I wouldn't be surprised if the extent of Downey "rewriting" Iron Man had more to do with him being allowed to ad lib as much as he wanted. That performance was very much Robert downey, Jr. as Tony Stark as opposed to him melting into the role. I think it generally worked because most people tend to like his shtick and it fits with the whole smart, irreverent, playboy thing, but it could be viewed as good or bad depending on tastes and just how many times a given person has seen him be him onscreen.

Lol, because RD is one cool dude.

I always really liked the Ang Les Hulk. There was something different about it, I don't think there has been another comic related movie quite like that.

Hell, there is a part of the movie where there is no dialogue for what seems to be a decent portion of time. It's just the Hulk jumping around secluded areas, Looking at lizards and just pondering what exactly he is. I thought that was one of the best parts of the movie. The cinemotography was awesome in those scenes.

Wow they killed some CG Aliens and no name civilians that no one cared about, how edgy.

Are you really saying The Dark Knight sucks? That one movie is superior to anything Marvel has ever made, period.

that movie isn't worth watching a second time. Made me never see the third.

HULK had room to breathe. It wasn't this constant breakneck pace. It worked hard to set up story and spectacle and balanced the ludicrous with the real. With good movies, there's supposed to be some level of reaction that's, "Are you kidding me right now?" It embraced the themes and tone of the comic book, without trying to recreate it verbatim, and totally sold me. It felt like a movie and not a product.

Neither one is very good. They just can't get the hulk to work very well on his own for some reason, with the exception of the old show which probably hasnt aged well. I haven't seen it since I was a kid. I know people want Planet Hulk which could be interesting.

I think the ang lee movie is awesome.

Though were some problems I had with them I liked
both Hulk movies.

Back