Mark Hunt Attempts a Spinning Back Kick on Mirko Cro Cop

Great win for Hunto, absolute legend without question to all except the Brockbitches.

Only his 4th ever MMA fight and it was Cro Cop's 22nd MMA fight or something.

random but i always thought crocop wearing wrestling shoes was awesome. that and him pulling out the axe kick... has he ever thrown one since?
Against Pat Barry, yes.

His coach Ivan Hippolyte yelled out "no side kicks Mirko, no side kicks!" and that's when Cro Cop decided to throw an axe kick which he also landed.

He also threw several axe kicks during his K-1 days. Emporio, check out his fight with Andy Hug, the most legendary axe kicker in K-1 history, if you haven't seen it. At one point, they literally traded axe kicks :eek:

IIRC that was a close fight, no hobbery

It was a competitive fight, but I don't think that it was a close fight. Plus, with the extra points that Wand was supposed to get on the cards for giving away so much weight to Hunt, there's no conceivable reason for awarding that fight to Hunt.

His fight with Mirko, on the other hand, was much closer. That one's not even close to a robbery. I just think that Mirko's offensive output should've got him the nod.

Wand suffered so much damage that it changed his career, sadly...

Nearly getting his head uppercutted off his shoulders and then getting punched across the ring into the corner by Hunt in 2004 and then getting beaten from pillar to post by Mirko in 2006 definitely aged him in fighting years by a couple of decades :oops:

mark-hunt-atomic-butt-drop.gif

The legendary Atomic Butt Drop!!

IIRC that was a close fight, no hobbery... Wand suffered so much damage that it changed his career, sadly...
A courageous and the valiamt effort by Wand a true testament to his warrior spirit.

He also threw several axe kicks during his K-1 days. Emporio, check out his fight with Andy Hug, the most legendary axe kicker in K-1 history, if you haven't seen it. At one point, they literally traded axe kicks :eek:

It was a competitive fight, but I don't think that it was a close fight. Plus, with the extra points that Wand was supposed to get on the cards for giving away so much weight to Hunt, there's no conceivable reason for awarding that fight to Hunt.

His fight with Mirko, on the other hand, was much closer. That one's not even close to a robbery. I just think that Mirko's offensive output should've got him the nod.

Nearly getting his head uppercutted off his shoulders and then getting punched across the ring into the corner by Hunt in 2004 and then getting beaten from pillar to post by Mirko in 2006 definitely aged him in fighting years by a couple of decades :oops:

OK ... I would have to rewatch it and reconsider all the Pride Criterias then, Hume Style...

Always felt that the damage inflicted by Hunto would compensate any other sub-criteria though...

It sounds weird to say this, as this isn't exactly a category of accomplishment that's subject to heated debate on here, but Randy's guest commentating on that card calling Wand/Hunt and Fedor/Nog has to be the GOAT guest commentating performance. He did guest commentary at UFC 35 and then called Chuck/Tito I, so that PRIDE event wasn't his first time in the booth, but still, he was impressively composed, laid back, funny, insightful, and genuinely excited to be there watching those awesome fighters and fights.

And come on: He coined the Atomic Butt Drop :D

props for the vid man i've been here since '02 and remember you holding it down for mirko since day 1.

props for the vid man

That one's the highest quality vid that I could find. For some reason, that fight has always been insanely difficult to find both in full and in high quality. Thankfully, I bought a bootleg DVD of that event on some old Japanese website in 2005 or 2006 :cool:

i've been here since '02 and remember you holding it down for mirko since day 1.

2h4jq4l.jpg

Kicks allowed with shoes on always left my smh

8IsMTdO.gif

giphy.gif

I still laugh when I remember Randy Couture saying that Bas, who was commentating, should put that in his Big Book of Combat. LOL. I'm also fairly sure that Mirko through another axe kick in that fight, along with another kick that looked like it was going to take the side of Hunt's face off.

I went to one of Wand's seminars, and from what I remember he said that Hunt hit him so hard that he went deaf temporarily and still has double vision in the periphery of one eye.

giphy.gif

Not...human.

Yeah, that's a prime Cro Cop shin right to the jaw. It kind of looks like Hunt is asleep as he is falling, but wakes up when he hits the ground and then gets back up.

Mark caught his forearm on mirkos elbow looks like it hurt like hell

Back