News Mark Madsen signs with the UFC.

Looks like Jimmy Smith...
jimmy_smith.jpg

MarkOMadsen-1024x684.png

virtually-identical.jpg

Euro Wrassler. This could be interesting!

Seriously thought this would be about the goofy white guy that used to play for the Lakers.

Holy fuck the WW division is full of elite blankets. RDA, Masvidal, and Diaz need to gtfo of there and move back to LW and Woodley needs to move up to Middleweight.

Madsen deserves a shot but at 34, he has nothing for the UFC WW division. It's gonna be an 'Emil Meek' type signing - he'll destroy Belluardo (Madsen is actually good) with ease and they'll fast-track him due to his age and Olympic background and will lose a couple in a row.

Why dont Schaub and SUG Underground start the submission matches the way Greco Roman matches start.

At a very quick glance I read that as "Monson" as in the Snoman, Jeff Monson and I was about to get really pumped. But this is cool too.

He has only been doing MMA full-time for two years, so getting to the UFC already is major.

He did dabble a bit with striking and had some MMA-fights in 2013-2014, but once he got a sponsorship for the 2016 Olympics, his contract forbade him to/put severe limits on how he could practice MMA, so basically he is two years into his career. He has a great personality, works hard (he organised whole MMA-shows, rented the arena and everything, just to have somewhere to fight), but he is 34 years old, doesn't hit hard and he is a bit of a blanket.

I think he has a very high ceiling, just because his wrestling-base is so damn good, but he could also end up as a 50/50-fighter on the prelims. I do respect the hell out of him for giving it a try and making it to the UFC effectively two years into his MMA-career.

Back