Mark Schultz having a change of heart on Foxcatcher

Another lie from Mark's interview:

source: http://www.oregonlive.com/books/index.ssf/2014/12/mark_schultz_talks_about_foxca.html

First of all, you didn't "win UFC" you won a fight in the UFC. When you say you won UFC you're implying that you were one of the early tournament winners. Then you go on to say you never competed after that fight, which according to sherdog's fightfinder, you lost to Leopoldo Montenegro in 2003. So I guess your wins count but not your losses?

Okay...

so, semantics are important to you. We get it. He didn't 'fight UFC', he fought in MMA. Most people not in 'the know' will get the first reference better though. Also, his second 'fight' was most likely a worked pro-wrestling bout that ends up on fight finder like a bunch of others.

Hell man, if you want to play investigator, at least look at the references of site you're on - they did a "where is he now" write up of Mark Schultz talking about just this.

For those that don't remember Schultz's UFC career.

Schultz doesn't appear until around the 2:30 mark. At 2:45 they show a dude in the crowd that I could swear is John Du Pont, but I'm not positive.

[YT]rJ3tMCqwyP0[/YT]

For those that have seen the movie, do they mention Schultz's UFC fight at all? It would be in the right timeline for the movie.

I guess the guy in the video isn't Du Pont, because this was after the shooting. Unless they let him out on bail or something.

Another lie from Mark's interview:

source: http://www.oregonlive.com/books/index.ssf/2014/12/mark_schultz_talks_about_foxca.html

First of all, you didn't "win UFC" you won a fight in the UFC. When you say you won UFC you're implying that you were one of the early tournament winners. Then you go on to say you never competed after that fight, which according to sherdog's fightfinder, you lost to Leopoldo Montenegro in 2003. So I guess your wins count but not your losses?

I believe the 2003 bout was a work.

could be staging some bad blood for the sake of ticket sales... or lack their of. it's a decent film though. but not too much to drawing power besides creepy steve and the magic mike factor.

2588230-5504689143-there.gif

Those tweets are so outrageous that they seem fake to me.

Okay...

so, semantics are important to you. We get it. He didn't 'fight UFC', he fought in MMA. Most people not in 'the know' will get the first reference better though. Also, his second 'fight' was most likely a worked pro-wrestling bout that ends up on fight finder like a bunch of others.

Hell man, if you want to play investigator, at least look at the references of site you're on - they did a "where is he now" write up of Mark Schultz talking about just this.

I stand corrected on the Montenegro fight. I just watched it on youtube and that crap was definitely a work. They should remove it from sherdog's fightfinder.

I still think it's shitty that he's dumping on the movie when he was saying how awesome it was just a few days ago. And I still think he shouldn't be claiming he "won UFC" because it just sounds like you were some kind of champion, when he only one 1 fight.

If i had to venture a guess i would say he is interested in more compensation and got shot down or something along those lines.
This was my first blind guess. "Disrespect" is a favored keyword for this sort of gripe.
Those tweets are so outrageous that they seem fake to me.
One would hope we might have one more debacle to lay at hackers' feet.

I stand corrected on the Montenegro fight. I just watched it on youtube and that crap was definitely a work. They should remove it from sherdog's fightfinder.

I still think it's shitty that he's dumping on the movie when he was saying how awesome it was just a few days ago. And I still think he shouldn't be claiming he "won UFC" because it just sounds like you were some kind of champion, when he only one 1 fight.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe Mark isn't a super duper hardcore MMA fan and looks at it as 98% of the rest of the general public and that a single mma fight equals "teh ufc"?

I bet you don't even trane ufc bruh

Just found out something that may explain it.

Apparently nobody was interested in publishing his book until the movie came out. Now that the movie's out I suspect that maybe he's trying to sell his book. He's getting publicity by attacking the credibility of the movie and saying that people who want the REAL story need to read his book.

I don't want to pass too much judgment because it could be a hacker but if this is real then it somewhat validates his character in the movie. His character had positive traits obviously, but there was also a clear sense of mental instability. Perhaps this movie has caused him too much stress and those qualities are now manifesting. Stress can cause some people to behave extremely irrationally and impulsive.

Schultz doesn't appear until around the 2:30 mark. At 2:45 they show a dude in the crowd that I could swear is John Du Pont, but I'm not positive.

Du Pont was in prison when Schultz fought in the UFC. So it's not him.

I just watched the movie yesterday, oddly. It was good but I can't see myself watching it again. Also, if those tweets are actually from Schultz, then the movie did a great job of portraying him as sort of a simpleton. Those tweets look like they're written by a kid throwing a tantrum.

Reading them tweets all I could think of is "let off some steam, Bennett"

Apparently this is from his facebook page

COMPARING THE MOVIE AND REALITY: Channing SHOULD be nominated for BEST ACTOR or at least be top 10. He had the most difficult role physically, emotionally, and creatively. He created a fictional character using a few of my personality characteristics as jump-off points but it

For those that have seen the movie, do they mention Schultz's UFC fight at all? It would be in the right timeline for the movie.

The movie does mention his UFC fight. However, they fuck up the timeline. The movie shows Schultz and others watching an MMA-type event that is clearly supposed to be the UFC in 1988. The movie ends with Schultz about to have his UFC fight in 1996, but instead of facing off with a black guy (Gary Goodridge), it was a white guy for some reason.

Apparently this is from his facebook page

I can see how that can irritate someone but his twitter comments came off like toddler wrote them and I am hoping he had an advanced screening of the movie before he started praising it.

Only thing I can think of is that now that the movie is out and people believe that is how he acts is that it may be hurting his booking of speaking engagements.

Last edited:
Guess he feels overshadowed and the movie was supposed to bring him supermega attention.

All the Facebook post says is "I I I me me me".

Don't know what happened but he seems to be coming off rather childish.

yeah, it's pretty stupid to make public comments that no one else follows. and "I take it back" is 4th grade mentality.

For those that don't remember Schultz's UFC career.

[YT]rJ3tMCqwyP0[/YT]

they show Schultz & co watching Goodridge fuck Herrera up live (I'm assuming) foreshadowing Schultz moving to MMA. the movie ends giving details all about Schultz's victory in UFC 9.

Back