News Mark Hunt vs Sonny Bill Williams Nov.5th

Mark Hunt should have been a HW boxer, would have been more successful and made way more money.
What are you talking about, Hunt was a k-1 wgp champion. I grant you that there was more than a little luck involved in his winning of that tournament but he was absolutely a top 5 k-1 fighter for a few years. I think he would of struggled to crack into the top 15 in heavyweight boxing.

"Clueless" might sound disrespectful, wasn't meant that way as Sefo and Hunt were like childhood heroes for me.

But it echoes that feeling of disappointment from when I saw Ray losing his balance from swinging and having absolutely nothing for a guy that could box in the proper way.

His game was suited to the short, frenetic K1 format where a heavy offensive but poor defensive style was a legit strategy often used to successfully overwhelm more technical fighters, not necessarily a sign of being a mindless bum like it is in boxing. It's not like he didn't get murdered several times doing it in K1 too, so it was always high risk high reward regardless of discipline but it made more sense in K1 than boxing.

Trying the same thing in boxing vs a can crusher who looked twice the size of him was clearly a bad idea, but it doesn't mean that Sefo wouldn't have been able to better adapt his boxing game later. He had some good offensive attributes that he might have been able to use with some success in journeyman-level boxing.

Anderson Silva fans told me you're not supposed to win at age 47.

So how come Mark Hunt won at age 48?

Anderson Silva fans told me you're not supposed to win at age 47.

So how come Mark Hunt won at age 48?

You know very well that Hunts style and physical attributes transfer FAR better to old age than Andersons.

Mark Hunt should have been a HW boxer, would have been more successful and made way more money.
Hunt tried to be a HW boxer, I believe he competed in pro boxing before he competed in kickboxing. He trained at Tony Mundines gym. Hunt was a relatively late starter, I don't think he ever put on a pair of gloves until he was late teens, which doesn't sound very late but most high level boxers have been training since they were kids and have a lot of family ties to the sport, that said with his physical genetics, if he committed to it, I think he at the very least could have been a top 20 guy. HW boxing wasn't exactly stacked between 2000 - 2015, some of the contenders the Klistchko's fought were nothing special and they were good enough to challenge for a title.

Hunt tried to be a HW boxer, I believe he competed in pro boxing before he competed in kickboxing. He trained at Tony Mundines gym. Hunt was a relatively late starter, I don't think he ever put on a pair of gloves until he was late teens, which doesn't sound very late but most high level boxers have been training since they were kids and have a lot of family ties to the sport, that said with his physical genetics, if he committed to it, I think he at the very least could have been a top 20 guy. HW boxing wasn't exactly stacked between 2000 - 2015, some of the contenders the Klistchko's fought were nothing special and they were good enough to challenge for a title.
First fight he ever had was kickboxing with literally no training. Like he was 17 and a bartender said "hey man, saw you knock that dude out, come have a kickboxing match next week" kind of thing. His first pro boxing match was in his mid 20s.

First fight he ever had was kickboxing with literally no training. Like he was 17 and a bartender said "hey man, saw you knock that dude out, come have a kickboxing match next week" kind of thing. His first pro boxing match was in his mid 20s.
Oh I was a bit off, thought he competed boxing first.

Back