Movies Marvel, Creed Actor Jonathan Majors Arrested for Strangulation, Assault & Harassment Charges

Denzel would be pnly ways to save it. The fact Kang is so Important to the current Multiverse Arc I heard they wanted to save it. Don't care either way really. But Denzel as Kang could be good

Maybe, but the role is beneath him. Plus, Denzel's nearly 70. I don't see him wanting to commit to a major - no pun intended - role over several years.

Hell, even John Boyega turned down Marvel when they offered him the Kang role, and he hasn't exactly been setting the box office on fire recently.

you know who would be a sweet Kang? Daniel Kaluuya.

but i mean, he would literally be great in any meaty role. i know this will make a bunch of you clutch your pearls, say three hail marys & four our fathers, but he would also be a great Doom. that’s why it’s so disappointing that he was wasted in a thankless role in BP1. maybe since he wasn’t in BP2, they could recast him in something more deserving of his talents

What about a mexican or chinese kang? Marvel's obsesion with black people is embarassing

The silly bastard still hasn't learned the lesson of The Marvels, if the rumours about X Men being female-centric are true. :rolleyes:

Disney need to drop Feige along with Kang. He used to be great, but he's a bigger liability than Majors now.
I think that's for X-Men 97

I think that's for X-Men 97

Not what I heard; that refers to the live action X Men.

To give credit where it's due, I did like the idea of having Mr Sinister as the Big Bad and not including Magneto in the first MCU X Men movie. As fantastic as the character is, Magneto has been done to death.

If - and that's a huge caveat - Sinister is done right, it could pave the way to reintroduce Apocalypse himself and redeem him from that God-awful movie.

But this is Disney, so it's more than likely they'll fuck things up. :rolleyes:

Not what I heard; that refers to the live action X Men.

To give credit where it's due, I did like the idea of having Mr Sinister as the Big Bad and not including Magneto in the first MCU X Men movie. As fantastic as the character is, Magneto has been done to death.

If - and that's a huge caveat - Sinister is done right, it could pave the way to reintroduce Apocalypse himself and redeem him from that God-awful movie.

But this is Disney, so it's more than likely they'll fuck things up. :rolleyes:
If true and then Fuuuuuuu! <WhitmanDefeat>

Disney firing Majors is obviously the big news but the fate of the film Magazine Dreams is also now uncertain. The film stars Major as an out of control body builder.

Searchlight brought it after it screened at Sundance. It was supposed to be released around now but all that has been on hold due to the trial.

Apparently Major's character is a pretty dark and violent guy and so it makes releasing the film that much harder.

Searchlight can either hold the film and release it later. I don't know anything about this deal but usually the distributor (Searchlight) gives whomever owns the movie a guaranteed minimum for the distribution rights and has a certain timeframe to do the release. The film has a reported budget of $8m and so maybe Searchlight guaranteed a few million to the rights holder(s).

Searchlight can hold it and release it after Major's has hopefully rehabilitated his image. Alternatively, these deals usually have various clawback provisions which generally include morality clauses. In that case, they can probably wiggle out of the guarantee and the distribution rights revert to the film owner.

A friend of mine saw it at Sundance and said that it is a great movie. It will be a shame if it never gets released. I think it will get out as long as Major does not fuck up again.

do you just believe every made up rumor you read on the internet?

How do you know it's made up? Given Feige's obsession with this Woke nonsense, the balance of probability is the rumour has significant validity.

The silly bastard still hasn't learned the lesson of The Marvels, if the rumours about X Men being female-centric are true. :rolleyes:

Disney need to drop Feige along with Kang. He used to be great, but he's a bigger liability than Majors now.
It's crazy how lost they seem to be with the current movies/shows. It's almost like he doesn't give a shit anymore.

They have mishandled the Kang character thus far anyway. He supposed to be the overarching villain for the entire multiverse saga, but he's been portrayed as pretty weak and hapless. He got whipped and killed by Ant Man for goodness sakes.

This dude got railroaded a' la Johnny Depp.

It's so obvious what happened. They were in a cab when he got a text from another girl. The GF physically attacked him and took his phone (as testified by the cab driver.) The cab stopped and he took the phone away from her - which was when she got a slight bruise on her finger. She was still attacking him so we physically put her in the cab. Then he runs away and she runs after him for blocks.

He gets away and goes to a hotel for the night. She goes clubbing, gets piss drunk and goes to his place and sleeps in the closet. He comes home in the morning and calls the cops because she seems so out of it. He gets arrested.

I think Disney is trying to rehabilitate his image to still do Kang as his post trial interview defending himself aired on ABC. Disney owns ABC.

Back