• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies Marvel, Creed Actor Jonathan Majors Arrested for Strangulation, Assault & Harassment Charges

Third degree assault and harassment? So dude loses his entire career over two misdemeanors? Enjoy the Ws while you can woke crowd, before long no one will have a damn job what a joke. Guess Disney has learned nothing from the Depp situation, I’m really looking forward to the day sooner than later when Disney crumbles completely.

As far as the MCU goes, they had their big bad get beat by Ant Man sure but what makes him a bigger threat than Thamos is his variants just get stronger and badder and there is infinite number of them (although weirdly no Thanos variants?). Marvel has let Disney just completely decimate the storyline in general though so zero faith they will recast the role and it hold the same weight Majors did.

drop the big bad trajectory altogether. just focus on the individual characters, who sometimes needs to team up to defeat a powerful threat. the MCU doesn’t need a Thanos payoff right now. they need to rehabilitate the characters on the micro—trying to tell a meaningful, character(s)-driven story that people give a shit about turns to mush when fitting it into a framework that only cares about the interconnectivity of the macro.
Love it, especially if you start to get hints of the big bad somewhere behind the scenes. Little tiny pieces that will eventually build to something.

Marvel knew they had to rip the band-aid off as quickly as possible. Majors, and by extension Kang, is damaged goods now. Disney can't afford this on top of all the other shit they're dealing with.
At least Doom probably gonna show up immediately lmao

Seems a little odd. Admittedly, I haven't kept up with the trial at all. But my understanding was the taxi driver confirmed he didn't do anything, that she was the aggressor, and he was on camera running away.

Again, that about all the details I know. Without sarcasm, can anyone tell me legitimately what the evidence was that convicted him?
The audio recordings did a lot of damage.

Pretty good summary of what happened. Majors got harassment which is like a parking ticket and then "3rd degree reckless assault" which means it wasn't intentional. Basically they ruled when he was pushing her back into the Uber to get away, he unintentionally caused injury.

IMO, he's not even proven to be guilty of that.

He just lost his career for two very minor charges.

Pretty good summary of what happened. Majors got harassment which is like a parking ticket and then "3rd degree reckless assault" which means it wasn't intentional. Basically they ruled when he was pushing her back into the Uber to get away, he unintentionally caused injury.

IMO, he's not even proven to be guilty of that.

I don't think he lost his career. But I can see why Marvel/Disney pulled the plug. They don't need to have that kind of negativity associated with the face of their new phase.

So dude loses his entire career over two misdemeanors?
his career will be fine. he lost his cash cow role, sure, but could probably retire off what he made for one feature & two seasons of a series. Majors is 34 years old & is legit talented—he’ll still get plenty of gigs.

his career will be fine. he lost his cash cow role, sure, but could probably retire off what he made for one feature & two seasons of a series. Majors is 34 years old & is legit talented—he’ll still get plenty of gigs.

IDK man - look at all the other Hollywood people cancelled. I hardly see them in anything.

IDK man - look at all the other Hollywood people cancelled. I hardly see them in anything.

Getting canceled means nothing especially when the "crime" is overreaction by haters. Just wait a few months to a year later, they can even be back despite committing real crime if they are talented enough.

I don't follow Hollywood news much but these people came back.
Kevin Spacey, Mel Gibson, James Gunn

The only question is, Is Majors talented enough or is it just hype? If it's the latter, he will fade off like the rest.

They'll find a loop hole

If they're smart - and yes, I know this is Disney we're talking about - they'll take this opportunity to kick Kang to the kerb. Majors is a talented actor, but the character wasn't working.

When your Thanos-level Big Bad gets his ass kicked by Ant Man, you done fucked up.

Problem is that he'll be rushed. I think they would have gone with him for Secret Wars but then they would have had a FF movie first to introduce him. With so much of this phase already in the can I don't know when they can organically bring him in.
Shit will probably continue being weird for a while. At least Echo looks OK

If they're smart - and yes, I know this is Disney we're talking about - they'll take this opportunity to kick Kang to the kerb. Majors is a talented actor, but the character wasn't working.

When your Thanos-level Big Bad gets his ass kicked by Ant Man, you done fucked up.
I can't argue with that

Getting canceled means nothing especially when the "crime" is overreaction by haters. Just wait a few months to a year later, they can even be back despite committing real crime if they are talented enough.

I don't follow Hollywood news much but these people came back.
Kevin Spacey, Mel Gibson, James Gunn

The only question is, Is Majors talented enough or is it just hype? If it's the latter, he will fade off like the rest.

I don't think Kevin Spacey ever made a comeback.

Judging by his current chick and this hot mess of a blonde dancer, he’s not the brightest bulb out there. His lawyer also didn’t look like she did her job.

Also prob don’t bring in your new chick into the courtroom while fighting your ex who’s accusing you of cheating and abusing her

Back