News Mark Madsen signs with the UFC.

Yea another a level athlete instead we get a 3rd tier wrestler

5 silver-medals at the world championships and one Olympic silver-medal. Yeah, I see the theme with the silvers, but there is no way he is a 3rd tier wrestler.

a danish olympic medalist in rasslin

das sumthang

5 silver-medals at the world championships and one Olympic silver-medal. Yeah, I see the theme with the silvers, but there is no way he is a 3rd tier wrestler.
Third tier meaning folkstyle > freestyle > greco

Third tier meaning folkstyle > freestyle > greco

Thanks for clarifying that statement. Legit curious; did you invent those tiers or is this is a commonly known phrase in the English-speaking wrestling-community?

Look who’s the Dingus. Context dude

What context? Michael Madsen is the actor from Reservoir Dogs, which would have "worked" in your shitty joke if his name was Mark Madsen...but it's not, so I called you out to embarrass you.

so he agreed to his 8/8 and a reebok coupon , another one bites the dust

It is worth mentioning that so far he has fought at welterweight, so his upcoming match at lightweight might make him either a) more of a beast with the wrestling, b) slow, lethargic.

Nevertheless, this is very exciting news.

I figure with his wrestling background he knows what he's doing with the cut.

Khabib fought 8 straight at welterweight then cut to lightweight for his UFC debut, didn't seem to slow him down.

Jon madsen was a solid wrestler out of Brock’s gym

Funny how all those guys vanished around when Brock left mma also

I always laugh when people say that. What culture do black people have exactly? They needed a white guy to invent a fictional culture for them (Wakanda)
You got them black fellas good, deeeeerp
<Kpop775>

Seriously that’s a pretty stupid and flat out racist remark. I hope this isn’t something that legitimately bothers you

Thanks for clarifying that statement. Legit curious; did you invent those tiers or is this is a commonly known phrase in the English-speaking wrestling-community?
Folkstyle allows for the most in the rules I think. Honestly I kind of struggle to remember the differences between folk and free. Greco only allows upper body throws, so you know no double or single leg attacks and such. I also don’t think they fight to pin each other, but I might be wrong about that.

Folkstyle is easiest to transition to mma from. Freestyle is really similar. Greco leaves out a lot of great tools to have for an mma fighter

Folkstyle allows for the most in the rules I think. Honestly I kind of struggle to remember the differences between folk and free. Greco only allows upper body throws, so you know no double or single leg attacks and such. I also don’t think they fight to pin each other, but I might be wrong about that.

Folkstyle is easiest to transition to mma from. Freestyle is really similar. Greco leaves out a lot of great tools to have for an mma fighter

My question was more about the term "3rd tier", was that a term that a native speaker would have recognised? I am fully onboard with Greco having less MMA-application than the other variants (though that stopped neither Randy Couture, Dan Henderson nor Chael Sonnen from succeeding with that background).

tenor.gif
tenor.gif

lol out here making white folk look bad.

I won't get excited just yet. May be another blanket.

Seriously thought this would be about the goofy white guy that used to play for the Lakers.

I’m disappointed as well

Instead of a level athlete, we’re getting some “amateur wrestler”

My question was more about the term "3rd tier", was that a term that a native speaker would have recognised? I am fully onboard with Greco having less MMA-application than the other variants (though that stopped neither Randy Couture, Dan Henderson nor Chael Sonnen from succeeding with that background).
I’ve never heard that term, I think he’s just ranking them in the order he thinks they belong

All 3 of those guys started out as folk and free style wrestlers. Almost every American wrestler that wrestles in high school is going to be a folkstyle wrestler. Funny story with Randy, he didn’t do Greco until he was in the army. When he applied for the Army team he applied for freestyle, and a clerical error was the reason he ended up on their Greco team.

Don’t get me wrong though Greco is far from useless. They can definitely dominant the clench and mess people up there, and they still are going to get the takedown against most guys

Back