Media Marlon Vera: Aldo loss was the best mistake of my life, that's why my career turned

Unheralded Truth

Brown Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Basically because it taught him to be more cautious, not allowing himself to be showy when getting momentum in fights:

"The first round, I was calculating, I was trying to figure out his speed, I was trying to see his body shots and second round, I’m 100 percent sure I won that round, and leaving the second
round, at the end of the second round, he was so tired and so overwhelmed. I can feel his energy. He was like, ‘Oh, I’m going to lose again, man. I’m done’ and I got so cocky and arrogant,
and I made a childish mistake on just rushing around the cage and throwing a haymaker for no reason. I don’t even fight like that! That cost me the fight. My team was like 'yo, calm down,
pimp him out with touching'. He was ready to go but I give him this chance. I went crazy in there."

“Losing like that really hurt, I went to a dark place. I was hard on myself. It was depressing because it was like 'oh, I have this fight won' so OK, 'be smart'. And still I get... that was 1,001
percent on me. I made the biggest mistake of my life, but it was also the best mistake of my life because it taught me so much in the long run. That’s why you saw my career the way it
turned because I was like, you have to be cautious of everything at all times! It just taught me so many things. That loss, I would say it could be the best loss of my career, and I’m not a
hater. Why not against a legend like Jose Aldo? God bless him, you beat me: high five!"

Dude is a dick, during the fight when Aldo was on his back he pretended to mmasturbate and hit Aldo after the horn with an elbow.

That’s always been my issue with him. He was pretty much trying to do the same thing, that being grinding out the clock to a win, but Aldo did it at a higher level which was all of a sudden a huge issue in Vera’s eyes. Poor sportsmanship and an ugly double standard IMO.

did it turn around or has he just fought the right guys?

Rob Font decision is a good win

other than that? Corpse of Frankie and Cruz? A dominating loss to Sandhagen? UD over Pedro Munhoz?
Bars

That’s always been my issue with him. He was pretty much trying to do the same thing, that being grinding out the clock to a win, but Aldo did it at a higher level which was all of a sudden a huge issue in Vera’s eyes. Poor sportsmanship and an ugly double standard IMO.
Aldo was always a finish threat if YOU pressure him.

Chito is SOMETIMES awake enough to finish and other times he’s asleep in there

Meh. Marlon is more varied on the feet and way more of a sub threat. Max better boxing and pressure. I see similarities for sure though

I also see the similarities as in both are fighters, have 2 hands and 2 feet, and fight for the ufc.

Besides that, I see a former champ, one of the best FW ever, a fan favorite and then... theres Marlon Chito Vera.

and when i thought i couldn't like him even less than i already do...

this guy and his passive agressive bullshit.

Has nothing to do with this thread but is anyone else having problems recently with ads being twice as present and a lot of them covering up actual posts instead of in between them?

Chrome mobile die hard, I've learned to accept the ads but this is kinda silly.

Last edited:
Back