Relationship Marriage logic

That guy is a doormat.

Thankfully me and my woman have similar opinions on most things but when we don't, there's civil war in the house and nobody backs down, Good relationships are built on the ability to listening to eachother and compromising. When you always give up, that's not a relationship of equal partners anymore and someone eventually gets taken advantage of.

It's a funny joke, but I personally couldn't stand such a relationship where I'm not taken seriously.

Last edited:
Wife dedicated to making her husband happy, happy life.

Shouldn't this be the obvious answer for guys?

I assume the 50% of people who get divorced thought that's what they had found as well. Spoiler: didn't work out so great for them.

No wife, awesome life.

Yeah, If I was all by myself and didn't have to bankroll 3 people my financial situation would be decent.

But I appreciate the companionship....

<Fedor23>

Last edited:
As long as women are willing to give sex away for free, without any attachments, marriage is pretty redundant.

Breakdown started in the 50's and dramatically accelerated with the advent of the female contraceptive pill and of course the changes in law regarding divorce.

My only worry is the children that are born into this crap........the best outcomes for children are still the ones that involves 2 married people.........

Would you agree this is how marriage logic usually looks like ?

If you're in that sort of marriage, you either become the door mat and possibly get cheated on or you get screwed in a divorce, you really need to research your possible wife better, before you marry her......... don't be in that situation.

Married life is very hard work and western society has made it too enticing for women to just get divorced when things get tuff.
Also in the process of divorce take half your shit and your kids, I don't understand the logic behind getting married today as a dude. Nothing to gain, everything to lose.

LOL, if you say so dude.

I mean disrespect at all when I say this, and maybe Im wrong.

but the difference between you and @eighterumg5 's statements:
he said "to each their own" claiming that everyone is different and whatever works for you is okay

while you kind of just keep harping on this "don't get married" option.

I'm not married, but obviously it works for some and not for others. There are plenty of people in my family who have been married their entire lives and are happy, In fact there is only one divorce in my family, my uncle, and I think he's happier single (as far as I know, at least; I dont want to speak for him). Theres nothing wrong with being single or married, but if you need to go out of your way to convince others that your way is the right way.. youre most likely just trying to convince yourself

In any marriage you have to be completely devoted to making each other happy. The joke, I think, comes from the fact that men have simpler needs in order to make them happy. My wife has a whole host of wants and desires she needs fulfilled each day, I just want a decent round of video games and a cheeseburger.

This is by design. When women get pregnant and start rearing children, attention to their wants and needs pays dividends. Who needs to win a tiny argument when your kid is right there watching how you treat each other? Let her have her way. But if its something important, like dealing with an extended family member or a health decision, that "women are always right" shit goes out the window, and your wife should have your back full stop.

Back