Relationship Marriage logic

"Why answering seriously to someone who's clearly fucking with you?"

Killing time till my pre kicks in.

"being a mother is A TON of unpaid labor that falls sqarely on women's shoulders so it's just fair they rob you blind when separating"

They get to do that even if you don't have kids. There is no circumstance where I would accept that someone should be entitled to at least half of everything I have worked for over two decades for. It's 2021, they can work for their own fucking money.

"Most people just suck as relationships, will commit to a shitty one for fear of staying alone, or will lie and pretend to be someone they're not just to fuck and once you're living in a house together all the shit comes up and escalates."

Agreed.

"It's something you build and it requires intentional effort all the way through. It's hard but no one forces you to marry."

Yep, but that requires two people to attempt to work towards establishing that long term relationship and unfortunately we live in a society that encourages shallow, selfish narcissists. When you set up a system that openly encourages and rewards one party for breaking their vows and fucking over the other? ...yeah it's pretty obvious why marriage rates are at their lowest levels ever.

I'm with you on the "society encourages shallow narcissits" but it's in no way a women prerogative.

It's just been always seen as a desirable trait in us boys and women are adapting because they gained more power in the last half century. We notice it more in women because it used not to be like this.

Under the circumstances, there's really very little I can really say on the topic without sounding like a massive, insensitive douche.

I honestly am happy for you that you found happiness and am truly saddened about how it ended. Marriages absolutely can work and last long term, I'm not disputing that - my parents have been married for 47 years and counting.

The fact remains that as a guy the odds are not in your favor if you decide to get married and the results of divorce are regularly catastrophic for men. It's a position arrived at based entirely in logical and statistical realities and for people like me, those odds make it an exceedingly unappealing prospect.

It's all good. You do you, bro.

I'm with you on the "society encourages shallow narcissits" but it's in no way a women prerogative.

It's just been always seen as a desirable trait in us boys and women are adapting because they gained more power in the last half century. We notice it more in women because it used not to be like this.

Oh absolutely, I didn't say it was just the women. I am however not even remotely interested in marrying a dude though so being in a relationship with a male one isn't something that I need to worry about.

I don't see how being a thoughtless, selfish narcissist would ever have been a desirable trait in anyone.

I'm happy to just date short term. Each to their own though I guess.

Congrats bro. My wife and I just celebrated our 31st wedding anniversary in Aug, and we’ve been together 34 years.

Obviously marriage is not for everyone, but in my circle of friends and family most have been married for 20-30 years and still going strong.

Congrats to you as well!

Our oldest just got married last Friday . . . we had a great time celebrating with family.

My wife agrees with me that we should get a 80 series Landcruiser.

After a month of watching the rest of the walking dead with my wife she suggested I should buy a functional katana to hang over the fireplace. It's not too ridiculous a suggestion, I trained Toyama Ryu iai batto jutsu for years and have kept up the forms as part of my gym warmup. I can buy some tatami mats and get in some cutting practice.

I also throw axes and use a bunch of other stuff but nothing is as lethal as a katana (untill it breaks)

I said we should get a bunch of broadheads for our bows too and she agreed.

All I'm saying here is that it's possible to find someone who wants the same stuff as you and to build a life together which is better than the sum of its parts.

No Wife = Happy Life!

Under the circumstances, there's really very little I can really say on the topic without sounding like a massive, insensitive douche.

I honestly am happy for you that you found happiness and am truly saddened about how it ended. Marriages absolutely can work and last long term, I'm not disputing that - my parents have been married for 47 years and counting.

The fact remains that as a guy the odds are not in your favor if you decide to get married and the results of divorce are regularly catastrophic for men. It's a position arrived at based entirely in logical and statistical realities and for people like me, those odds make it an exceedingly unappealing prospect.

This largely has little to do with whether you are a guy and far more to do with what role you play in the marriage. If you are the primary income earner and provider you can expect to fork over part of that income if the marriage comes to an end. If she is the primary income earner, she is the one giving up income.

It's just a matter of making sure you marry into or above your income bracket. A lot of men still don't want to do that and want a housewife.

...It's just a matter of making sure you marry into or above your income bracket. A lot of men still don't want to do that and want a housewife.

Above my income bracket would be awesome but I would be eliminating all but a tiny percentage of the female population. Not showing off, just being honest. It's people like me that get absolutely hosed in divorce so I'm just going to completely avoid that shitshow.

Above my income bracket would be awesome but I would be eliminating all but a tiny percentage of the female population. Not showing off, just being honest. It's people like me that get absolutely hosed in divorce so I'm just going to completely avoid that shitshow.

Are you sherdog's resident millionaire? Can't say I feel particularly sorry for you if that's the case. You've made it at life.

I'm upper middle class but there are plenty of women out there for me, especially in my age range.

Are you sherdog's resident millionaire? Can't say I feel particularly sorry for you if that's the case. You've made it at life.

I'm upper middle class but there are plenty of women out there for me, especially in my age range.

No idea why would feel sorry for me in the first place? My life is pretty great (current BS lockdowns excluded)

Given there are plenty of older people on here 40+, I don't think members with money on sherdog is as rare as you think, especially with the explosion is the value of real estate, crypto and shares in the last decade or so.

Don't forget the shitshow for the majority of men trying to access their children after a divorce.........it's not just the money.......so much for equality..........

Don't forget the shitshow for the majority of men trying to access their children after a divorce.........it's not just the money.......so much for equality..........

Yeah but that kind of goes without saying unfortunately. Watching a grown man sobbing into his beer because he misses his children so much but is denied seeing them by a vindictive ex is heart breaking.

Back