News Mark Hunt vs Sonny Bill Williams Nov.5th

I'm not sold on Hunt. Let's see how he does against real boxers like Jake Paul.
e74ed89845940755bb7cb9a5cdaba613.gif

KO'd Rugby guy : What was that?
Hunt: F-Train, son. F-train.

One of my favorite Stallone movies.

Mark Hunt should have been a HW boxer, would have been more successful and made way more money.

There was a story that when Mark Hunt was young, he worked as a sparring partner to David Tua and didn't do too well.

I don't think Hunt would necessarily reach the top as a boxer, it's a very different and deep game. The beginning of his fight with Nakajima back near his kickboxing prime days also shows his vulnerability against top boxers.

And if Hunt wouldn't have become a contender boxer, he probably would get less money and fame than he did in K1/MMA so I say he chose the right path.

I thought that too at some point, before I saw Sefo go to boxing and looking clueless.

Eh, you're mostly right but 'clueless' is being a bit dramatic. He smashed 5 cans before getting flatlined himself by a fellow nobody can crusher that was way bigger than him.

Clearly he was just a slugger that was way too hittable and wouldn't amount to much in boxing but we didn't see enough to dismiss him completely as a potential journeyman-level brawler if he stuck around.

Worse K1 boxers than Sefo had relatively successful boxing gatekeeper/journeymen careers.

The old war horse still showing fight, for anyone that doesnt know SBW is a New Zealand multisport rugby athlete who was a heavy favourite coming into this fight. Beautiful KO

OOH no, not Sonny Williams, cruel sport.

No K-1 was the right choice. Real boxers would have wrecked his chin by the time he was 30.

Again, mostly correct but also too dramatic. Hunt was a pretty sh*t pure boxer that would have been dropping UDs left and right but he also wasn't going to be getting KOd left and right by journeymen boxers in his prime.

You're not taking flush Cro Cop high kicks but suddenly turning into late-career Chuck Liddell just because you are fighting some random bums on the regional scene in boxing.

Look at Lucas Browne (and look at how much punishment he could initially take from Dillian Whyte before finally getting murdered) getting starched by a rugby player who couldn't even remotely hurt Hunt even as a gassed elderly man. Hunt's chin was always going to be a tough one to crack no matter what the discipline.

Once again, it’s almost as if a crossover A-level athlete isn’t always as skilled as a purpose-trained combat athlete.

Back